1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

stop diabetes two stigma and find a cure instead of blaming us for being sick

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by aimee11, Nov 10, 2014.

1. izzzi

izzzi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I am one of those that got diagnosed in time, weight, healthy eating etc; was not in anyway a issue,
    However every where I go or Google etc; I am told about weight loosing diets to help my diabetes, (drives me nuts)
    I still have to control my diabetes, I don't get the kind of silly comments that Doctors etc; throw at many type2 patients.
    I can feel your annoyance with the system and I know where your coming from.
    However @catherinecherub is correct with regards to blood pressure and stress levels etc; not helping your overall health.

2. aimee11

aimee11 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have low blood pressure lol

Stress levels? I am happy actually an d take great joy in the love I get from my 21 month old twins so I would not swap my life with anyone else's

I have given up stressing over this disease and am just focusing on living long enough to become a great grandmother to my sons grandchildren

Now that is a great ambition!!!! As I am waaaaaay over the hill already lol

You are quite right though that some day the research will reveal things we do not know right now and maybe then a cure will be possible.

• Like Like x 2
  3. izzzi

izzzi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I am so stupid. I thought it was @catherinecherub that had the twin boys. ( I must learn to read properly)
    @aimee11 Twins are the greatest joy of all, they grow up to be kind and caring. One looks after the other and vice versa., but most of all they will always look after their Mum.
    I should know cause I am a Twin.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook