Not open for further replies.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On return from Tesco was most annoyed to find all 9bar indulge had gone and someone had hidden the ticket from view. Consoled myself with the cheesecake thing........

That's awful! Do you think they read this forum? :pompous:

Reactions: 2 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
That's awful! Do you think they read this forum? :pompous:

I think they might be replenishing stock after you massive bulk order! Will have to do an online order instead

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yesterday
B.bullet proof coffee .just a teaspoon of butter and coconut oil
1 ounce cheddar
And 1 slice bacon.
L.2 eggs cheese omlette and four florets of brocolli.
D. tin of tuna lettuce, 2 cherry tomatoes and half red pepoer.
12 blueberries one dessertspoon cream and one of sour cream 5almonds and three brazil nuts.
4 cups of tea ..three pints of water .( at least)..felt full all day

Today 1 cup of tea ..
1 pint of water
Bullet proof coffee with much larger helping of butter and coconut oil 40 and 35 grams ....had stomach pain ten minutes after and feel really shaky neausea ..actually have had to lie down ..passing a lot of wind ...

Last edited by a moderator:

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Still shaky and feeling sick 40 mins later and feet are freezing ...anyone else get this effect ??
BTW I am non diabetic .

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still shaky and feeling sick 40 mins later and feet are freezing ...anyone else get this effect ??
BTW I am non diabetic .

I've never had that reaction, no.

But some people do have problems adjusting to switching to low carb.
I would slow things down. Make the transition more gently.

It takes much longer for the body to digest fats than carbs. So you may be experiencing a sort of 'gap' when your body it expecting energy from the carbs, but the butter energy has not yet kicked in.

Have you heard of 'low carb flu'. Try googling it and see if you feel the symptoms match.

The answer is to drink masses, be gentle with yourself. Allow your body to transition into using a different fuel source.

Just a thought: are you sweetening your coffee with an artificial sweetener with xylitol or another polyol?
They can cause some 'gastrointestinal side effects' if used n excess, or if you are not used to them.

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

Can you take your temp @mamamodge? You may be going down with something. Just a thought as you say your feet are cold? Often an indication of a low grade fever. Hope you feel better soon

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Can you take your temp @mamamodge? You may be going down with something. Just a thought as you say your feet are cold? Often an indication of a low grade fever. Hope you feel better soon
Thanks for replys .
I have been low carbing for over a month ..went through the craving shaky stage and until today felt great .Indeed this morning felt full of energy until I had bullet proof coffee ...I have been having it with cream and coconut oil until yesterday and today.temp is ok ....

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for replys .
I have been low carbing for over a month ..went through the craving shaky stage and until today felt great .Indeed this morning felt full of energy until I had bullet proof coffee ...I have been having it with cream and coconut oil until yesterday and today

Then it won't be low carb flu - ignore my prev comment!

@alliebee 's suggestion may be the answer... Hope you feel better soon!

Reactions: 3 people

alliebee

Its a strange one..I had my first one the other day and my energy went up. No hunger no gastrointestinal symptoms either...sometimes high fats can make people feel a bit queasy..I do hope it settles for you. Hopefully someone else will be along soon to help..

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am just now starting to feel a bit better ...although tummy is churning abit...I didnt have sweetner ..haven't taken sugar for over thirty years and never substituted it ..the only sugar I have is chocolate..my one weakness in life ..yum ! But not had any of that since two squares last wednesday of 85 % chocolate.

Maybe it was just the overload of butter ...have never been a big butter / spread eater .Except on hot crumpets. My other half says what I used to put on bread wasn't worth the effort

alliebee

Maybe just try the coconut oil in the next one ( maybe gentler on you). We are all different in how we digest things. Glad you feel a bit better

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Maybe just try the coconut oil in the next one ( maybe gentler on you). We are all different in how we digest things. Glad you feel a bit better
Thanks for support ..detetmined to kick start this body of mine into losing weight because it aint happen so far lol but as I feel better with less carbs I'll keep at it ..

alliebee

I have been on this lchf for 6 weeks. The first two were up and down. Lost gained lost. Then all of a sudden it was falling off. I'm now a stone lighter. It works for me

Reactions: 5 people

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have been on this lchf for 6 weeks. The
I have been on this lchf for 6 weeks. The first two were up and down. Lost gained lost. Then all of a sudden it was falling off. I'm now a stone lighter. It works for me

st two were up and down. Lost gained lost. Then all of a sudden it was falling off. I'm now a stone lighter. It works for me
Thats brilliant Alliebe ....good for you ...I see from your profile you were same profession as myself

alliebee

I found my fitness pal app helped. I was amazed at hidden carbs in stuff now I eat approx 35g of carb a day..I also upped my water intake. Its falling off now...just a thought. Good luck

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Today am had, green tea with lemon and coconut oil. Grilled avocado and cheese drizlled with olive oil

some cashews and a cup of tea. half a 9 bar

tuna mayo, olive, gherkin and beetroot salad, drizzle olive oil. Strwaberrys and melted choc with cream

Tonight am having thai green chicken curry and cauli rice. Might have a white wine soda to wash it down.
Not forgetting some sort of bedtime snack, usually some dark choc, nuts or a hot drink (and often a gherkin, am loving gherkins at the mo!:wacky:)

alliebee

Breakfast was blue brie cheese with a few lettuce leaves
Lunch was mackeral fillet mashed up with horseradish sauce and toms ( just a few ) and pepper slices
Dinner is going to be a small steak and assorted veggies
Snack a vodka and soda at lunchtime

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I am just now starting to feel a bit better ...although tummy is churning abit...I didnt have sweetner ..haven't taken sugar for over thirty years and never substituted it ..the only sugar I have is chocolate..my one weakness in life ..yum ! But not had any of that since two squares last wednesday of 85 % chocolate.

Maybe it was just the overload of butter ...have never been a big butter / spread eater .Except on hot crumpets. My other half says what I used to put on bread wasn't worth the effort

Oooh you need to be careful upping the fat especially the coconut oil, I've been drinking bulletcoffee for more than 2 years, started with a couple of teaspoons of each then increased the butter a bit after a couple of weeks then continue increasing slowly. But it sound strange if you only had a tsp of butter and mixed it well.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast turkey rasher, poached egg, mushrooms
lunch ham and cheese salad; too much chocolate
dinner ham salad, cheese and egg mush( was meant to be an omelette but stuck to pan) and 6 chunky homemade wedges- off to peddle now to use them up!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5brazil nuts and coffee with cream

Cold chicken and Helmans (going to start making my own again soon, just need to source some decent oil)

9bar

97% meat sausages, creamy cabbage, broccoli and asparagus.

Will have berries and cream, later.
Or a hot choc (LC)

Status
Not open for further replies.