FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My first sensor failed :arghh:

I followed all instructions really carefully and when I pushed down inserter I felt the needle slightly. Not painful just felt it. Pulled inserter off and sensor was still inside - not on me. Gutted. Abbott are replacing it but I'm nervous about trying other one now. I pushed down hard too.
I removed the applicator very carefully as I felt that it was pulling on the sensor a bit. Glad Abbott are sorting you out.

Reactions: 2 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How often are people scanning? I'm having to sit on my hands to stop myself!

The latest scan/BG test wasn't so good as the first. Accuchek Mobile says 9.2, Libre says 6.2 and stable. I'm inclined to believe the Mobile as only 25 minutes before, the Libre was reading 7.4 and rising quickly. So jury's out at the moment.

Smidge

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
I'm at 6.8 expert says 5.9

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine are mostly high 5s low 6s.

I can't stop scanning either ;)

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
That's like 3 in an hour so far lol is this the new OCD

Reactions: 8 people

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Well I'm still getting readings of around 5.0 via a blood test and around 2.5 using the Libre :meh:
I've been in contact with Abbott and they're sending me a replacement sensor :happy:

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I'm still getting readings of around 5.0 via a blood test and around 2.5 using the Libre :meh:
I've been in contact with Abbott and they're sending me a replacement sensor :happy:
leave the sensor in, from what I saw, they take a day to settle in, but maybe not that much

upload_2014-10-23_2-37-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
leave the sensor in, from what I saw, they take a day to settle in, but maybe not that much
Yep - the Abbott rep said to leave it in until I get the new sensor they are sending me as it may be a slow starter and will gradually give readings more in tune with finger prick readings. Hope it does as I'll have an extra sensor to use - it's up to 2.8 at the moment.

Reactions: 4 people

supp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm in the 60min countdown. Application of the sensor was painless, however I'm getting some pulling pains when I move and my arm feels a bit numb.. Anyone else have any discomfort? It's right where it's recommended.. Top of tricep muscle

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mines waiting at home and my flipping bus is LATE LATE LATE!!! Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhhh

Reactions: 3 people

supp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mines waiting at home and my flipping bus is LATE LATE LATE!!! Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhhh

Well lemme know if it hurts or you feel any discomfort. I'm guessing I've hit a nerve or its in a muscle

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe contact them, they might send you a replacement?

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm in the 60min countdown. Application of the sensor was painless, however I'm getting some pulling pains when I move and my arm feels a bit numb.. Anyone else have any discomfort? It's right where it's recommended.. Top of tricep muscle
Doubt it would be in the muscle as the needle is only 5mm long - unless you have really thin arms that is. Probably hit a nerve which should clear up shortly.

supp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Doubt it would be in the muscle as the needle is only 5mm long - unless you have really thin arms that is. Probably hit a nerve which should clear up shortly.

Well I've done a few push ups as a test and it didn't hurt. But often get a shooting/stabbing pain around where it's placed

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If it's still troubling you in the morning give Abbott a ring. It will be interesting to find out if Abbott have a contingency plan in place for this.

Does anyone know what would happen in the case of a CGM sensor - can they be re-sited or do they need to be replaced and if so, at whose cost?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Cgm sensor had to be replaced.

Low readings compared to pump meter were a problem with me constantly with their cgm. I was told i was the only one that had these probs. I wasn't. The other chap at same hospital as me also had same problems but couldn't be bothered to report the low readings compared to bloods on a meter. My hospital stopped using abbot cgms.

If any person is getting low readings using the libre compared to meters you need to inform Abbott...

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm home, it's in. Had to get someone else to push it in for me though as I'm a wimp, but it didn't hurt. I'm aware of it but I think it's psychological!

How exciting. I'm glad we're all in it together

Reactions: 4 people

supp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine defiantly hit a nerve. Gonna give it a day or so.. But gonna have to take it off if I keep getting these shooting pains :( it's like I all of a sudden get jabbed with a pin and the pain shoots through my arm. Already emailed Abbott to see if it's normal.

Also, my touch screen is a bit unresponsive.. Mainly on the Up arrows when navigating. Anyone else have that problem?

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Mine defiantly hit a nerve. Gonna give it a day or so.. But gonna have to take it off if I keep getting these shooting pains :( it's like I all of a sudden get jabbed with a pin and the pain shoots through my arm. Already emailed Abbott to see if it's normal.

Also, my touch screen is a bit unresponsive.. Mainly on the Up arrows when navigating. Anyone else have that problem?
I have the sensitivity in screen problem somethings taking 4 and 5 presses