Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
thank you
i,m having broccolli, cabbage, and mince
no doubt i will spike as i,m using up a small tin of mince that i have

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

Ally these tins of mince and stews you like are not doing you any favours at all. Have a look at the carb content on the tin at the back. They have loads in them. I wouldn't even eat it to use it up. If you used fresh mince you would get 3 or 4 meals out of it so it would work out cheaper too...I know you say you don't cook much. But mince is one of the easiest and tasty meals you can make. And maybe turn leftovers into a nice shepherds pie with cauli and swede mash on top with grated cheese then popped into the oven
If you know it will spike you then don't eat it else you will never get your levels down

Reactions: 7 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi ally

I had loads of canned soups and I threw them all as I knew I can't have them anymore. I hate throwing food off but I did not know what else I could do with them. I hope you understand everyone here is only trying to help you.

Reactions: 3 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i forgot to test before bed. fasting was 12.1

alliebee

Great numbers Ally. So much better
What are you having for tea tonight? I'm having fish baked in the oven with tomatoes and lemon

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i like the sound of creamy cheesy cabbage
i,m going to have fish and veg

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
its in batter but when cooked, i.,m going to take the batter off

Reactions: 4 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i like the sound of creamy cheesy cabbage
i,m going to have fish and veg

Hi Ally, I have a lot of fish and veg, from salmon, tuna which don't need batter but I have haddock & cod but I buy fresh from Tesco's. Then you can either grill it, do it in the microwave, or as I prefer, just shallow fried in the either Sunflower Oil, Olive oil or I have started using butter.

With all the fish I usually used to have Mushy peas or marrow fat, usually the whole tin, but now being diagnosed and testing I find this is what spikes me, so I now have either spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, courgette, pac choy, curly kale, small amount peas could have brussels now, oh and do have lots os swede with butter & pepper. I'll have 3 of these on the plate along with some Mayo. No spuds though. What will you be having as the veg?
Neil

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Neil

Is that all in one meal?
That's a lotta veg and its awesome.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Neil

Is that all in one meal?
That's a lotta veg and its awesome.
Hi brettsza, no, I did say towards the end of my post, that it would be a choice of just 3 of the veg listed, I'm a meat eater, not a veggie!
Neil

Reactions: 4 people