stop diabetes two stigma and find a cure instead of blaming us for being sick

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just thought of another example .a famous person who was into competitive sport so was eating very healthy all her life and exercising a lot. After this she became a top model and so again she ate healthy and exercised. Then suddenly she started putting on weight for no reason.

Long story short she finally found out why and was diagnosed with diabetes 2

This diagnosis despite heathy eating and exercising all her life

So stop thinking that healthy eating and exercising is a guarantee of good health because it obviously is not
I am one of those that got diagnosed in time, weight, healthy eating etc; was not in anyway a issue,
However every where I go or Google etc; I am told about weight loosing diets to help my diabetes, (drives me nuts)
I still have to control my diabetes, I don't get the kind of silly comments that Doctors etc; throw at many type2 patients.
I can feel your annoyance with the system and I know where your coming from.
However @catherinecherub is correct with regards to blood pressure and stress levels etc; not helping your overall health.

aimee11

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have low blood pressure lol

Stress levels? I am happy actually an d take great joy in the love I get from my 21 month old twins so I would not swap my life with anyone else's

I have given up stressing over this disease and am just focusing on living long enough to become a great grandmother to my sons grandchildren

Now that is a great ambition!!!! As I am waaaaaay over the hill already lol

You are quite right though that some day the research will reveal things we do not know right now and maybe then a cure will be possible.

Reactions: 2 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have low blood pressure lol

Stress levels? I am happy actually an d take great joy in the love I get from my 21 month old twins so I would not swap my life with anyone else's

I have given up stressing over this disease and am just focusing on living long enough to become a great grandmother to my sons grandchildren

Now that is a great ambition!!!! As I am waaaaaay over the hill already lol

You are quite right though that some day the research will reveal things we do not know right now and maybe then a cure will be possible.
I am so stupid. I thought it was @catherinecherub that had the twin boys. ( I must learn to read properly)
@aimee11 Twins are the greatest joy of all, they grow up to be kind and caring. One looks after the other and vice versa., but most of all they will always look after their Mum.
I should know cause I am a Twin.