logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Oh dear - this isn't good :mad:
Not only is VAT not being deducted when you reach the checkout but they add on £10.80 for delivery making the starter pack £170.75 :arghh:
I assume they'll sort out the VAT problem soon but I'm not at all happy about the delivery costs - every other diabetes company I've dealt with (including Abbott) have sent meters, accessories etc free of charge so it's a bit of a kick in the wallet to have to pay this charge for the Libre.
If they're going to apply this charge every time you order sensors it'll put the system beyond the financial reach of a lot of people :sour:

supp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Website was iffy last night. It eventually allowed me to buy the starter pack but it wasn't taking off the VAT so I didn't buy. Now the website is back to info only. No shop page!?

£10 postage is probably what it costs them to post but it's a big chunk to stick on!

Worrying they can't get a simple website to work properly :/

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
The vat is now being deducted and postage is now 4.98 I think total was 138.25 for starter pack yes he gave in :)))

Reactions: 2 people

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am seriously considering this. Got a birthday coming up so I think it might go on my wish list

jodysd6

I ordered and got the email today about the VAT error and postage price error, on the site now when I add sensors it comes up with the price without VAT! I'm excited but I'm pretty much expecting some sort of delay with processing the order/delivery so will try to contain myself until it actually arrives!

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have u received a mail to say it's been dispatched?

PG1759

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm seriously considering it, although the rep told me that it would cost 300 pound per quarter for the sensors ! That's £1200 per year !

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Emmotha, thanks for your post last night telling us the shop was live - Abbott obviously forgot to tell us despite registering!

I had loads of problems ordering, but got there about midnight. Refused credit card several times and had to use PayPal. Received an email this evening saying they will charge the whole amount and then refund the VAT and excess postage to the payment method - great, that means I'll have £30 ish sitting in PayPal when I rarely use it. Anyway, hopefully you've received your email by now saying they're sorting out your order too.

Smidge

raregerry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi smidge

This is what called a soft launch to see how things are working, so they can fix any teething promlems before the big push. once they happy they can handle large number of orders they will send out the emails and start an advertisting campain.
On the point of paypay you can transfer money back out
to your bank account or credit card if that where the money came from.

Reactions: 2 people

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ordered mine last night with no problems whatsoever. Having ticked the VAT exemption box, the VAT was removed before the payment step and there was a declaration to make for it.

I've held off on a subscription for sensors while I see what happens with them being available on prescription.

Now there's just the wait for it to arrive...

raregerry

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I would say it will a long time before they are available on prescription if ever as things like this are never quick.

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
So that is the postage now then after they have fixed it all?

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have they taken money? My PayPal account says pending

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
it will be interesting to see how long you can streach a sensor, the CGM are running at 5 weeks