Hba1c down from 86(12.3) to 38(5.6) in 3 months diet and exercise only and the love of this forum

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Hi Guys my story is in my signature below. I can not say enough thanks to this wonderful website and its members. Like many of you I arrived like Bambi on ice blinking widely at this new World I was entering not knowing if my life was going to be ravaged by complications and a painful slow death or a quick one. I was determined from day 1 to do my best. That is from someone that was never really that disciplined about anything. All I had was my honest intent and a thirst for knowledge and acceptance of the support and challenge from the wonderful members on this forum. If I can do it guys I am sure you can, Notwithstanding your own individual circumstance. Stick with it and GOOD LUCK

Reactions: 30 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Very well done! :)

LCHF - you know it makes sense :cool:

Daffodils1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, congratulations. Well done you.

Diagnosed a month ago so way to go but so encouraging to hear your success.

Reactions: 2 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Hey, congratulations. Well done you.

Diagnosed a month ago so way to go but so encouraging to hear your success.
thanks Daffodils. I was so shocked when I was diagnosed just sO pleased to have got some control..Good luck with your journey.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Genuinely inspiring. You have done brilliantly and all in 3 months. You should be very proud of yourself. :)

Reactions: 2 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Genuinely inspiring. You have done brilliantly and all in 3 months. You should be very proud of yourself. :)
Thanks @Bluetit1802 i keep reading the printout the nurse gave me. The actual date of the diagnosis test was 14/10/2014 and the date of the retest date was 14/01/2015. Also as you guys said would happen my cholesterol levels have improved i think to;

tryglycerides are now 1.3 down from 2.1
cholesterol 4.4 down from 4.6
LDL 2.9 from 2.8
HDL 0.95 from 0,88
Cholesterol/HDL ratio 4.6 from 5.2

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Bluetit1802 i keep reading the printout the nurse gave me. The actual date of the diagnosis test was 14/10/2014 and the date of the retest date was 14/01/2015. Also as you guys said would happen my cholesterol levels have improved i think to;

tryglycerides are now 1.3 down from 2.1
cholesterol 4.4 down from 4.6
LDL 2.9 from 2.8
HDL 0.95 from 0,88
Cholesterol/HDL ratio 4.6 from 5.2

Have you got your HDL and LDL figures the wrong way round?

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
No got print out sheets in front of me my HDL started at 0.88 so needed to raise and thats 0.95. and LDL has surpisingly gone up a tad to 2.9 which should have gone down..