Coke and chocolate in vending machines in hospital

Should they serve coke and chocolate in vending machines in hospital?

• Yes

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Not sure / it depends

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters

Heatherirvine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What are you doing locking yourself in? Lol! It's a wonder they didn't trash your house as well, you know what these here scousers are like! It's a wonder that you had any wheels left on the bus! Lol!
Yeah, the paramedics I know are pretty good!
now now lol, (think when they walked in and saw the state of the house from the kids being unsupervised and thought we had already been done lol). Scalleys we maybe but it would be a scouser you would want to be watching your back.

Reactions: 2 people

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Racism,ignorance,nastiness,selfishness
One thing though I bet they don't do it again as I'm sure they got a fright from what they had done if nothing else.

a lesson learnt for sure. They actually brought in new training afterward, i did ask if they could include my name in whatever they called the new training ;)

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I was like a stalker I used to tape everything they were on on VHS (the days of Trevor and Simon and going live

o gosh I had forgot about Going Live!! What was that show called on a Saturday morning with Zoe Ball and Jamie Theakston? That used to be a good laugh. My fav was SMTV with Ant n Dec. Lol, when they were PJ n Duncan I went to see then 8x in concert *goes red* I have no shame admitting this ;)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
now now lol, (think when they walked in and saw the state of the house from the kids being unsupervised and thought we had already been done lol). Scalleys we maybe but it would be a scouser you would want to be watching your back.
Errrrr, you know what I mean, like!
I've been called scouser quite a number of times, unfortunately I have that humour, and it grew up on the other side of the Mersey, quite near, that them 'Ferries 'cross the Mersey' I see'd them most of dem three graces for the best part of my childhood!

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
There are some 'scousers' I wouldn't want behind me!!!

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

yep, tv was certainly alot better back then! Im all nostalgic now, think will youtube some over lunch :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Only thing that seems to work quick enough for me as I have rapid onset hypoglycaemia with NO symptoms so I can function very well with a 1.2 blood sugar which is so unbelievably dangerous. I have constant glucose monitors at the moment which are a help but it still doesn't always help as it drops so quickly my cognitive function has usually gone by the time the sensor picks up the low bm (although it has saved visits from the ambulance service). Also it should only be the original lucozade they offer as the carbohydrate in the others isn't as high and it doesn't work as quick. I have tried dextrosol, glucose gel, sugar it seems to work best for me. What do you find is best for you?
A biscuit, hopefully a digestive. Most biscuits are high GI, digestives are medium GI and a diet drink, to raise my BSLs slowly, then when it is back up, I try and get a level that is normal for me even if I have to fast. It's food especially sugar and carbs that see me off, thank whoever for my meds!

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
What I have is Reactive Hypoglycaemia, diagnosed T2 over 5 years ago. Only just found I was not T2 probably prediabetic, no one knows for sure, (except for This Is Too Difficult)) then constant hypos led me to where I am, not diabetic at all. I have a natrual aversion to carbs and sugars.
I follow a diabetic diet, low carbs, med fats, I have diabetic symptoms, and I have a really rare condition!
I find the diversity of all the 'disease' of Diabetes fascinating and I'm trying to understand the science, which means I can see what is happening to me.
I am testing, tasting,testing,
I can't figure out my own condition never mind anyone else's.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
What I have is Reactive Hypoglycaemia, diagnosed T2 over 5 years ago. Only just found I was not T2 probably prediabetic, no one knows for sure, (except for This Is Too Difficult)) then constant hypos led me to where I am, not diabetic at all. I have a natrual aversion to carbs and sugars.
I follow a diabetic diet, low carbs, med fats, I have diabetic symptoms, and I have a really rare condition!
I find the diversity of all the 'disease' of Diabetes fascinating and I'm trying to understand the science, which means I can see what is happening to me.
I am testing, tasting,testing,
First time I have seen you giving a name to you condition mate. Am now looking it up.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Look in Wikipedia, has more than one paragraph, as the NHS web page does!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The list of actual symptoms is long and boring!

The important one is memory loss, when I don't want to do chores!