I give up!

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It has bean two moths since I am dizzy, urinate all the time lost 20 kg, blurry vision, confusion, light headed and many other bad things...

No matter what I eat makes it worse, for example 30g of brown rice spike my blood glucose to 180 mg/ml.

They say I have prediabetes because the glucose test after two hours was 189 mg/ml.

I don't know what to do anymore, lost my job, I am almost all the time in bed, I look like a zombie.

I have no idea how you guys can live with this curse. I am only 34 and I don't see any way out, right now I am hoping to end, literally I want to die, I can't be like this for 10 years to be q burden for my family.

Today a fried visited me and when he saw me he started to cry.

I apologize for my negativism but I without hope at this time :(

nancyb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tibi, it will be ok, don't give up. Have a look at what people on this forum advise about a low carbohydrate diet. The first week or two of eating this way is difficult but after that you will find it easier and your blood glucose will start to settle down. You need to stay calm and focus on learning how to eat differently. It is not a curse, it is a chance to improve your health.

Reactions: 2 people

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I strongly suggest you go see your doctor again since what you describe sounds A LOT like T1 being miss diagnosed as T2/prediabetes - weight loss in particular and polyuria should trigger alarm bells if you mention them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But I don't have glucose in my urine, I also made a c-peptide and insulin fasting test and they seam to be ok. C-peptide was about 1.6 , normal values (1 - 4) an insulin was 7 normal values (1 - 25), this tests were made in the morning after fasting.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree with the other posters. Sounds like Late onset T1 (LADA) to me and your reading after the 30gm of rice is diabetic. Do ask the doc for the two tests for LADA i.e. GAD for anti-bodies and c-peptide for insulin level. Also ask for an HBa1C test. It sounds like you should be on some tablet medication already such as diamicron etc and if shown to be LADA then longer-term it would be insulin. Many of us have gone down that route. I'm afraid the medics often aren't that knowledgeable with regard to diabetes. Your loss of weight and young age are strong pointers to LADA. Do seek another doc if necessary.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well your in the right place for advice .. I cannot eat 30g of rice without my sugar raising into double figures .. If you could give us a typical days food .. I could let you know if it would be too high in carbs for me .. We are all diffrent .. But share a similar ways for getting the blood sugars down ..are you on any med's?
The sudden weight loss is sounding like you are more like T1 than 2

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It has bean two moths since I am dizzy, urinate all the time lost 20 kg, blurry vision, confusion, light headed and many other bad things...

No matter what I eat makes it worse, for example 30g of brown rice spike my blood glucose to 180 mg/ml.

They say I have prediabetes because the glucose test after two hours was 189 mg/ml.

I don't know what to do anymore, lost my job, I am almost all the time in bed, I look like a zombie.

I have no idea how you guys can live with this curse. I am only 34 and I don't see any way out, right now I am hoping to end, literally I want to die, I can't be like this for 10 years to be q burden for my family.

Today a fried visited me and when he saw me he started to cry.

I apologize for my negativism but I without hope at this time :(
Hiya, I used to feel like giving up but then I found this site and read through all the wonderful information. I found that low carb has worked for me - and has brought my sugar levels down dramatically. It might be something to consider .. There is a great thread in the low carb diet section about what to eat. It could be worth a try. Good luck

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
20kg is a huge weightloss in such a short time.

I would recommend you list a days food here and also try to cut the carbs.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Tibi

I am only 32 mate so dont be harsh on yourself infact I feel the same at times like you, never liked sweets no family history of diabetes and still got it at such a young age but think about the kids who are even younger and have already got it, I always look upto them and say to myself if they can do it so can I, I got a small 10 month old kid and I want to do it for him and my family, as far as your diagnosis is concerned, I would go to doc and get a proper diagnosis done but for the mean time cut your carbs right down. it will help you.
Dont eat pasta rice flour or anything atleast till a final diagnosis, I lost a lot of weight too but I was defo T2, you will get to the bottom of it.
We are all here to help you

Reactions: 6 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Tibi

I am only 32 mate so dont be harsh on yourself infact I feel the same at times like you, never liked sweets no family history of diabetes and still got it at such a young age but think about the kids who are even younger and have already got it, I always look upto them and say to myself if they can do it so can I, I got a small 10 month old kid and I want to do it for him and my family, as far as your diagnosis is concerned, I would go to doc and get a proper diagnosis done but for the mean time cut your carbs right down. it will help you.
Dont eat pasta rice flour or anything atleast till a final diagnosis, I lost a lot of weight too but I was defo T2, you will get to the bottom of it.
We are all here to help you
That's intresting to hear about your weight loss and T2 ..

Cloudlesssky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can only agree with others - please go back to your doctor and see if you are T1.
Take care and keep posting.
Bee Gee

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't really eat much and so much stress going to all the hospitals and crazy doctors, probably this was a factor for losing the weight. I've eaten mostly meet and salads... and before that I was a raw vegan.

My biggest problem is the dizzy part, I love to do sport but because of the dizzy and light headed and blurred vision is almost impossible to do any sport or anything else. Basically I am in bed all day, after I eat I feel more dizzy and again in bed. I guess this is hell on earth, this is how I see it.

About T1 how is this possible if I still have insuline and cpeptide?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
What bmi are you?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Tibi,

I've been wondering how you are.

Sorry it isn't going well. Are you still in hospital, or have you gone home?
Did the antibiotics help reduce the urination?

What are you eating?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't really eat much and so much stress going to all the hospitals and crazy doctors, probably this was a factor for losing the weight. I've eaten mostly meet and salads... and before that I was a raw vegan.

My biggest problem is the dizzy part, I love to do sport but because of the dizzy and light headed and blurred vision is almost impossible to do any sport or anything else. Basically I am in bed all day, after I eat I feel more dizzy and again in bed. I guess this is hell on earth, this is how I see it.

About T1 how is this possible if I still have insuline and cpeptide?
Hi. Late onset T1 can come on at different rates so a LADA person can still have some insulin and hence c-peptide. Have you had a c-peptide check already?

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What bmi are you?

Now I have 80kg and 1.68 m. When I started to have problems I was 100kg, the doctor gave me so crapy diet with oats and bread, usual stuff. After a portion of milk with outs my glucose was 224mg/ml, so then I started to eat white meat and salads, but like I said in hospital I was very stressed and eat less then 1000 kalories a day. I think today I've eaten about 600 kalories.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Now I have 80kg and 1.68 m. When I started to have problems I was 100kg, the doctor gave me so crapy diet with oats and bread, usual stuff. After a portion of milk with outs my glucose was 224mg/ml, so then I started to eat white meat and salads, but like I said in hospital I was very stressed and eat less then 1000 kalories a day. I think today I've eaten about 600 kalories.

Eating so little could be a large part of the problem.
Are you getting enough salt?
Try drinking hot drinks made with salty stock cubes.
Try eating more, but make sure they are low carb foods. It is amazing the relief that comes when you are getting enough food.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. Late onset T1 can come on at different rates so a LADA person can still have some insulin and hence c-peptide. Have you had a c-peptide check already?

H
Hi Tibi,

I've been wondering how you are.

Sorry it isn't going well. Are you still in hospital, or have you gone home?
Did the antibiotics help reduce the urination?

What are you eating?

Hi. Yes now I have some intestinal infection from antibiotics.

I eat meats and salads under 1000 kkl per day sometimes less with all this tests.