What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooooh, drool, drool....that sounds gorgeous - apart from ice cream AND custard.....we all have a moment of naughtiness now and again......tomorrow is another day......just with less carbs than today

Haha, couldn't resist, I am pathetic! Still, I think I got away with it, my 2 hourly post meal only went to 6.7, I was expecting it to be much higher :) Wait til you hear what I had yesterday! :grin:

Reactions: 4 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday's food:

B - face 9bar and coffee with cream
L - small pice of salmon 28gs Cheshire cheese and a large green salad
D - very naughty, scampi & chips with peas... When it came I suddenly realised that I didn't want it .... I ate all he scampi and about 6 chips and left the rest....I was amazed with myself and annoyed also.. I really didn't enjoy it one bit...the thought was definitely better than the reality.

It fascinates me that the things we once craved have no appeal now. Such is the nature of carb addiction. I had an awayday with friends yesterday, and they brought loads of carby goodies for the journey, chocolate croissants, M&S biccies, etc. I would have devoured the lot and craved more before lchf

Reactions: 8 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Exciting day yesterday, up at 5.30am for a trip to The Smoke with my pals for lunch at Dinner by Heston, woohoo!
B: yoghurt and berries
L: Iberico pork chop cooked to perfection, with ham hock (unfortunately encased in something that looked a bit suspect so I left it), and baby sprout hearts followed by the house special, tipsy pudding which was divine :drool:
I also had a rose petal cocktail, and a Mojito earlier, and a coffee with cream afterwards. 2 hour post reading was 7.4, not too bad.
1/2 slice of ham, some cheese and baby plum toms on the return journey, and yoghurt, berries and cream when I got home.

Reactions: 10 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B yoghurt
L just had 3 slices of crispy streaky bacon a fried tomato on half slice of fried bread, love the way the tom makes the bread all gooeeeeeeee
And later on I will mostly be having
3 slices turkey breast 1 stuffing ball 2 pork balls broccoli cauliflower 1spoonfull swede and carrot and 2 spoons gravy.. yum

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Typical day for me,
B= poached egg , steamed spinach, cottage cheese, flax, coffee with cardamon.
L= grilled salmon,salad from 6 vegetables ,olives, flax, cheese , coffee and hibiscus tea
T= goats milk yogurt, flax, 14 grams of almonds.

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: 2 fried eggs and bacon. Coffee with cream.
L: cold roast chicken, lettuce and spinach, small tomato, bit of mozzarella, some black olives, mayonnaise.
D: 2 mini burgers, salad with lettuce spinach red onion feta tomato cucumber olives, Mayo, a boiled egg, some avocado.
snack: handful of pistachios.

Reactions: 6 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I have a quick mini rant about something my Mother in law said? It was weeks ago but it has been needling at me. She asked how much weight I'd lost and in 3 months it was around 10kg which I thought was pretty decent (in fact I'm deliriously happy with it) but she took the wind right out of my sails by saying "yes, you've done it the right way, losing it slowly". I'm sure there was a genuinely intended compliment in there but 10kg in 12 weeks is pretty quick I thought. I suddenly felt a bit deflated that I wasn't trying hard enough. Or maybe I am just being massively over-sensitive about it all.

S

Sable_Jan

Haha, couldn't resist, I am pathetic! Still, I think I got away with it, my 2 hourly post meal only went to 6.7, I was expecting it to be much higher :) Wait til you hear what I had yesterday! :grin:
I was surprised I got away with crumble yesterday - had it for breakfast today too and only went from 5.2 to 5.6 tho may have been a delayed higher figure as I was 6.1 pre lunch BUT went down from that to 5.9 after a lunch that was leftover quorn curry from yesterday with a naan bread. which took me UP a little yesterday ...... the way our bodies work - bit of a mystery at times :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Can I have a quick mini rant about something my Mother in law said? It was weeks ago but it has been needling at me. She asked how much weight I'd lost and in 3 months it was around 10kg which I thought was pretty decent (in fact I'm deliriously happy with it) but she took the wind right out of my sails by saying "yes, you've done it the right way, losing it slowly". I'm sure there was a genuinely intended compliment in there but 10kg in 12 weeks is pretty quick I thought. I suddenly felt a bit deflated that I wasn't trying hard enough. Or maybe I am just being massively over-sensitive about it all.
That's around 2lbs per week which is excellent progress - mayb she thought you meant 10lbs? Here is a good place to rant - we all need to vent now and again....... the important thing is that you are happy with your progress (and ifs she's an otherwise good M-I-L then I'm sure she did mean it kindly :))

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 tbsp wholegrain oats, cinnamon, chia seeds, yoghurt, berries, seeds, nuts, the usual formula
L: Fried egg, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms (roadside cafe -- modest helping but charged the same as a full breakfast as if with toast, marmalade, sausages & fried bread) :mad: Under new management -- normally get a generous amount.
D: Leftover lamb mince with cauli & cheese topping, mixed salad
S: Olive bread (recipe from forum), cheese, tomato. Still haven't got the hang of using coconut flour (very dry) but I will persevere.

pamK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love this thread seeing what different foods are posted Seems we all like bacon, mushrooms egg I also like grilled tomato
Please keep posting as sometimes I;m sure we all say "What can I have today " sonething different would be nice

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love this thread seeing what different foods are posted Seems we all like bacon, mushrooms egg I also like grilled tomato
Please keep posting as sometimes I;m sure we all say "What can I have today " sonething different would be nice
Hello Pam, I notice you enjoy this thread and thanks for joining in. How are you coping with T2?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Today I have eaten the entire crackling from a shoulder of pork joint. It was sooo good!

Reactions: 9 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I know. That's the best bit of it. I've finally mastered slow cooking pork shoulder and getting great crackling!

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
B - greek yog topped with a spoonful of flaxseed mix i found in lidl
nibbled cheese, egg mayo, peanuts through the day
D - homemade bolognese with a generous topping of parmesan, followed by stewed rhubarb sweetened, with no added sugar custard.

Reactions: 11 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast two boiled eggs spelt toast
lunch tuna and pate salad( and few crisps from hubby's bag)
snack dark chocolate
dinner roast lamb, broccoli, green beans, cauli cheese , roast swede

Reactions: 9 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - bacon, Tomatoe, sausage, mushrooms and a gilled Tomatoe
D - beef and mushroom stew with carrots, I new potatoe and greenbeans
T - breakfast balls - omg I just made a batch following the recipe that @Brunneria posted they are amazing!
S - rubarb and cream

Status
Not open for further replies.