FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

igmr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm getting increasingly disappointed with the libre. That's two sensors stopped working now, waiting delivery of more but what is point if I can't rely on them? The meter itself goes off if I try to use a test strip then after about three attempts works but resets the clock on the meter by 12 hours, loses the previous twelve hours of information and makes the graphs unreliable. The touch screen works when it feels like it. In short, nothing works the way it should.
They are sending me a new meter but I'm dubious about the whole system after all the malfunctions.

My reader is a little flaky, not as bad as yours but erratic, loses data and I have now had 2 out of 3 sensors fail (sensor 2 fell off, sensor 3 tells m I'm not diabetic).

It looks to me like Abbot have cut every corner possible in the production of these devices. A great idea over hyped by marketing and reduced to second rate by the accountants.

This morning I phoned the number Abbot give on their Libre site, to ask why my current sensor is telling me I have been in permanent hypo since I slapped it on (finger pricks on the reader say very different). The lady told me that she could sell me product but not provide support.

Oh well, nice idea, I was absolutely in favour of the Libre a few days ago but 2 failed sensors, a poor quality reader and sales prioritised over support is rapidly changing my mind. I certainly cannot take current sensor results to my diabetic clinic and I cannot recommend the system to anyone..

Reactions: 2 people

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
I recieved a replacement starter pack yesterday.
I've just started the 1st sensor (actually my 4th) after having inserted it 24 hours ago - lets see if priming it makes any difference.
45 minutes to go.
oEO7e31.jpg

jagger38

Started wearing mine today, and I'm not impressed either. There is quite a difference between what the reader is saying, and what my blood glucose metre is reading. I dont think its working properly. I tried calling their helpline, but they are shut at weekends. I have sent them a email, and will call again on Monday. Not a great start......

igmr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sort of getting a handle on this now, I'd be happy to be corrected by anyone who knows better. Ignoring the wild differences when my levels are rapidly changing, my first sensor ran low and slow - 1mmol low and 20 minutes late. My second sensor did the same but was 2mmol low and about an hour slow before it fell off.

This sensor is about 4mmol low and at least 2 hours slow - useless for anything really. It is however well stuck on so it can stay a while.

I'm starting to think the sensors are very sensitive to where you stick them in and I just got lucky with the first one.

I like the idea of leaving a sensor in for 24hrs to "acclimatise" and I am also wondering whether to experiment with a location other than my arm. Abdomen maybe? I have one spare sensor but this is getting way too expensive.

I'm starting to think we need a calibration feature in the reader - let the sensor settle for 24 hours then use finger prick values to give it a clue. As is, I'm adding 3mmol to any scan value I get with this sensor. Problem is it appears to be slower than Novorapid - a dose will have been and gone before the sensor records it - so no way of calibrating for that.

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh well - it looks as though a 24 hour prime made naff all difference.
Blood glucose = 4.1 (contour next), 3.9 (libre) vs Scanner = 'LO'

igmr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh well - it looks as though a 24 hour prime made naff all difference.
Blood glucose = 4.1 (contour next), 3.9 (libre) vs Scanner = 'LO'

My libre BG always showed 1mmol lower than from my contour next. Maybe the libre is just an Abbot ploy to wean us off Contours onto Libre / Neo sticks. My GP will not be amused when I swap back.

I am starting to get a bit peeved at having paid Abbott a lot of money to field test their technology.

redrevis

Well it's looks like they've really got low on stock now. This is the message you get if you try to sign up as a new customer:
Due to current high demand for our product, we can only take orders from existing customers at the present time. If you are new to FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System, unfortunately you will be unable to place an order until early 2015.

Please register your email address here to be alerted when product becomes available.

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I recieved a replacement starter pack yesterday.
I've just started the 1st sensor (actually my 4th) after having inserted it 24 hours ago - lets see if priming it makes any difference.
45 minutes to go.
oEO7e31.jpg
Login, can people like you and me with beautiful but totally fanciful numbers on the Libre use the averages by tweaking them? I'm thinking of the average daily glucose levels on the weekly summary charts.

Mine say average daily glucose consistently 5.1, 5.2. If only. But both sensors have settled down at 1.2 to 1.5 below the Libre fingerstick numbers (which are consistent and match my Contour XT).

So (totally pathetic maths question here), um, if I add 1.2 to 1.5 to the supposed daily averages, would that be about right? Or can't you do that with averages? Nobody shout at me please.

Lucy

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well it's looks like they've really got low on stock now. This is the message you get if you try to sign up as a new customer:
Oh no. Not good news for those that wanted them for Christmas.

How's ur 2nd sensor doing?

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Login, can people like you and me with beautiful but totally fanciful numbers on the Libre use the averages by tweaking them? I'm thinking of the average daily glucose levels on the weekly summary charts.

Mine say average daily glucose consistently 5.1, 5.2. If only. But both sensors have settled down at 1.2 to 1.5 below the Libre fingerstick numbers (which are consistent and match my Contour XT).

So (totally pathetic maths question here), um, if I add 1.2 to 1.5 to the supposed daily averages, would that be about right? Or can't you do that with averages? Nobody shout at me please.

Lucy
Yes - as long as the difference is relatively consistent.

redrevis

How's ur 2nd sensor doing?

Inserted my second one on Wednesday night and this time it was quite painful on insertion. My arm was throbbing for about 10mins after. From there I was getting sharp stabbing pains on moving my arm. Throughout that night I kept being woken up by sharp stabbing pains. I was hoping by Thursday morning it would have settled. It's settled slightly, the pain has eased a bit, but still got these sharp stabbing pains if I moved my arm in a certain way. I put up with it for about 24hrs, then gave in and phoned Abbott, who said it sounds like it has interfered with the muscle, so told me to take it out and they'd send me a replacement. So I'm sensorless until my replacement arrives :(

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh dear :(

I wonder if they've run low on stock because of all the replacements they're sending out

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Regarding Abbott not being able to take on new customers until 2015.
I doubt it has anything to do with being able to produce the number of sensors/readers required - I suspect that they are finding far more people than expected are complaining that the system is not accurate and/or reliable - back to the drawing board while they work out what to do about their current customers/guinea pigs :rolleyes:

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Mmm, none of this is sounding good is it? Still haven't heard from them regarding the replacement for my second sensor that they promised on Tuesday - it's not on my account, so I guess I need to call them again on Monday to remind them to process it.

Mine still reads at best 1.2mmol higher than the Mobile and at worst anything up to 4mmol difference in whichever direction it fancies. The last couple of days, I've spent more time looking for the pattern in when it reads high, low or about right than I have looking for the pattern in my BG LOL.

This sensor runs out on Tuesday, so I'll put a third one on then. If there is no significant improvement, I'll try to escalate at Abbotts for a response to what they think is going on. If still no joy I'll get them to replace the reader.

Could you all please look in the settings on your readers and check the Event Log? Scroll down and see what the first event in the reader is. I have three from 11 August at around 10.30 (10:23 - 47; 10:28 - 49; 10:28 - Er0 2001). There are also two from 20 August (11:17 - 49; 11:17 Er0 2001). Nothing else until 22 October which is when I received it and activated my first sensor. So, my question, do you all have the same i.e. events from before you owned the system?? I'm guessing that these might be software/firmware updates while they were still testing, but I'm wondering if some of the problems some of us are having are related to early issues with the readers rather than the sensors? Or maybe, the readers are reconditioned from trials? Anyone got any insight into any of this? Anyone got a list of error and event codes from Abbott or anything?

Smidge

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could you all please look in the settings on your readers and check the Event Log? Scroll down and see what the first event in the reader is. I have three from 11 August at around 10.30 (10:23 - 47; 10:28 - 49; 10:28 - Er0 2001). There are also two from 20 August (11:17 - 49; 11:17 Er0 2001). Nothing else until 22 October which is when I received it and activated my first sensor. So, my question, do you all have the same i.e. events from before you owned the system?? I'm guessing that these might be software/firmware updates while they were still testing, but I'm wondering if some of the problems some of us are having are related to early issues with the readers rather than the sensors? Or maybe, the readers are reconditioned from trials? Anyone got any insight into any of this? Anyone got a list of error and event codes from Abbott or anything?

Smidge

Hi Smidge, I have those same error messages on the same dates as you (but different times)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
11-08-2014 - 10:12 - 47
11-08-2014 - 10:28 - 49
11-08-2014 - 10:28 - Er0 2001
20-08-2014 - 11:12 - 49
20-08-2014 - 11:12 - Er0 2001
21-10-2014 - 23:58 - 49
21-10-2014 - 23:59 - Er0 2001

I didn't get mine until the 22nd and it would have been in transit on 21st October :eek: Spooky

igmr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Regarding Abbott not being able to take on new customers until 2015.
I doubt it has anything to do with being able to produce the number of sensors/readers required - I suspect that they are finding far more people than expected are complaining that the system is not accurate and/or reliable - back to the drawing board while they work out what to do about their current customers/guinea pigs :rolleyes:

The "you can do it without lancets" was always going to bite them in the bum. You can't.

I would not be surprised if, when ramping up from trials production to volume production, a few gremlins have crept in. That happens far more often than you would think, usually the moment people think they can shave a penny or two off costs.

igmr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
11-08-2014 - 10:12 - 47
11-08-2014 - 10:28 - 49
11-08-2014 - 10:28 - Er0 2001
20-08-2014 - 11:12 - 49
20-08-2014 - 11:12 - Er0 2001
21-10-2014 - 23:58 - 49
21-10-2014 - 23:59 - Er0 2001

I didn't get mine until the 22nd and it would have been in transit on 21st October :eek: Spooky
I've got similar

I've got the same for 11/08 and 20/08 then several pages worth from 24/10 onward, when I got it.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wonder if there is stuff uploaded to the meter from Abbott when it's connected to PC

Or they were using my package as a football at the DPD depot ;)