Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast black pudding, mushrooms, bacon
lunch bacon and cheese frittata, salad
dinner chicken, chorizo and chickpea stew , green beans, broccoli
snack soya latte, slice ham
Also had to have a sq dark chocolate at 3pm because I started shaking and was so cold- tested and 3.7 so suspect I was starting to go hypo. Beginning to wonder if some of the things I've put down to panic attacks are not actually just low blood sugars.

Yes! I genuinely thought I was an emotionally wrecked, binge eating f*ck up until I started low carbing.
Turned out it was the cycle of high/low BGs guilt, shame, etc.
They all melted away like magic.
Turns out I might be sane.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Crikey. Hope you are feeling better now, Ethyl.
Still a bit shaky but it's hard to tell if that's sugars or just my usual anxiety. I think that they probably feed off one another. Going to keep an eye as having lost 31/2st since May, I maybe don't need so much Metformin ( on 3 a day - supposed to go onto 4 but I haven't made it to that )

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Still a bit shaky but it's hard to tell if that's sugars or just my usual anxiety. I think that they probably feed off one another. Going to keep an eye as having lost 31/2st since May, I maybe don't need so much Metformin ( on 3 a day - supposed to go onto 4 but I haven't made it to that )
Would be good if there was a wee magic switch in your head that made your go-to thought be "I feel bad because of my sugars" rather than going to your panicky place. Be gentle with yourself today. I always feel ropey the day after a panic :) X

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Would be good if there was a wee magic switch in your head that made your go-to thought be "I feel bad because of my sugars" rather than going to your panicky place. Be gentle with yourself today. I always feel ropey the day after a panic :) X

Thanks. Woke up with a fasting of 7 which is unheard of since months ago so going to just try and be kind to myself as I'm either restating to flu jab or on rebound from yesterday's low.

kingshussar

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Despise reality TV, cheap rubbish, X factor= pins in eyes!! Grey skies-cold-rain.
Victor is alive and well inside my head.
Brekkie; 2 Cumberland sausages, 2 medium fried eggs and Portabello mushrooms I bought from a local cooperative health food store.
Lunch: homemade salad with olives, feta, etc + 2 thin slices 0f Ham.
Dinner (in planning stage) : chicken curry with cauli rice.

Made some really nice and crispy biscuits out of almond flour, sour cream, chives and I added some Parmesan (1tbls). Absolutely brill, very pleased with outcome. Got recipe from http://www.lowcarbsosimple.com/sour-cream-and-chive-crackers/ :D

kingshussar

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Despise reality TV, cheap rubbish, X factor= pins in eyes!! Grey skies-cold-rain.
What can I make with coconut flour i.e bisqwits bread substitute maybe. Bought the flour at the same storehttp://www.unicorn-grocery.coop/ Highly recommended, Awsome.

alliebee

Breakfast scrambled eggs with knob of butter and a chopped up tomato
Lunch celery sticks with peanut butter and philly. Yum and a small salad not v hungry
Dinner is roast chicken breast with buttered cabbage. Buttered leeks n cauli. Love butter
Also lost 2 more pounds this week...
Gramd total of 1 stone 5 lbs in nine weeks. Result! Half a stone to go..

Reactions: 9 people

kingshussar

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast scrambled eggs with knob of butter and a chopped up tomato
Lunch celery sticks with peanut butter and philly. Yum and a small salad not v hungry
Dinner is roast chicken breast with buttered cabbage. Buttered leeks n cauli. Love butter
Also lost 2 more pounds this week...
Gramd total of 1 stone 5 lbs in nine weeks. Result! Half a stone to go..
Well done Allibee, into my second week now, lost 1/2 stone as of Sunday just gone, still always famished.

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

Hey well done you! I found my excessive hunger was actually carb cravings..after the fourth week they just went...was really strange. I found I didn't need snacks and no longer had that nibbly feeling you get in the evening even after a decent meal...carbs can be very addictive I've found

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was addicted to sugar. Bad withdrawal when I went low carb and still get cravings.

alliebee

Horrid isn't it. I was addicted to carbs. In the bad old days I baked lots of bread..its the one thing I miss..but eating so much of it got me in this mess...I'm lucky I've lost a stone and a half nearly now and just 7 lbs to go now. I'm really enjoying low carbing.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B sausages egg bacon & mushrooms
L stir fried vegetables with garlic and dash of oyster sauce
D stir fried beef & black pepper
Nut ball

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seems exercise, is the key to lower BS reading after meals.

Attachments

• 1414008925442.jpg
    1414008925442.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 169

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
smoked salmon pate fro brekkie - basically smoked salmon with cream cheese, and a creamy coffee
carvery lunch - beef, broccoli, cauliflower cheese, a few peas, one disappointing roastie, the crispiest and most translucent (and smallest) there
9bar
dinner - moussaka, followed by a Rooibosh chai. hmm. not sure about the chai.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast black pudding, rasher bacon, poached egg , mushrooms
Lunch ham and veg souo from deli
Dinner lamb chops, mushrooms, gren beans
Snack slice ham, 3 sq dark chocolate

kingshussar

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B sausages egg bacon & mushrooms
L stir fried vegetables with garlic and dash of oyster sauce
D stir fried beef & black pepper
Nut ball
"What's a Nut ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.