Room 010 (NOT like the TV prog)

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @Brunneria , could do with some pampering.

MMMMMM nice and warm in here, those bubbles do tickle in places best left unmentioned, lots of double cream please.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Brunneria , could do with some pampering.

MMMMMM nice and warm in here, those bubbles do tickle in places best left unmentioned, lots of double cream please.

Aha, yes, we have lots of double cream.

There you go. I did an espresso lungo this time, but can make a pot of filter coffee next time, if you prefer.

Pass the remote. I need to adjust the angle of the electronically controlled sun umbrella.

Edited to add:
Now I've got to go get myself a cup! Lol

Reactions: 2 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Aha, yes, we have lots of double cream.

There you go. I did an espresso lungo this time, but can make a pot of filter coffee next time, if you prefer.

Pass the remote. I need to adjust the angle of the electronically controlled sun umbrella.

Edited to add:
Now I've got to go get myself a cup! Lol

Ooooooh this is good.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Kind neighbours who have a glut of runner beans, my favourite veg next to cabbage.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The lovely people who volunteer on Sundays in the greenhouses of our local park.

The dog loves them. They love the dog. They do a fab job, and are such kind people.

C

chris lowe

My mums' favourite - Coffee walnut whip. Just found that M & S do them. Not seen them for years and years, not as big as they used to be but I managed to chop one in half (spare is wrapped in cling film and now in fridge) and luckily no spike after 2 hours.
Am I remembering correctly, I think they used to have a walnut in the bottom?

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My mums' favourite - Coffee walnut whip. Just found that M & S do them. Not seen them for years and years, not as big as they used to be but I managed to chop one in half (spare is wrapped in cling film and now in fridge) and luckily no spike after 2 hours.

Ah I remember those from the late1970's, I thought they were quite decadent, being a youngster then and I used to treat myself to these when I started my first job, happy memories, thanks :D

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
On top no?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Yes there was one on top, but I have a dim memory of maybe one in the bottom?
I hope some one can give a correct answer cos it's going to do my nut in not knowing now!
To long ago to remember ...

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
There have been a number of flavours of Walnut Whip over the years, including coffee and maple flavours, but currently only vanilla is widely available. The original Walnut Whip contained a half-walnut placed inside the cone on the thick chocolate base, rather than on top. It was later marketed with an extra walnut on top, and subsequently the walnut inside was removed to leave one walnut outside .....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walnut_Whip

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
There have been a number of flavours of Walnut Whip over the years, including coffee and maple flavours, but currently only vanilla is widely available. The original Walnut Whip contained a half-walnut placed inside the cone on the thick chocolate base, rather than on top. It was later marketed with an extra walnut on top, and subsequently the walnut inside was removed to leave one walnut outside .....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walnut_Whip

They are so so tiny now, hardly enough to make a tooth filling :rolleyes:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
All I could find was a mention of Duncan's walnut whips. I do love coffee flavoured foods, a big treat is coffee ice cream in a small tub, delicious.
The best one ever was in Paris, France a vendor right by the river, and I could eat the cone then, so yummy :happy: tummy is rumbling now o_O

Reactions: 5 people

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@satindoll and @noblehead and anyone else who takes on a rescue dog. The dogs are often not the prettiest or best behaved, but they only want kindness.
My rescue dog Freddie is the love of my life don't even know how old he is we have had him 8yyears
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1409679706.559873.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
C

chris lowe

Isn't it amazing what you can find out on Wikipedia? Obiously the walnut inside was removed as a cost cutting measure!