Chili flakes
Extra virgin Olive oil.
;-)

I look forward to Breakfast.
Doesn't sound quite so bad now ;)

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Been eating generally the same food as past few days BG okay except morning dump which then takes me till lunchtime to bring down

B 4 bacon, mushrooms, fried egg and 2 cherry tomatoes
L slice of burgen with Philadelphia and avocado & runny poached egg, slice of strat. cake
D som tam, 1/2 bag of pork scratchings, small cheese & sugar free jelly
MUST make that cake....I have all the ingredients I need

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
MUST make that cake....I have all the ingredients I need

......That's it, I'll be making my Gala Apple steam pudding this weekend. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, but I've been forced into it.

Reactions: 4 people

pms543

ummm found a lovely satisfying breakfast that doesn't spike me above 1.5 increase after half hour!

Handful blueberries
half banana
1tbsp chopped almonds
1tbsp walnuts / pecans
1 tsps. unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk

S

Sable_Jan

ummm found a lovely satisfying breakfast that doesn't spike me above 1.5 increase after half hour!

Handful blueberries
half banana
1tbsp chopped almonds
1tbsp walnuts / pecans
1 tsps. unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
You do need to be testing at 2 hours.....that's the crucial time....and mayb ano half hour after that with new foods to check if you're back on your way down again... At half an hour you can still be on your way up but I wouldn't expect a big rise to that at 2 hrs though mayb the banana if you are sensitive to it. Just want you to be safe x

S

Sable_Jan

......That's it, I'll be making my Gala Apple steam pudding this weekend. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, but I've been forced into it.
Bear in mind the stratiacelli cake IS low carb made with almond flour... Enjoy your steamed pud, just a small portion mind ;)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Yes have given up cider and only drink dry white wine or vodka and slimline tonic :D just sometimes too much :stinkyfeet:
:D

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
But I tested and my numbers went DOWN.......:eek:
Have you been running on the spot? Walking the dogs? Running up and down stairs? That's amazing... you must be doing something right lady... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
hi all i started my day with 2 slices of bacon, full fat greek yoguart with raspberries and blueberries. For lunch full fat cottage cheese tomatoes few mixed nuts a tangerine and a small pear. For tea chicken with raw cabbage salad and cheese very good day today all bs readings under 7 all day for the first time since going on a low carb plan:)
Reward for hard work... well done... :)

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What's a Gala Apple Steamed Pudding? It doesn't sound low-carb... I know who you're blaming too - she gets away with blue murder really you know... :D

S

Sable_Jan

Have you been running on the spot? Walking the dogs? Running up and down stairs? That's amazing... you must be doing something right lady... :)
None of the above ;). Some things still spike me terribly. I'll check the carb load of that lot...just to see if it's less than it sounds....

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Overnight soaked groats, chia, cinnamon, flax seeds, yoghurt, xylitol, nuts, cream; coffee
Good workout on the allotment, planted spuds for Mrs D
L: Chicken salad, mayo
Food shopping (always walk)
D: Frittata -- 2 eggs, spinach, bacon, onion, mushrooms, tomato, cheese
Walk on the beach for the sunset, then cocoa with almond milk & cream

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: Microwave bun with Roquefort and avocado
Snack was vanilla and 85% chocolate strat cake with cream
L: Three crustless mini-quiches
Goan fish curry with cauliflower and another piece of strat cake... Thank goodness my husband gets back tonight and will finish it off and save me from myself.... ;)

Reactions: 5 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Sable_Jan
I've noticed that I tolerate wholewheat flour in baking ("Portion control being the key") quite well lately.

I bake bread, cakes and my favourite steam pudding with wholemeal flour and I use Splenda as a sweetener.

1 slice of Homemade bread toasted with breakfast is fine, if I ate 1 slice later on in the day, it would definitely spike me.

Reactions: 6 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday's Food:

B - Mushroom & Ham crustless quiche
L - Mediterranean Salad with Ham and Cheese
D- Beef meatballs in Onion gravy with Cauli and Broccoli and some sour cream on the side
S - Sugar free raspberry jelly and extra thick double cream

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.