Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am wondering if there is anyone here who has or knows of someone who has
A - lost a lot of weight without going lowish carb
B - gone low carb and not lost much weight.
And if so have they achieved normal HbA1c

Wish I new how to do a poll.

It might help to define "lowish carb".

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That is excellent you obviously just had a diabetic blip (put it down to bad blood tests :)). Let me know if they work out the hands/feet issue as I seem to be suffering cold (and pain from the "cold") with my hands and feet when my levels are below 5.6 and been considering going back to the docs.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is excellent you obviously just had a diabetic blip (put it down to bad blood tests :)). Let me know if they work out the hands/feet issue as I seem to be suffering cold (and pain from the "cold") with my hands and feet when my levels are below 5.6 and been considering going back to the docs.
I always used to have really hot feet all the time when my BG was not as controlled as it is now. I needed to be barefooted nearly all the time, even in winter wore open sandals outside. Feet get very cold now, especially when BG is particularly low normal. To such an extent that I wear woolly socks and boots yet still can't always get feet warm.. Not sure which I prefer, think it is cold.

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Just diet mate. I could probably get any HbA1c I want.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Do you think that TITD could have been disdiagnosed in the first place? Or am I reading your post wrong?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
No I think he has just managed to sort it out so fast that he has probably not suffered any long term effects and is now working as he should and by the sounds of it better than his wife.

Reactions: 2 people

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Andrew have you had your B12 checked.
I got the doc to do another B12 test. It came back at 128. Very low. I am getting my first weekly B12 shot today.
I got a printout of it. Under clinical data it says neuropathy.
Cholesterol is 3.7 HDL 2.0 so not all bad news

Last edited by a moderator:

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
So what is broken. Hope it isn't you and just the whiskey bottle

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
So what is broken. Hope it isn't you and just the whiskey bottle

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
The effects of the neuropathy and other side effects of very low b12 will probably be permanent. The first thing I noticed in February was just cold hands and feet which I put down to a change of diet at that time.
But that was yesterday. Time to get on with it now.
Have you had a B12 check?