Feeling peed off sorry for it being a negative first post :(

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good news about the feet, BP and BS, not so good news otherwise. Your best bet is to ignore this nurse. Keep testing (buy your own strips) and eat as many eggs as you want.

What were your BS results? Was it an HbA1c?

I hope all is well now with your brother.

Reactions: 2 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
My hba1c got to wait another 2 months for another test to see if its lowers than last ones

eggs was about calestarol ??

wish i could afford them with me not at work on wife on 36 hours we are strugling

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi mossy77, have you tried lidls wholegrain rye bread? Its not too dear and i find a slice ( or two) doesn't upset my blood sugars, and their gouda cheese is cheap too , also beansprouts and mushrooms good and filling,all the best::))

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are eggs expensive? I have no idea. I just buy them because of the excellent source of fats and protein without any carbs, and they are so versatile.

Our bodies make our own cholesterol. Cholesterol from our food has limited effect on our cholesterol. They are good for you.

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
cheers clive going to get some of that bread

and blue i mean the strips lol not the eggs pmsl

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
i do now but i have the acu check mobile one i bought with cassettes

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
Sorry ive not been on here in a few weeks feeling disheartened with the nhs and the way im being treated its took them 4 years to be diagnosed now im finding out all the other symptoms are part of it all this time the neuropathy part of it is getting worse but im not being listened too so keep loosing my head at the doctors I feel its all to much to take in all these symtoms my change in life style ie food the lack of exercise as I permanently feel **** and hurt continually gettung burning sensations itchy feeling shocks in chest now both my sides hurt right under my ribs headaches tablets to take can only test myself twice a day as doctors want keep funding test strips forgeting to fill there book in forgeting to take meds not sleeping the list goes on and on at my wits end with this now

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Ok,mossy77, the key to this is good lchf and exercise....even if its only a walk,i know cause ive been where you are with the aches an pains etc take heart mossy you can do this !!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Keep at the low carb Mossy, go for a walk, take deep breaths, but keep testing out different foods and your morning fasting. You can do it.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry ive not been on here in a few weeks feeling disheartened with the nhs and the way im being treated its took them 4 years to be diagnosed now im finding out all the other symptoms are part of it all this time the neuropathy part of it is getting worse but im not being listened too so keep loosing my head at the doctors I feel its all to much to take in all these symtoms my change in life style ie food the lack of exercise as I permanently feel **** and hurt continually gettung burning sensations itchy feeling shocks in chest now both my sides hurt right under my ribs headaches tablets to take can only test myself twice a day as doctors want keep funding test strips forgeting to fill there book in forgeting to take meds not sleeping the list goes on and on at my wits end with this now

Mossy - I've only just read this thread, and read it from the beginning. Boy, you've been through the mill!

You've had great advice already from those posting, and your numbers are responding well to the steps you've taken. You should be happy with that aspect? There are a few comments I'd like to make, if I may.

Firstly, it may seem like you've been left with nothing to eat, but in reality, there are loads, and loads of things to eat, and not necessarily expensive either. There's a great thread on here; "What have you eaten today", where there are loads of ideas. Do either you or your wife like to cook? If not, give it a whirl. I know you have had lots of hospital trips to contend with, and your wife works, but if you prepare your food from fresh it is so much cheaper, and of course, you know exactly what's in it. That's particularly relevant for things like burgers, where breadcrumbs and husk are often added to pad the mixture out - and you pay for those breadcrumbs and husk - whether you want them or not.

Secondly, there are times when we all feel, "what's the point?" "I want it all to go away", but the sad reality is that's unlikely to happen. If you're still taking steroids, things may ease if you can get off those, but for us T2s, diet - every morsel we put in our mouths - is the key to our long term well-being. reading what you write about your chest and general pain symptoms, it seems like you are very carb sensitive, so it's probably even more important for you. But, trust me on this one; if you can get yourself through the carb flu/withdrawal phases, you will start feeling better, and that alone is often enough to reinforce us turning our backs on the heavy carbs.

And finally, I think there may have been a misunderstanding about meters. Forgive me if I am wrong. I'm reading that your doctor has given you a meter, but not too many test strips, and not enough to test as often as you would like, and you find yourself buying more to top this up? You refer to a codefree meter, but is it an Accu Check codefree meter (meaning you don't have to programme it to take strips), or is it the SD Codefree meter shown below. I haven't heard of any GPs issuing the SD Codefree meter, but I would be interested to hear if yours does.:

upload_2015-1-17_11-0-31.png

If it's not this one, please do consider buying it. It is simply so, so much cheaper than those usually given by GPs As I understand it, the Accu Check strips are about £20 for 50? The SD Codefree strips are £6.99 for 50, with a 5% discount available if you can buy 5 boxes at a time. So, you can see that's quite a difference.

The SD Codfree can be bought here: http://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/blood_glucose_monitor_testing.htm , and now you have a diabetic diagnosis, you will not have to pay VAT. OK, you would have to buy the matching meter, but that's a one-off cost of £11.60.

I know that's a long post. I'm sorry.

Good luck with it all. There's a lot to learn, but it's not all bad. Honestly.

Reactions: 6 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
yes mate have carb and sugar intolerance anything over 50g in carbs sets it off also is it neupathy or something like that

yes have the code free the nurse give me i bouht the accu check mobile with the cassettes but wont give me prescription

was just ranting had a **** week just feel peed off as if they diagnosted me 4 years ago perhaps the carb and sugar intolerance wouldnt be so bad and the neupathy just feel like ive been let down and palmed off everytime i went hospital its like they thought i was making stuff up even tho every time i had my bs took it was high and no test for diabeetes

cheers lads

Reactions: 4 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
one thing i like about having diabeetis is its getting me trying food id never try in my life

in 37 years ive never eat

peanut butter damm its nice
tuna because it stinks like a hookers box but dammmm its nice the tina that is not the hookers box :)
salmon dammmm nom nom

going to venture with more fish as only ever had cod

Reactions: 8 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yes mate have carb and sugar intolerance anything over 50g in carbs sets it off also is it neupathy or something like that

yes have the code free the nurse give me i bouht the accu check mobile with the cassettes but wont give me prescription

was just ranting had a **** week just feel peed off as if they diagnosted me 4 years ago perhaps the carb and sugar intolerance wouldnt be so bad and the neupathy just feel like ive been let down and palmed off everytime i went hospital its like they thought i was making stuff up even tho every time i had my bs took it was high and no test for diabeetes

cheers lads

Just on the meter again; please do note if you are buying your own strips, you can buy three or four times as many tubs for the Codefree for the same cost as one Accu Check cassette. I've never heard of a doctor giving the SD Codefree (although they can). Does he give you any strips on prescription at all, for either meter?

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
one thing i like about having diabeetis is its getting me trying food id never try in my life

tuna because it stinks like a hookers box but dammmm its nice the tina that is not the hookers box :)
salmon dammmm nom nom

Good morning mossy77, sounds like your finding things a bit easier, hows you?

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

salmon dammmm nom nom

I found the same thing!

I always hated cheese. Now I overdose on it
I had never eaten yogurt. Have it daily now and love it
Always loved salmon but never eaten tuna. Now I eat both

Reactions: 6 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
andbreath i get the strips on prescription but they will only prescribe for me testing myself twice a day when it should be 7 times or more if trying new foods ??

cheers clive yer im sound bud getting there im just a fuddy eater and was getting sick of eating meat all the time lol

yes blue forgot to add yogurt i hated it but like it now but still cant stand cheese yukkkkk :)

Reactions: 5 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
andbreath i get the strips on prescription but they will only prescribe for me testing myself twice a day when it should be 7 times or more if trying new foods ??

cheers clive yer im sound bud getting there im just a fuddy eater and was getting sick of eating meat all the time lol

yes blue forgot to add yogurt i hated it but like it now but still cant stand cheese yukkkkk :)
Try toast with peanut butter & cheese melted on it, now that is nom nom. I have it for lunch if i'm in hurry instead of a good old fry up;). hehe.

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
yerr been doing the peanut butter on toast nom nom nom only one slice mind ;)

Reactions: 7 people