Lunch @ 12.00
Some chocs @ 14.00
Started on the Mongo @ 18.00
flagged a little
then back on it @ 20.00

How did I do? :joyful:
Haha good guess but:
Lunch at 11.00, sandwich
Still high at 14.00 so injected 2 units.
Massive global meeting at 15.00, nearly hypo'd so had coke.
Then dipped. Then u r pretty much right about the beer, I did inject have a unit because the first beer I had was 20% banana juice (nicer than it sounds)

:)

darrenh04

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My replacement took about two weeks and I chased them after one. They showed as an order on my account and it only appeared after I chase so think they forgot. I also received an email when the order for the replacement came on to the account.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My second sensor is sounding a little like this. My libre is reading consistently higher than blood testing (2-3mmol/l) even when the arrow is a steady one not a rapid increase/decline. Shame as my first sensor was much better and from the same batch.
How much info do they want over the phone? I don't finger prick with the libre I use a contour next.

They need the detail of what's happening and how long it's been like it i.e. since the new sensor was put on or has the performance deteriorated. They need you to confirm that the sensor is properly located on your arm and that it isn't loose. They need the levels you are getting on the reader and the comparison to a blood test (they accepted my Mobile BG tester, but I was able to tell them that it and the built-in BG tester reads about the same) and they might need you to point out that it isn't the 10 minute lag causing the issue as the arrow is horizontal (i.e. not changing fast enough to catch up with the tester). They will also need the reader and sensor serial numbers - both can be found in the System Info menu of Settings on the reader. That's about it. The exact questions seem to depend on the competence or otherwise of the Abbotts person you are speaking with.

Smidge

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As an example of the issues I've had with both sensors:

6.30am - Libre 5.9 horizontal arrow, Mobile 5.7 - great!
8.26am - Libre 11.6 horizontal arrow, Mobile 8.8 - v. bad (I would correct an 11.6 but not an 8.8)!
9.55am - Libre 5.3 no arrow at all, Mobile 3.9 - not great (Mobile heading into hypo territory, Libre safe levels and no idea where BG is heading).

With this snapshot of results, even the patterns and trends are not really accurate enough to act on. It is this lack of consistency that I'm finding the most frustrating as it means I cannot trust the scan even to give an indication without a confirmatory BG test. This has been the same with both sensors. I'll give another sensor a try in a few days and if that also gives inconsistent results, I'll be insisting that Abbotts escalate my case to someone more senior there to try to get some answers as to what is going on rather than just replacing sensors. I would have thought if they have released suspect sensors, they should have issued a recall notice. If there is a variance between BG and IF in some people, then this needs to be clear, but I'm thinking this is less likely given the different accuracy @robert72 has had between his first and second sensor.

Smidge

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They need the detail of what's happening and how long it's been like it i.e. since the new sensor was put on or has the performance deteriorated. They need you to confirm that the sensor is properly located on your arm and that it isn't loose. They need the levels you are getting on the reader and the comparison to a blood test (they accepted my Mobile BG tester, but I was able to tell them that it and the built-in BG tester reads about the same) and they might need you to point out that it isn't the 10 minute lag causing the issue as the arrow is horizontal (i.e. not changing fast enough to catch up with the tester). They will also need the reader and sensor serial numbers - both can be found in the System Info menu of Settings on the reader. That's about it. The exact questions seem to depend on the competence or otherwise of the Abbotts person you are speaking with.

Smidge

Haha yeah I had NONE of those questions. Didn't care where it was on my body or how stuck/loose it was. Just asked for the error message, of which there was none, and the serial number of reader and sensor. Clearly my guy couldn't be bothered to interrogate me lol

Reactions: 2 people

igmr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I 'phoned Abbott this morning as my second sensor had all but fallen off after 4 days. It's sort of hanging in there with the help of a load of Germolene New skin and an arm band but it won't last the day let alone overnight. If nothing else it feels prickly, I guess the sensor filament is moving a bit.

Scan data is as accurate as ever still - informative as to where my levels have been but not for bolus calculation. Invaluable for overnight patterns.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
image.jpg

Hello.
Interesting reads today. I hypo'd overnight again after already reduced my basal by 30%! So I had lucazade in the middle of the night which is why it starts at 6.

I had porridge for breakfast with 1.5 units humalog. Then I only had 10 carbs for lunch so didn't inject. First day in ages I've stayed in the blue line. But why does my BG drop even high I haven't had insulin since 8am?

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 8165
Hello.
Interesting reads today. I hypo'd overnight again after already reduced my basal by 30%! So I had lucazade in the middle of the night which is why it starts at 6.

I had porridge for breakfast with 1.5 units humalog. Then I only had 10 carbs for lunch so didn't inject. First day in ages I've stayed in the blue line. But why does my BG drop even high I haven't had insulin since 8am?

It would suggest that your basal is still too high

Reactions: 3 people

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
Hello,

After all you cutting edge adopters have paved the way I ordered one of these today.

Is there any additional bits and pieces I need to get before it arrives; like tape to keep it on?

Any general advice?

Thanks!

Best

Dillinger

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

After all you cutting edge adopters have paved the way I ordered one of these today.

Is there any additional bits and pieces I need to get before it arrives; like tape to keep it on?

Any general advice?

Thanks!

Best

Dillinger

First sensor I panicked when the outter "skirt" didn't stick so I covered it with opsite. Upon removal I discovered the centre was well and truly stuck actually! This time around I've gone tape free and so far so good. I haven't tried the gym with it yet though, I felt more confident in the gym knowing the opsite was there

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
First sensor I panicked when the outter "skirt" didn't stick so I covered it with opsite. Upon removal I discovered the centre was well and truly stuck actually! This time around I've gone tape free and so far so good. I haven't tried the gym with it yet though, I felt more confident in the gym knowing the opsite was there

I used opsite on my last sensor from day 7 as the "skirt" came undone first and then the actual disk started to lift slightly at one side. Left the opsite on the remaining 7 days and all stayed in place/functional. So far my second sensor has remained in place but is unfortunately much less accurate than my first. I have spoken to Abbott and will have a replacement within "3 days".

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used opsite on my last sensor from day 7 as the "skirt" came undone first and then the actual disk started to lift slightly at one side. Left the opsite on the remaining 7 days and all stayed in place/functional. So far my second sensor has remained in place but is unfortunately much less accurate than my first. I have spoken to Abbott and will have a replacement within "3 days".

My first sensor failed on day 11 and so replacement has been dispatched :)

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

Any general advice?

Thanks!

Best

Dillinger

In no particular order:

1. Put Abbotts customer support number in your phone, report any issues - they do replace sensors that are inaccurate, come unstuck etc.
2. Record your basal, bolus and carbs from the outset. In my impatience to get started, I didn't record that information to start with and i started to introduce it gradually - which messes up your graphs and averages a bit. Which is fine for me because I know what I did, but it would be a nightmare to share with DSNs. If I could turn back the clock, I'd put them in from the off.
3. Put your first sensor on at a convenient time. I put mine on in the middle of a working day, so now it runs out in the middle of a working day.
4. Don't look into the applicator - unless you don't mind big needles.
5. Don't walk into door frames - unless you want an easy way to remove your sensor.
6. Put aside some time for looking at the data you download to your PC - it is incredible the first few times you see what your BG has been up to overnight.
7. Put a tubigrip or something on to protect the sensor if you are going to have kids climbing over you.
8. Enjoy - but be prepared to become a little obsessed!

Smidge

Reactions: 5 people

igmr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Do they email you to let you know it had been dispatched? I haven't had any communication yet

About 24hrs after you have received it in my experience. Log on to your account and it will give you a status and tracking number.

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So now after reporting an inaccurate sensor this morning I now have an hours gap in my graph for today with no logical explanation. Spoke to Abbott again and they have said it could be the faulty sensor or the reader.... Has anyone else experienced this problem?