How much weight have YOU lost?

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello Lakes6809, and to all, I have read your posts and congratulations on your successes.
I am yo-yo ing and getting nowhere, fast. I am very much heavier than all here, and have a very long way to go, carb counting and balancing is now got to be the way to go. I am going to see the diabetic dietician at the end of the month, so what will that bring.
I any one using victoza? and how are you finding it's effect on your intestines? it has slowed my system down so much that opening medicine, is need most days, the bloated belly and tense muscles is a pest to my progress. Will keep posting to you, if you wish, ttfn

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Hello Lakes6809, and to all, I have read your posts and congratulations on your successes.
I am yo-yo ing and getting nowhere, fast. I am very much heavier than all here, and have a very long way to go, carb counting and balancing is now got to be the way to go. I am going to see the diabetic dietician at the end of the month, so what will that bring.
I any one using victoza? and how are you finding it's effect on your intestines? it has slowed my system down so much that opening medicine, is need most days, the bloated belly and tense muscles is a pest to my progress. Will keep posting to you, if you wish, ttfn
Have a look at this website - life changer for me! See my signature! https://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

Reactions: 2 people

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello Scandichic, thank you for the link, will visit there tomorrow and take the information to use.
Hope this mini post finds you in good stead for today, ttfn

alliebee

I'm really happy. Just over 2 weeks into lchf diet and unbelivably I've lost 9lbs! I'm amazed asi don't have a tremendous amount to lose. Just 1 stone and a half...I know most of this is fluid but its welcome...my blood sugars are down quite a bit and just the fasting one to get right

Reactions: 8 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm really happy. Just over 2 weeks into lchf diet and unbelivably I've lost 9lbs! I'm amazed asi don't have a tremendous amount to lose. Just 1 stone and a half...I know most of this is fluid but its welcome...my blood sugars are down quite a bit and just the fasting one to get right
Really happy for you! :):):)

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I lost 40 Kg and its still off. LCHF and of course controlled portion sizes is the key . I was shocked when I realised that a bit of meat or chicken the size of a pack of cards was my new serving size.

Reactions: 8 people

alliebee

@Pasha. I know what you mean. Here was me merrily tucking into huge steaks of beef and lamb and wondering why this lchf wasn't working. Now I've learnt so much on this forum. New reduced protein and more healthy fats and its dropping off ...this morning I'm two more pounds lighter! My body must like this way of eating...

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Well done, but one word of warning - start planning now for what you will do when you reach goal weight. It is the hardest bit to balance and needs thought, and also some leeway when you start maintenance because many of us have found we just keep losing weight until we get the balance of calories right. Not easy if you don't want to increase carbs. It only leaves fat and protein.

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

Thankyou. I must admit I hadn't given it any thought. I have a stone and a bit to go yet. I guess its got to be a balance of maybe a few more carbs from veg and a little more protein?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thankyou. I must admit I hadn't given it any thought. I have a stone and a bit to go yet. I guess its got to be a balance of maybe a few more carbs from veg and a little more protein?

It depends how many calories you are currently eating and how many you need to stop the weight loss, which depends on your personal lifestyle. . I was on 1200 calories. I tried 1500, still losing. Tried 1600, still losing. Now trying 1650. 450 calories a day is a lot to make up!! It really does need planning in advance, and starting while you have some leeway.

alliebee

My word! I really do need to think about this! That's a lot of food to make up with fats and protein isn't it? I'm learning such a lot on here ...food for thought quite literally :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My word! I really do need to think about this! That's a lot of food to make up with fats and protein isn't it? I'm learning such a lot on here ...food for thought quite literally :)

You won't be alone in this. There are several of us struggling. It would be easier to add back some carbs, and I have experimented with this, but it does take time.

alliebee

I should imagine its really hard eating an extra maybe 400 calories when on this way of eating your appetite lessens quite a lot. I'm amazed how the cravings have dried up...and often I have to make myself eat a light lunch

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It depends how you want to do things. I mean one bullet-proof coffee is about 450 calories, so that's easy - if that's how you want to live longer term.

It's not for me though.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My meals are smaller than they were and my stomach has got used to this amount. I struggle to increase it. Someone suggested having a starter with a meal. I tried but felt I was just eating for the sake of it, not because I wanted it. I'll get there in the end, and hopefully my body will decide enough is enough and I will stop losing!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It depends how you want to do things. I mean one bullet-proof coffee is about 450 calories, so that's easy - if that's how you want to live longer term.

It's not for me though.

I couldn't drink it! I don't believe in adding fat for the sake of it. It sounds revolting anyway.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was really just making a point that it doesn't have to be eating lots more, if that's how we choose to be.

Misteraa

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dropped from 105kg when diagnosed in Dec 2012 to 89.4kg last week. Haven't weighed myself this week.

LCHF, cut out sugar and sweets etc - same old same old, funny how the NHS doesn't take any notice of all these results :banghead:

Reactions: 6 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My understanding is that your body stops losing on LCHF when it's happy - that's the beauty of it. Don't think that you can lose too much!