FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
If the sensor can't be trusted on the first day then it'll be a strip day for me.

Your levels listed above in other post were very, very low.

The CGM instructions were NOT to calibrate when you were low or experiencing levels changing rapidly.

Did you do any other blood tests in those hours listed?

My concern is that if the libres are showing low levels they are never going to be accepted by the dvla or the nhs even if one patient out of 20 repoets levels of 2 -3 all day.

I had real probs talking to my consultant initially about the lows onthe cgm, because she was believing the cgm and not me... There is absolutely no way I would be able to share my data with a libre to my consultant with those levels that you have listed. She would go back to questioning hypo awareness and threatening my driving licence.

Reactions: 4 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been quite happy with my readings today - quite close to test strips once it got going.

Libre-Day 1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I bought a phone sock for mine.

Keep getting tempted to put the sensor on tonight but had already decided I would start on Saturday morning, as I will always be at home on a Saturday morning so no problems on change over days.... It's hard to resist though!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I wish you' said that earlier - mine's going to expire in the middle of a working day now! Brilliant planning on my part LOL

Smidge

Reactions: 2 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Those having trouble with the touch screen, there is a display test you can run through under the settings section.

Smidge

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Someone mentioned on facebook that dehydration can affect cgm readings and possibly the libre. Anyone heard of this?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Still sitting on the fence as to whether to purchase one or not, would love to see a poll conducted after a month and see how everyone rates the LIBRE.

Reactions: 5 people

supp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If it's still troubling you in the morning give Abbott a ring. It will be interesting to find out if Abbott have a contingency plan in place for this.

Does anyone know what would happen in the case of a CGM sensor - can they be re-sited or do they need to be replaced and if so, at whose cost?

It's still giving me stabbing pains. My whole arm is slightly numb now. Not the best experience.

I've emailed Abbott.. I'll keep you posted on what happens in this instance.

Is anyone else having any problems with theirs?

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just finished reading the manual. You can't wear it if having an MRI, CT scan or x-Ray. My ankle is being re-x-rayed on Tuesday so I have to wait until then before I can start using mine!!!! Although, the manual says just take it off and put a new one on afterwards. Do they think we are all made of money? Lol

Reactions: 4 people

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am not having any pain at all and did not feel any pain on insertion. It's a costly thing to remove from your arm but if you are getting shooting pains and your arm is numb my bet is to remove it :(

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Someone mentioned on facebook that dehydration can affect cgm readings and possibly the libre. Anyone heard of this?

The manual for the libre states that dehydration can affect readings....doesn't give info on how dehydrated though!

Reactions: 3 people

supp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am not having any pain at all and did not feel any pain on insertion. It's a costly thing to remove from your arm but if you are getting shooting pains and your arm is numb my bet is to remove it :(

I'll give it a day or so and wait for Abbotts reply I guess :/

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
mate, if you have hit a nerve with it,,,take it out and pucker the skin like you do with an injection next time.
they will send a replacement sensor, PR is very important for the launch

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just did my fasting test. Still tracking exactly 2mmol behind blood test. Not cool

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is around 1mmol/l out currently. It has a 10 minute lag time especially if glucose is changing rapidly. The libre is tracking interstitial glucose whereas finger pricks are testing blood glucose.

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Well, I was hoping my sensor would settle down over night and.................it's dead :hungover:

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
after one night? Get on the phone to Abbott that's shocking