Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
B bacon sandwich with burgen bread
L homemade veg soup
D lamb hot pot made with celeriac instead of pots
Thursday is my deep clean day and my delivery day for my Graze box so mid morning snack of a small piece of Graze flapjack chocolate and vanilla mmmm (7.5g carbs) - I don't snack and don't have a sweet tooth but it was very nice
Perfect... :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
B: scrambled eggs, avocado & cheese
Mrs DeeJayR's birthday today, so I let her take me out to lunch.
L: 3-egg omelette with ham, cheese, tomato & watercress, no dressing, no fries. Pudding: 2 raspberries & 2 blueberries (from the edge of her plate of chocolate brownies, ice cream & chocolate sauce)
She drank wine, I drove home through a small blizzard
D: mussels in wine & cream sauce with steamed kale, celeriac, pak choi (never had it before), mangetout and other greenery foraged from the Tesco remainders bin. Good value I think
Today I have eaten 5 eggs. :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken: Cluck.
It all sounds like Mrs DJR had a wonderful birthday and you enjoyed it more than she did!! :)

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yesterday (awful food day!)

B: minted minced lamb and coffeencream
L: hummus and beef broth
S: 2 burgers (meat only) due to another evening of weird schedules
D: chicken livers, courgette and red pepper with horseradish and a coyo

Pretty low carb, but dreadful for veg content. and no smoothie! I made it. I took it to work, and then the office was so frigid that I couldn't face the coldness of it, and it sat in its flask all day and then moved back to the fridge at home - where it is even now.

We haven't had much snow, but my goodness, it has made me want WARM food and drink, not icy cold!
What is a coo, may I ask? o_O

Reactions: 3 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What is a coo, may I ask? o_O

Coyo
They are ridiculously expensive yogurts made with coconut milk, not cow's milk.
Delicious!
Only 0.5g carbs per pot, and a good chug of fat :happy:
But the price is prohibitive.
I don't buy them, but Mr B gets them for me every time he goes shopping unsupervised.
Because he loves me. :couchpotato:
And because he wants me to cook another breakfast slab ;)

Reactions: 10 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Just had cauliflower/broccoli cheese with a tin of tuna mixed in.....so yummy!
Tuna veg bake - love it, what a great alternative to tuna pasta bake, I miss that!

Reactions: 12 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Chicken fest over, am now quite stuffed!

I have a question hopefully some of you may be able to offer your opinion. There is still a fair bit of meat on the chicken, which I'd like to boil up, make a stock and use with the flesh to make homemade soup. Couple of issues though as it was bought ready roasted at the supermarket-is it safe to freeze the chicken for now and then thaw on day of cooking? Will it then be safe to potentially heat it up to make the stock/soup and then again if I can't eat it all in one go?
Whenever I ask the assistant, they say you should eat on the day, not reheat and not freeze. Don't want to waste the leftovers - any advice please?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I have a question hopefully some of you may be able to offer your opinion. There is still a fair bit of meat on the chicken, which I'd like to boil up, make a stock and use with the flesh to make homemade soup. Couple of issues though as it was bought ready roasted at the supermarket-is it safe to freeze the chicken for now and then thaw on day of cooking? Will it then be safe to potentially heat it up to make the stock/soup and then again if I can't eat it all in one go?
Whenever I ask the assistant, they say you should eat on the day, not reheat and not freeze. Don't want to waste the leftovers - any advice please?

I would go for it, but make sure the soup is boiled well before eating.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I'd not freeze it as mate of my mum's did that and ended up on drip in hospital with food poisoning. Why not just boil it tonight and freeze stock in useable portions.

Reactions: 6 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for the warning. I think I will leave it in the fridge overnight, make the stock and soup tomorrow and consume over the weekend. At least that way all I'm doing is boiling it up.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the warning. I think I will leave it in the fridge overnight, make the stock and soup tomorrow and consume over the weekend. At least that way all I'm doing is boiling it up.

That should be fine. Just make sure you reheat the portions of soup to boiling. x

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I often freeze cooked meat of all kinds and use later in soup or stir fry, although I confess to using defrosted ham cold. Meat for freezing should be off the bone or carcass I think. The carcass or bones can be boiled for stock (pressure cooker preferably) same day. We used to keep a stock pot going permanently in the winter, revitalised & boiled up every day.
This is just my opinion and I have only my survival so far as corroboration.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - 2 egg omellette with cheese and ham
L - crustless quiche with salad
D - shepherds pie made with cauliflower mash and runner beans .... First time I have made it with the cauli mash and it was yummy.
S - pork scratching and one of those coffee biscuits you get in posh coffee shops..

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B - 2 egg omellette with cheese and ham
L - crustless quiche with salad
D - shepherds pie made with cauliflower mash and runner beans .... First time I have made it with the cauli mash and it was yummy.
S - pork scratching and one of those coffee biscuits you get in posh coffee shops..

Cauli cheese mash on top of shepherds' pie is the best thing ever. Even Mr e likes it.

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

Depending on net carb content, you could always add a bit of cream to the sauce to fatten it up a bit! It would also slow down the sugar release a bit.

Mmmm sausages - enjoy!

My tea has changed, am now having a big n tasty roast chicken with cauli cheese - reduced to £3.00 on my way home from ASDA
Always tastes best when the price has been reduced ;)

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Well if I'd roasted a chicken myself and planned to do the same as you I would happily freeze carcass and meat for soup at a later date. Not so sure I would reheat again though

S

Sable_Jan

OK, today
Brekky - slice of well buttered wholemeal/wheatgerm toast
lunch - 4 veggie Cumberland sausages in cider apple sauce with green beans
Tea - carvery....beef, peas, cabbage, roasties and gravy. Thought I was hungry but after I'd eaten roasties, peas, bit of the cabbage and 2 slices of the beef I didn't want any more...just 2 cups of tea with one of those little pots of milk in each

Snacks
2 handful s of fruit and nuts, the last 2 of the sausages and 2 very naughty but tiny choc fudge topped cup cakes - not much more than inch and a bit square and half inch deep - nope, didn't test - wouldn't change that I ate them and won't be an encore ;)

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Think I did a post earlier, but just to recap:
Brunch: slice of ham, German smoked cheese, baby plum toms with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar 3 cups of coffee with cream
Mid afternoon: cream, yoghurt and berries with a sprinkle of flaked almonds
D: decided to try my hand at a fritatta with ham hock, asparagus, and lots of strong cheese. Was very nice, though I say so myself, so I finished it off for supper :) stuffed now!

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.