Please help!! Waitrose refuse to stock 'LivLife Low Carb Bread'

LivLife

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sorry to revive an old thread but I still find it very difficult to get the bread in Birmingham. Waitrose have it on their shelves once in a blue moon and even when I ask them to check to see if they have it in the back the answer is always in the negative. Maybe you can cut and paste this to Waitrose to let them know.

Also, any chance you can reduce the postage for online deliveries? £5.22 for 4 loafs of bread certainly dissuades me from buying it online directly from you.

Sorry to hear that you're finding it difficult to get our bread. Have you tried on Ocado?
I am afraid that we cannot reduce the postage for our online deliveries. We want our customers to enjoy our bread as fresh as possible, so we use a courier who picks the bread from the bakery as soon as it is baked and delivers it the day after. This unfortunately is a slightly more expensive route but it does ensure the bread is as fresh as possible.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
15 miles away from me. That explains why I've never seen it then. :)

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
my stores suposed to sell it but doesnt have it 4 some reason,,,ill ask the shop manager next time im in,,looked in sainsburys and they dont have hilo bread either,,,looks like no lo carb bread for me :(

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They have it in our Waitrose but it seems it is only in selected stores where they think it will sell. I don't buy it myself I prefer the HiLo bread from Sainsburys

Thanks Annie! :) I have looked in our local Sainsbury's and a few others and never managed to find any. I've just googled a list of where to buy....and our local store is on the list now. So I shall try again:)

A

AnnieC

Thanks Annie! :) I have looked in our local Sainsbury's and a few others and never managed to find any. I've just googled a list of where to buy....and our local store is on the list now. So I shall try again:)

I had a job to find it this week it has always been on the top shelf with the small loaves before so thought they had run out then I spotted it right down on the bottom shelf. It is really expensive for the size of the slices it was1.70 I usually get it with other stuff so don't often check the price but I am sure it has gone up in price to what it was

LivLife

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I had a job to find it this week it has always been on the top shelf with the small loaves before so thought they had run out then I spotted it right down on the bottom shelf. It is really expensive for the size of the slices it was1.70 I usually get it with other stuff so don't often check the price but I am sure it has gone up in price to what it was
Hi Annie, the retail price should be £1.59 but we are on promotion from tomorrow until the 17th March with 25% off!

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Livlife no longer on Waitrose website, but showing on the Ocado website.

I've never used Ocado so just looked on their website, did a search for 'low carb' and it came up with loads of stuff! So who/what is this Ocado? I might have to try using them in future :)

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol.
Eat as much as you like.

Just don't kid yourself it is necessary.

I don't think any one food item is necessary, but a varied, healthy diet, hopefully with the foods we like, is highly desirable, and for a lot of people that includes bread. Nothing wrong with that if they can tolerate it.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think any one food item is necessary, but a varied, healthy diet, hopefully with the foods we like, is highly desirable, and for a lot of people that includes bread. Nothing wrong with that if they can tolerate it.

Precisely.

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ocado deliver for Waitrose and Morrisons in answer to the question of who are they.

Ali

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ocado deliver for Waitrose and Morrisons in answer to the question of who are they.

Ali

Just checked and Ocado don't deliver in my area yet, but Waitrose does..

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe they deliver under their own name too Rowan? AFAIK they represent Waitrose and Morrisons in the delivery stakes though.

Ali

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi Folks
You can buy LivLife low carb bread directly from www.livlifefoods.co.uk It costs £6.36 for a case of 4 loafs, which works out at £1.59 per loaf. Delivery is express only, but at £5.22 is expensive. Guess it could be worth the extra pennies for delivery if you want to get this bread and you factori in the cost of your time & travel expense to find a local stockist.
Ali. :)

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
gud news 4 me! got it in wairose at last! got 5 loafs and froze 4,,,,its a bit small but i had a nice corn beef n tomato sarnie earlier :)

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
gud news 4 me! got it in wairose at last! got 5 loafs and froze 4,,,,its a bit small but i had a nice corn beef n tomato sarnie earlier :)

Oh, that's good news @Simon84. I've got a local Waitrose which hopefully will stock it too. Can you remind me how many carb grams are there per slice?
Ali.

Last edited by a moderator: