Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At the moment it's £160 with two 14 day sensors. Couldn't tell without proceeding to checkout and signing up, whether it was with VAT or not. If they take VAT off that, then it could be well worth the money for a month. Especially for @Bluetit1802 to find out where her highs are creeping in from.
It said that you just have to make sure to scan at periods of no more than 8 hours.
Which I was thinking would enable @Bluetit1802 to just eat normally to her regime for a month while finding out what was happening.
Which would mean less worry, more sleep and very detailed information.
I know what you mean about the obsession though.
I have to go to that level to understand anything, let alone retain it, with this TBI.
:happy:
It's a balance thing definitely.

I have similar dilemma in that I rarely seen anything on my meter (not matter when I test) over 5.2, yet my HbA1c is (32) 5.1%. I have done a couple of 24 hour, hourly test runs, with nothing meaningful, so I've persuaded myself not to stress over it.

Mainly.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
4.5 this morning. And just got my hba1c result which was 37. I think this a good result as my last was 44 (Feb 14). All other bloods are normal no action - love it when they say that! Will be celebrating with a weekend of carbohydrate indulgence..... just kidding, I have found much more sensible ways to indulge these days, and actually, I quite prefer them too!

Reactions: 14 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning. And just got my hba1c result which was 37. I think this a good result as my last was 44 (Feb 14). All other bloods are normal no action - love it when they say that! Will be celebrating with a weekend of carbohydrate indulgence..... just kidding, I have found much more sensible ways to indulge these days, and actually, I quite prefer them too!

Excellent news Tweetypie, your hard work has paid off and brought you down to non-diabetic levels. Good news also about your other blood results.

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
well done Tweetypie- I can't type that without singing I tawt I taw a puddytat in my head. Just as wel it's only in my head.

Reactions: 7 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
well done Tweetypie- I can't type that without singing I tawt I taw a puddytat in my head. Just as wel it's only in my head.
I bet you did sing it out loud - you did. you did, you did!

Reactions: 2 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all 4.5
First day back at work not a hundred percent but getting there.

Reactions: 9 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4,7 this morning.

As I am about to ride my bike for 2km to the tennis club for an hour's lesson and back, I decide to have a lovely Granny Smith apple first.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1413607353.371619.jpg

I have developed this rule, just now :), that I can have a fruit before my morning exercise if under 5 on wake up.

Have a great day.

Pavlos

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Alleluia! Back in the 6's this morning after a bumpy few weeks.
After mostly 5's during the day yesterday and a 6.3 at bedtime, this morning I am 6.2.
Absolutely no rhyme or reason to this and no changes in my diet or routine.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can almost predict BG after eating a meal, fasting BG can sometimes be like pulling a number out of a hat

Reactions: 5 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spot on 5 at 7.45am when fully awake, was 4.7 at 6am when first opened my eyes but didn't get up due to midday start again today, had gone to bed on 5.1 last night

Reactions: 10 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After waking up at 4,7 I had one apple for breakfast, rode my bike to the tennis club, played tennis for an hour and rode the bike the long way back home; 10 km bike ride in total.

Two hours after my morning count I am now at 5,3

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1413615385.077595.jpg

Pavlos

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.0 this am the levels appear to have risen over the last week am unsure why but going up daily....weird

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

Thankyou. Id got my daytime readings down so well with diet and Met. But I couldn't drop my fasting which rose and rose shortly after 3am so my dn suggested Forgazia too. And I never imagined it would work so well in just 3 days
She said once my body was used to running on lower levels I'll be able to stop it.. the support I've had on here is amazing and I'm very happy on low carbing :)

Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.