Box Hill Cycle Ride 6th July - Team blood glucose free event!

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Team Blood Glucose are hosting a cycle ride around Box Hill in Surrey on the 6th July. Free and open to all, there will be three levels of ride difficulty, so it doesn't matter if you're a cycling newbie or a pro - you'll be made to feel welcome.:)
For more information go to http://www.teambloodglucose.com/TeamBG/Box_Hill_Cycle_Ride.html

image.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not long to go now!
Anyone who fancies joining a cycle on the 6th July - three rides to cater to different fitness levels.
An opportunity to have a fun day out riding and perhaps more importantly an opportunity to share and learn about blood glucose control with exercise.
For anyone who lives locally but doesn't cycle, you may want to use the opportunity for a pleasant day out walking - and meet up with us at the Box Hill cafe. A number of the cyclists will be stopping off there on the ride sometime between 11.30am and 1pm.:)

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi guys!
@Andy12345 @RosieDred @Brightside @mo1905 and friends (those of you who can make it) not long to go now!
We will be meeting up on Sunday morning in Dorking train station car park at approx 9.30am
Look out for people milling about in TeamBG kit - there will be a number of us coming!

Really looking forward to seeing you!:)
Any issues on the day - delays etc, just let us know by using the contact number on the TeamBG website.http://www.teambloodglucose.com/TeamBG/Contact.html

Brightside

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok have contacted Midge we are registered so no going back now :) no bg shirts for us though (too soon since diagnosis :). But will see you there. 64km and that ruddy hill!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ok have contacted Midge we are registered so no going back now :) no bg shirts for us though (too soon since diagnosis :). But will see you there. 64km and that ruddy hill!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Looking forward to it Brightside! (well, except perhaps for that ruddy hill!)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
im a terrible person for letting you all down, i feel very unwell with an infection and cant make it :( you can punch and kick me but im not sure id notice, sorry all

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh no @Andy12345
Maybe do the course solo when you feel better?
Get well soon

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
feel terrible for letting down the side :( i should have my avatar stripped off me

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
im a terrible person for letting you all down, i feel very unwell with an infection and cant make it :( you can punch and kick me but im not sure id notice, sorry all

Get well soon sissy pants,
We'll be saving the hardest climb for you for when you get well!
Bxx:p

Brightside

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
So back home again....great ride really enjoyed it.....perhaps next time we can start earlier :)....less traffic and then we may be able to finish the whole course....
just to show how exercise helps sugar levels....woke up this am 7.9....naughty me tucked into the kids sweets yesterday evening....anyway 41.46km (25.9 miles) burned 982 kcal's and sugar now 4.4.....

heres a link to the ride including my heart rate which went through the roof going up that "ruddy hill"

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/535667545

Thanks folks for organsing pls let me know when and where for the next one!

Reactions: 4 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
So back home again....great ride really enjoyed it.....perhaps next time we can start earlier :)....less traffic and then we may be able to finish the whole course....
just to show how exercise helps sugar levels....woke up this am 7.9....naughty me tucked into the kids sweets yesterday evening....anyway 41.46km (25.9 miles) burned 982 kcal's and sugar now 4.4.....

heres a link to the ride including my heart rate which went through the roof going up that "ruddy hill"

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/535667545

Thanks folks for organsing pls let me know when and where for the next one!

Great to have you with us Brightside!
The return journey back down into Dorking was far easier (though perhaps that had something to do with the flapjack!) We'll keep you posted as to the next event - in the meantime, keep up the great work!:)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
well done guys :)

i promise to be at the next one, wearing my hot pants

Reactions: 4 people

Brightside

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
So I've gone and done it now! Put my name down and paid me money for two stages of the mhealth tour!

I'm either nuts stupid or just plain crazy!

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
So I've gone and done it now! Put my name down and paid me money for two stages of the mhealth tour!

I'm either nuts stupid or just plain crazy!

Omg that is Awesome!!!
Get in touch with teamBG now! Let's get your rider profile up on the site and let's see what we can do to help support you.
If you're doing the last two stages, I'll see you in Vienna when you arrive! You'll already know some of the riders too. I am just Sooooo chuffed! It's going to be epic!:):):joyful::joyful::happy::happy::)