Medtronic question on reservoir connector

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Hia - during my set change last night and I tried to half turn and click the connector on to the insulin reservoir after filling and it wouldn't click in like normal. Thought I'd got a faulty one so tried a second and the same thing happened. I didn't want to waste any more than I had to so I took the second and literally had to force down the little cap onto reservoir with quite some force to get it in before being able to half turn and click it. Anyone else finding this with their sets recently? (Normally it's a light push, turn and click into place)

Reactions: 2 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nope all been fine here. Maybe you e got a bad batch?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
when I put mine on to the reservoir I turn it until I get some resistance between the end of the tubing and the reservoir top..............however, if I continue turning it clicks out and the resistance is gone.........

begin a wee tad ocd I turn it again to feel it tighten.........

I don't think mine is meant to click as such and once the pump piston has engaged with the reservoir bottom I don't think it matters.......

I use the quick set tubing.......

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Ta guys. Think it is a new batch I'm using. Once I'd got it in its been working perfectly fine. Just have to remember at my next change that I have to use a bit more force and not go into panic mode (like yesterday!)

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
different from me but from the images the reservoir connection is the same....

and the reservoirs are the same even with the 1.8ml and 3.0ml....

next time try turning till you feel it tighten, then stop.......:)

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi it turns fine it's just getting to that point where it's meant to just cluck in before turning. That's when I'm having to press down on it - once in the half turn works fine. Might phone them to ask

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just made Medtronic aware of this and they confirmed that sometimes it seems that caps will be a tighter fit and there was no harm in applying more pressure to get it connected. They were excellent though. I said I was a worrier and going to Greece next week and he asked me if I would like to get some new sets from a different batch sent out with my spare pump tomorrow just for my own piece of mind. I call that fantastic customer care - well dine Medtrnoic. Also said it was good to have these things recorded in case others phone with same issue on this batch.

Reactions: 5 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had the exact problem with the luer connectors on Animas Vibe reservoirs and sets from time to time. On one occasion I have had a slow leak from the reservoir and very random delivery because of it. One to watch for, on all makes of pump.

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had the same problem the last couple of times I changed a set, usually like you say the connector pushes onto the reservoir easily and makes a definite click. I have had to push them on harder and haven't got a definite click. I was worried I hadn't got a proper connection but did check for any insulin leakage and there didn't appear to be any. Glad to hear you got such good customer care from Medtronic.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I have had the same problem the last couple of times I changed a set, usually like you say the connector pushes onto the reservoir easily and makes a definite click. I have had to push them on harder and haven't got a definite click. I was worried I hadn't got a proper connection but did check for any insulin leakage and there didn't appear to be any. Glad to hear you got such good customer care from Medtronic.

Did you let manufacturer know? If you don't then they won't know people are having problems and they won't improve their products...