Hba1c down from 86(12.3) to 38(5.6) in 3 months diet and exercise only and the love of this forum

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Well done, should be very proud! I'm finding it hard to stay on track! It's easy to slip off and get high blood sugars and eat sugary foods etc…people like you are inspiration and I congratulate and thank you for that! Hope all is still going well☺️
Thanks @georgeley63 Yep still going well and I will continue to share...not because I want to brag about it but because a little over 12 weeks ago I was CRAPPING myself thinking of all the complications and knowing that I always struggled to "diet". Well for me the Diagnosis was the best thing that could have happened . I have transformed my life, I am stronger fitter sharper than I have ever been...I have gone from wearing XL everything to Medium, I always loved myself a bit but I am TOTALLY in love with myself again just like I was at 20 when I thought I was the centre of the universe. I was reasonably generous towards my fellow human beings but now I am even more GENEROUS in spirit and in deed. Of course it helps if your health is good. My biggest message is and I hope it doesn't sound like a cliche but never say never. Because the things I had said I couldn't do at 40 because of my "age" I am doing now and till my dying day now I am going to believe that I can do them. BUT I have to look after my diet and exercise and then leave it to the things that are really not in my control. But things that are in my control I will try to manage because I know now the HUGE benefits it can give me. Many thanks for your congratulations. :) Good LUCK with your journey too.

Reactions: 8 people

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Such positive messages, Im glad its all going so well for you :) - this forum definately is a great source of lovely, knowledgeable folk with great angles on it all.

I dont know where Id be without it, its refreshing to read how liberated you are finding life since changing your diet etc.. I find it strange to say the same, but you're so right. The diet, mental clarity etc.. wonderful.

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sharon Anne

So very very well done x it's a good feeling isn't it. My HbcA1 was 74 and with a little help from these lovely guys and determination I got it down to 35 after 3 months it's now 32 and I am five stone lighter.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
What an inspiration to all of us just starting out on this journey. Well done.

:D

DominicLaiYew

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list
Hi Guys my story is in my signature below. I can not say enough thanks to this wonderful website and its members. Like many of you I arrived like Bambi on ice blinking widely at this new World I was entering not knowing if my life was going to be ravaged by complications and a painful slow death or a quick one. I was determined from day 1 to do my best. That is from someone that was never really that disciplined about anything. All I had was my honest intent and a thirst for knowledge and acceptance of the support and challenge from the wonderful members on this forum. If I can do it guys I am sure you can, Notwithstanding your own individual circumstance. Stick with it and GOOD LUCK

Hi there,
The achievement is outstanding, DID you omit almost 90% of carbs?
How did you stay full? I tried omitting about 70% of carbs & found that a BIG challenge.
Did you doctors clear you hyper condition for good?
Love to hear more.

GordonMcLean

LCHF
I want to lose around 3 stones or 42lbs, I'm up for going to the gym however trying to feel full after training is killing me, carbs fill you but not much else does.
Eating meat can also be quite expensive too.
As far as feeling full goes, what LCHF foods do you use and recommend for training and not getting hungry?

John_boy27

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Coronation St
Emmerdale.
Well done!! I've lost 3st since Boxing day. Hba 1c down from 50 -42, so I know how you feel. what a great site this is. I have learnt so much form others. Thank you everyone.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
LCHF
I want to lose around 3 stones or 42lbs, I'm up for going to the gym however trying to feel full after training is killing me, carbs fill you but not much else does.
Eating meat can also be quite expensive too.
As far as feeling full goes, what LCHF foods do you use and recommend for training and not getting hungry?

Hi Gordon. I have lost 3 stone during the last year. Currently 1.5 mile walk to gym and another 1.5 mile return. I usually go in the morning and don't eat until about 12 noon (bacon, eggs, mushrooms and some of that triangular high protein bread roll from Lidl).
If I want a mid morning snack after gym then I just drink water, eat a few nuts and a baby bell cheese round. Pork scratchings are OK for me also as does a shake made from a bit of natural joghurt diluted in water, psylium husks, inulin powder and a hand full of berries.
Not for everyone but works for me.

RichieA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Guys my story is in my signature below. I can not say enough thanks to this wonderful website and its members. Like many of you I arrived like Bambi on ice blinking widely at this new World I was entering not knowing if my life was going to be ravaged by complications and a painful slow death or a quick one. I was determined from day 1 to do my best. That is from someone that was never really that disciplined about anything. All I had was my honest intent and a thirst for knowledge and acceptance of the support and challenge from the wonderful members on this forum. If I can do it guys I am sure you can, Notwithstanding your own individual circumstance. Stick with it and GOOD LUCK
Fab well done. Just been for my second blood test results as well. Down from 68 to 42. Just diet and exercise as well. Keeping at it though. Can't get complacent else it will all go to pot. Lost about 10kg since Feb as well.

Canadian_cousin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Fab well done. Just been for my second blood test results as well. Down from 68 to 42. Just diet and exercise as well. Keeping at it though. Can't get complacent else it will all go to pot. Lost about 10kg since Feb as well.
I am so impressed and encouraged by all of your successes!

lbd

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
No got print out sheets in front of me my HDL started at 0.88 so needed to raise and thats 0.95. and LDL has surpisingly gone up a tad to 2.9 which should have gone down..

Hi BeatDise ...... with LCHF , LDL can rise, and often does, as is what I experienced.
But not all LDL are damaging. Its the sub fractions that are critical.
What is key is that your Trigs went down.

As per the Professor Ken Sikaris information, this is really worth understanding for all.

Its part of a swag of Videos by Doctors & Health Scientists here
http://www.lowcarbdownunder.com.au/videos/

cheers, and congrats.