FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whilst I have yet to have a sensor come unstuck, I usually wear a bit of TubiGrip over mine during the night in case it was put under some lateral force. I don't know if this helps but I'm sure it stops anything from catching under the edge of the sensor's adhesive disc.

Reactions: 2 people

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Btw had my clinic today and my hba1c matched my libres. The doc was very impressed

Reactions: 9 people

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Ok thanks guys! for this sensor it might be too late since I'd really like to clean the glue from my arm as i don't want an infection.

I just keep this one on with tape until tomorrow and try your tips on my third sensor.

Btw my first sensor came off on the last day, but in those 2 weeks I only went twice to the gym and also had therefore less showering.

Now with my new sensor, in the past week I went already 3 times to the gym, so I think it's really because of the sporting and showering..

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Same here! I miss it even in the hour between sensors! Now just got to rearrange my finances to support it full time!

I actually managed to save £100 per month for two years by changing my mortgage to a better deal, so that pays for the sensors! My previous mortgage deal had run out and I'd been too lazy to sort it out - worth seeing if there is anything you're overpaying on!

Smidge

Reactions: 5 people

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm really keen to purchase this - does anyone have any more specific info on when it will be available again? The website just says early 2015.

RheeseyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm really keen to purchase this - does anyone have any more specific info on when it will be available again? The website just says early 2015.
I emailed them last night, and they replied saying that it would be available to new customers in the first quarter of 2015. They also said to register on their site to be notified when it is back in stock (which I had already done)

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I emailed them last night, and they replied saying that it would be available to new customers in the first quarter of 2015. They also said to register on their site to be notified when it is back in stock (which I had already done)
I just saw a message from @robert72 in another thread saying feb?

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok thanks guys! for this sensor it might be too late since I'd really like to clean the glue from my arm as i don't want an infection.

I just keep this one on with tape until tomorrow and try your tips on my third sensor.

Btw my first sensor came off on the last day, but in those 2 weeks I only went twice to the gym and also had therefore less showering.

Now with my new sensor, in the past week I went already 3 times to the gym, so I think it's really because of the sporting and showering..
just a t2 guess but it may be more from perspiration and natural fats

Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Of course I wouldn't go to the gym without sweating, but Im not a big sweater normally;)

I think it's fair to conclude its hard to keep the sensor on for 14 days if you go to the gym more than once a week..

But hey, at least accuracy was perfect within 0,5 mmol with this sensor. Maybe abbot comes up with a sport-sensor;)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Of course I wouldn't go to the gym without sweating, but Im not a big sweater normally;)

I think it's fair to conclude its hard to keep the sensor on for 14 days if you go to the gym more than once a week..

But hey, at least accuracy was perfect within 0,5 mmol with this sensor. Maybe abbot comes up with a sport-sensor;)
I'm not sure I agree. I go to the gym three times a week and have had no problem with the sensor staying put. I wore one for an extra week to see how effective the stick was and it was still troublesome to remove.

I think personal physiology is far more important than people realise. I think I have sticky skin and you don't!

Reactions: 2 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
But they will only let you order two sensors at a time.

They've lost mine - ordered three weeks ago. The prospect of Christmas without my Libre is .. Incomplete. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am not from the UK, but If i were to know someone in the area, or go on vacation there can i pick up a libre and some patches just at the drug store like the other glucose meters? Of do i need to get it from a doctor or something ?

I really want one of these things, even if it wouldn't be sustainable, they seem cheap enough haha

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am not from the UK, but If i were to know someone in the area, or go on vacation there can i pick up a libre and some patches just at the drug store like the other glucose meters? Of do i need to get it from a doctor or something ?

I really want one of these things, even if it wouldn't be sustainable, they seem cheap enough haha
You can only order them from the Libre website - sadly, they are not taking new customers until early 2015

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You'd have to give a UK address and use PayPal, not a non-UK credit card. Then someone would have to post it to you.

This is not unknown, she says mysteriously. Tho when it goes wrong you're stuck.

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think i was looking at prices and it all seemed rather affordable, even if it was just to use for a month or two every now and again.. I would certainly use extra adhesive from what i have read detaching is the largest concern.

I think i may seriously look into finding a UK based friend who can post me one and some censors and i will paypal over the money haha

H

Hooked

Where abouts are you, is it not available in your country yet?