Apple cider vinegar

zazoopits

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
im wondering if anyone has tried adding Apple cider vinegar to their regime to lower blood sugar? Also wondering if the capsules work as well as the regular vinegar (with the mother). Would like to keep the enamal on my teeth if possible!! Many thanks.

zazoopits

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe should explain that "the mother" is the natural ingredient in acv that's usually processed out to make the vinegar clear. It should be cloudy. Anyone?!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I've just started on a table spoon of rice vinegar a day.
Will report back as to whether it proves to be the fountain of youth or not.

Reactions: 2 people

zazoopits

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You n me both, I've heard great things about vinegar! Thanks jackethelad, hope it works!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Maybe should explain that "the mother" is the natural ingredient in acv that's usually processed out to make the vinegar clear. It should be cloudy. Anyone?!
I've read about this natural stringy mother but I've never come across it.

tonal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
You n me both, I've heard great things about vinegar! Thanks jackethelad, hope it works!
I started Apple cider vinegar and honey 2 weeks ago - nothing to report yet, but sounded like a good idea.

bookitty

I tried an apple cider vinegar, honey and some spices a couple of months ago - was told it would reduce my blood sugars - tried it for a few weeks. NO CHANGE. so stopped it.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
With honey it aint going to be bringing your sugars down no?

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't really know if it actually makes any difference but since it tastes good I have it with my salads and vegs almost everyday but I follow a very low carb regime so I put my success with my BG's down to that mainly.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
I've been taking ACV for years. Not to lower my BS though, but to stave off gout/arthritis. It works great for this.
If I stop taking it then I am crippled with pain in my toe and thumb. When I get back on it I can function normally.
Great stuff ACV - even better if its lowering my BS too

tonal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been taking ACV for years. Not to lower my BS though, but to stave off gout/arthritis. It works great for this.
If I stop taking it then I am crippled with pain in my toe and thumb. When I get back on it I can function normally.
Great stuff ACV - even better if its lowering my BS too
This is such good news!!!!! I have troubles with my big toe and particularly my right thumb and I have also had gout - I will double up on my ACV , do you take honey with it?

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
This is such good news!!!!! I have troubles with my big toe and particularly my right thumb and I have also had gout - I will double up on my ACV , do you take honey with it?

I don't take it with honey although I used to. I just take a tablespoon full with some warm water 1x to 2x a day. And lots of water too during the day!

tonal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't take it with honey although I used to. I just take a tablespoon full with some warm water 1x to 2x a day. And lots of water too during the day!
Thanks stuffed I have started upping my dose already ! You are the first I've heard from with the same probs as me - this is marvellous news. I don't fancy acv by itself but I will try. Thanks again ;

Sharonrk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
im wondering if anyone has tried adding Apple cider vinegar to their regime to lower blood sugar? Also wondering if the capsules work as well as the regular vinegar (with the mother). Would like to keep the enamal on my teeth if possible!! Many thanks.

I Just started taking the capsules, brought my fasting level down below 7.0 mmol the next day, this was after a week of it spiking aroung 10 mmol. So I'm encouraged by the result.

HbA1c = 4.2 mmol

zazoopits

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great, have sent off for the caps, am excited to try them. Thanks all.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
I Just started taking the capsules, brought my fasting level down below 7.0 mmol the next day, this was after a week of it spiking aroung 10 mmol. So I'm encouraged by the result.

HbA1c = 4.2 mmol

Hello there
I'm having similar problems with fasting blood sugar levels. I've just sent off for some apple cider vinegar capsules from Holland & Barrett after reading the links from here. Could you tell me when you're taking the capsules & how many. I believe the ones I've bought are 300mg caps. Also, do you take yours with food or just a drink of water. I need all the tips I can get, so your advice regarding your experience with these capsules will be so useful. Many thanks.
Ali. X

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

HbA1c = 4.2 mmol
This is excellent news. My fasting BG has been creeping up and up again. I used to take shots of ACV and even though I swallowed it as quickly as possible, it made my already sensitive teeth even worse, so stopped. I'll have to get some of the capsules.

BTW, if anyone is interested in other alternative treatments for increasing insulin sensitivity, this link rates them based on studies/efficacy:
http://examine.com/topics/Insulin+Sensitivity/

Mirza39

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello there
I'm having similar problems with fasting blood sugar levels. I've just sent off for some apple cider vinegar capsules from Holland & Barrett after reading the links from here. Could you tell me when you're taking the capsules & how many. I believe the ones I've bought are 300mg caps. Also, do you take yours with food or just a drink of water. I need all the tips I can get, so your advice regarding your experience with these capsules will be so useful. Many thanks.
Ali. X

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Use a straw? I have read that the vinegar only works in combination with a carby meal and it doesn't work with a low carb meal. Therefore a low carb diet means there isn't any benefit.