oh god peanut butter is lush dammmm where has that been all my life

Reactions: 2 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
am i right aswell as watching carbs u need to watch protein aswell ?

are burgers on own with no bun bad as its the only thing ive eat twice now with bit of onion and bs has gone higher

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
am i right aswell as watching carbs u need to watch protein aswell ?

are burgers on own with no bun bad as its the only thing ive eat twice now with bit of onion and bs has gone higher

Hi,

The general rule is to eat normal amounts of protein.
I wouldn't cut down on protein unless you were eating too much before starting LC. If you cut protein down, when dieting/changing eating style, whether low carb or low cal, you risk losing muscle mass instead of fat.

If the burgers were good quality, very high meat content, no added rusk or other crud, then they shouldn't be a problem. Ketchup has a large % of sugar.
Were the burgers homemade? (It's astonishingly easy to make them)
If bought, do you still have the packaging? That'll give you the carb content.
If they came from a burger chain, they'll have the nutrition listed on their website.

:)

Reactions: 4 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
from the butchers hun his a mate and told him my problem he said there all processed but no rusk and 99% beef 1% seasoning its gone up twice now yesterday and today to 9.4 yesterday and 8.4 today not a major problem but that burning sensation starts at about 8 to 8.5mmol ie doctor said that usely only happens when really high she said i must be more sensative ?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmm, they shouldn't have sent you too high...

What was your BG before eating?
And what else did you eat at the same time?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if the seasoning has monosodium glutamate in it. That always spikes me.

Unlikely, but worth asking. :)

Lemmonrose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im 37 male im overweight not from being lazy or eating to much but im over weight

ive been having reccurrent chest infections over the last 12 months since quitting smoking im also asthmatic and ive been on prednisalone steroids precribed by my gp witch ive took before being a lifetime asthmatic

the last few weeks ive been really ill feeling like im having a heart attack arms burning face burning aching feeling hungry after eating and so on ive been rushed to hospital 3 times this week all ecg and bloods are saying heart is good but got my bloods back from my gp the day after saying i have vitimin d and vitamin b9 and b12 deficiancy and high blood glugose cant remember the amount she said but took another to test for diabeetis

when i got took into hospital the ambulance took my sugar test and it was 11.2 at 1.20am in the morning and 13.4 at hospital had tests done on heart nothing let me home

2nd night 1.26am same again racing heart on ecg when ambulance comes blood 10.3 heart tests done all saying good

next 2 night i felt better but not as bad as previous then boom my worse night at this point id been on vitamin d and folic acid for 3 days 1.30am this time not just heart feelings but all my left arm was like a hot fuzzy burning feeling then where my arm joins to chest was ice cold wife calls ambulance again blood was 9.9 heart test done but no bloods all come back good at this point this has happened 3 x in a week im scared that there tests aint working as my mom and most of my family aunts n uncles are diabetics and my moms heart attack was bought on by her diabeetis that she didnt no she had when she got took in she had the same tests as me and hers come back fine for her heart but they kept her in the 2nd time it happended and boom she had 3 mini heart attacks on the night at rest

ive told the doctors all of this and the history but wont keep me in for tests or even give me a machine to test my sugars i feel like im on my own and just being let down by the people i should be trusting also ive just found out that the steroids the gp gives me can bring on diabeatis im real at my end here and scared im being teated for a type of copd and ms and me and fibromyalica at the same time all this is taking its toll on me yes im stressed and scarred but the doctors telling me im being a depressant and anchious witch is total noncence

i just want answers sorry for me making my first post this long and probs have loads of spelling mistakes im sorry last thing i wanted is to tell the world my problems

thanks and cheers for accepting me to join

I'm fairly new to this, I can't offer you much advice as I'm still learning myself. I was shocked at how, just after my diagnosis, from feeling ill with lots of symptoms, things escalated very quickly. To suddenly find that your eyes are damaged, your heart is damaged, you are getting every bug under the sun, you blood is "thick" etc. etc. is a hell of a lot to cope with. In my (and half the nations) ignorance I saw diabetes as an old fat persons disease (sorry), but here I am 57, up till now quite fit, active, a little overweight. I can tell you that having dropped and watched my carbs, 6 weeks in I feel better, look better and am beginning to look forward to everday life. At one stage my eyes very quickly could not focus, and I was worried sick that I was going blind. Pleased to report though that having got my levels under control, my vision is back to normal. I'm not an angel with the eating, but I certainly try, and as time goes on I realise that the changes I am making are making a difference to how I feel. Keep those changes going, stick with it, and forgive yourself if you slip up occasionally - we are only human. Good luck and hang in there x

Reactions: 7 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi mossy, how's you? The advice from here is to really get your bs levels down to 5.5 if you can , for me it means weighing my food and being fairly strict with my lchf regime.....I know this is a lot to take in , but the alternatives....::(( Not good! Try and read up on the lchf receipes there's a lot of good foods we can eat still, you will feel so much better as you get into the routine ::))

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would recommend that anyone have a read of bloodsugar101 website (see link in my sig). It gives excellent info on what normal BG is, and the increasing risk of complications the higher and longer we spend above normal (the site is written mainly for type 2s, but I think it has good info for everyone).

The targets are a bit lower than the NHS targets - but I firmly believe that is the reason why the NHS thinks that diabetes (type 2) is a progressive disease, while there is growing evidence (bloodsugar101 and Bernstein's Diabetes Solution, and the Newcastle Diet study) showing that this is not necessarily the case.

Reactions: 4 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
Did you get your 29th result Mossy77

yes buddy

well been back the doctors and yes i have diabeates

my HbA1c took on 26/11/14 was 62
my HbA1c took on 10/12/14 was 64

i told her ive spoke to u guys and researched and put myself on a no carb / low carb low / no sugar diet she was well impressed wanted to give me meds for it but told her my bloods have been good since starting the diet and im happy doing it this way as dont want to take meds weighed me aswell and lost 3kg since last weigh in last month :) :) not alot but its a start

cheers guys

Reactions: 8 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
Hi mossy, how's you? The advice from here is to really get your bs levels down to 5.5 if you can , for me it means weighing my food and being fairly strict with my lchf regime.....I know this is a lot to take in , but the alternatives....::(( Not good! Try and read up on the lchf receipes there's a lot of good foods we can eat still, you will feel so much better as you get into the routine ::))

yerr feeling alot better already bro all down to you lot mad aint it our doctors fook us over and its down to normal people to advise people mad mad world

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
cheers all im watching loads of video,s off here this new machine the stupid doctor give me is doing my sweed in only had it a day looks like im going to have to try and buy the cassette for mine :(

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hey mossy good on yer bro, keep up the good work an happy new year to you an the Mrs::))

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
Sorry not been on here bit of a bad week (bro in hospital )

right been to see diabetic nurse at gp,s today 1st appointment all foot pulses good bp good bs good

ive had no test strips since last thursday they wouldnt give me none till id seen nurse

shes told me that i only need to test twice a day at different meal times on different days

told me if next ac test hasnt dropped they will put me on meds

my bs has been sweet tbh well upto thursday last week it was

also told me not to eat more than 2 eggs a week ?