1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Please help!! Waitrose refuse to stock 'LivLife Low Carb Bread'

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by World Hereafter, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Simon84

Simon84 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

cant get it in my local wairose :spitoutdummy::grumpy:

2. LivLife

LivLife Other · Member

Sorry to hear that you're finding it difficult to get our bread. Have you tried on Ocado?
    I am afraid that we cannot reduce the postage for our online deliveries. We want our customers to enjoy our bread as fresh as possible, so we use a courier who picks the bread from the bakery as soon as it is baked and delivers it the day after. This unfortunately is a slightly more expensive route but it does ensure the bread is as fresh as possible.

3. LivLife

LivLife Other · Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. Simon84

5. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

15 miles away from me. That explains why I've never seen it then. :)

6. AnnieC

AnnieC · Guest

They have it in our Waitrose but it seems it is only in selected stores where they think it will sell. I don't buy it myself I prefer the HiLo bread from Sainsburys

• Like Like x 2
  7. Simon84

my stores suposed to sell it but doesnt have it 4 some reason,,,ill ask the shop manager next time im in,,looked in sainsburys and they dont have hilo bread either,,,looks like no lo carb bread for me :(

8. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

Thanks Annie! :) I have looked in our local Sainsbury's and a few others and never managed to find any. I've just googled a list of where to buy....and our local store is on the list now. So I shall try again:)

9. AnnieC

AnnieC · Guest

I had a job to find it this week it has always been on the top shelf with the small loaves before so thought they had run out then I spotted it right down on the bottom shelf. It is really expensive for the size of the slices it was1.70 I usually get it with other stuff so don't often check the price but I am sure it has gone up in price to what it was

10. LivLife

LivLife Other · Member

Hi Annie, the retail price should be £1.59 but we are on promotion from tomorrow until the 17th March with 25% off!

11. AnnieC

AnnieC · Guest

I don`t have LivLife I prefer the HiLo bread from Sainsburys so will stick with that

12. rowan

rowan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've never used Ocado so just looked on their website, did a search for 'low carb' and it came up with loads of stuff! So who/what is this Ocado? I might have to try using them in future :)

13. rowan

I don't think any one food item is necessary, but a varied, healthy diet, hopefully with the foods we like, is highly desirable, and for a lot of people that includes bread. Nothing wrong with that if they can tolerate it.

14. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Precisely.

15. Ali H

Ali H Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ocado deliver for Waitrose and Morrisons in answer to the question of who are they.

Ali

16. rowan

Just checked and Ocado don't deliver in my area yet, but Waitrose does..

17. Ali H

Ali H Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Maybe they deliver under their own name too Rowan? AFAIK they represent Waitrose and Morrisons in the delivery stakes though.

Ali

18. Alisonjane10

Alisonjane10 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Folks
    You can buy LivLife low carb bread directly from www.livlifefoods.co.uk It costs £6.36 for a case of 4 loafs, which works out at £1.59 per loaf. Delivery is express only, but at £5.22 is expensive. Guess it could be worth the extra pennies for delivery if you want to get this bread and you factori in the cost of your time & travel expense to find a local stockist.
    Ali. :)

19. Simon84

gud news 4 me! got it in wairose at last! got 5 loafs and froze 4,,,,its a bit small but i had a nice corn beef n tomato sarnie earlier :)

20. Alisonjane10

Alisonjane10 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh, that's good news @Simon84. I've got a local Waitrose which hopefully will stock it too. Can you remind me how many carb grams are there per slice?
    Ali.

#120 Alisonjane10, Mar 3, 2015 at 3:07 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook