Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 fasting this sunny morning

6.4 before supper last night and 6.6 after, and 6.4 after this morning's breakfast

Averages last week:
Overall: 6.6
Fasting: 6.4
Before meals; 6.5
After meals: 6.8

Which is finally close again to what I started off with last year... The glucose gremlin's obviously in a good mood ! :D

Robbity

Reactions: 14 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
5.8 this am

kinda screwed for the rest of the day as my testing strips are at home!

Reactions: 20 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 again. The hour has thrown me all out of kilter and also had way too much protein yesterday.

Reactions: 19 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
... when I see all the 4's and 5's in this thread, I get a bit jealous. Maybe tomorrow............

Don't ever get jealous - we've all got unique bodies and diabetic conditions so can't replicate what happening to others....:wideyed:

My meter allows me to set target ranges for various types of readings and I use these as my goals, not the results I see on here every day...

Robbity

Reactions: 14 people
S

Sable_Jan

Morning all.....5.5.... Bit of a legacy from evening snack possobly which I actually went down from. Sugarfree digestive 4 sandwiched together with choc hazelnut butter (nit the sweet spread) then squirty cream piled on top

Reactions: 15 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all.....5.5.... Bit of a legacy from evening snack possobly which I actually went down from. Sugarfree digestive 4 sandwiched together with choc hazelnut butter (nit the sweet spread) then squirty cream piled on top
Sugar free digestives sound good. Where do you get them

Reactions: 6 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fasting 5.0 :D......well would you believe it, out of nowhere, after all them there 6s, 'no way' was I retesting!

Neil

Reactions: 23 people

Merrylizard1314

Snap! I was 6.3 this morning after a bedtime reading of 5.5.

I've only ever had one fasting in the 5's (about 2 weeks ago) but I'm beginning to think that was a rogue reading. I'm much happier with my bedtime readings. I should be getting my second HbA1c test sometime in April (not been advised of an appointment yet) and I know it will be lower than the first one in the middle of January so I shouldn't complain but, when I see all the 4's and 5's in this thread, I get a bit jealous. Maybe tomorrow............

Yes, @WeeFergus just hang in there, and it will surely begin. From what I've read here, the overnight fasting are generally later than others to get into the desired range. My BGLs are only just beginning to meet targets now.
Good luck with your HbA1c - mine is also in April.

Reactions: 10 people

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 at bedtime and 5.3 this morning.

And please, could someone explain 'saga louts' to a Canadian?

Reactions: 16 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 at bedtime and 5.3 this morning.

And please, could someone explain 'saga louts' to a Canadian?
Tea fuelled 'old age' pensioners barging their way past the 'younger' generation to get to the bargains at the superstore whilst at the same time joyfully spending the kids inheritance. Courtesy of viz magazine and a derivative of the ubiquitous 'larger lout'.

Reactions: 7 people

Gabe86

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Clive thanks for asking this weekend i cheated a lot on my meals

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea fuelled 'old age' pensioners barging their way past the 'younger' generation to get to the bargains at the superstore whilst at the same time joyfully spending the kids inheritance. Courtesy of viz magazine and a derivative of the ubiquitous 'larger lout'.
But why 'saga'?d

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.