What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.1 this morning after it being 8 prior to bed, had eaten my first and last hot cross bun, probably the culprit! Was diagnosed type 2 in the middle of Feb and treated initially with 1000mg, metformin increasing to 1500mg a month later . Have now increased my metformin as instructed to 3g daily, so we will see what happens over the next few days.

Reactions: 2 people

jason134

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment
8.7 was naughty last night

gbswales

I test most mornings but find that mine varies quite a bit - this morning it was 4.5 when I woke up early at 7.00 but it can be anything from as high as 10 down to 3. I think the problem is that I do not wake at regular times (retired now) so "first thing" can be anything from 7.00 until mid day depending on what time I finished playing games on the computer the night before! Very occasionally it has been lower but once I drop below 3 I am woken naturally by sweating and a "low feeling" that I cant really describe. I have insulin on demand with a nighttime background dose which is the regime that the centre felt best fitted my inconsistent lifestyle. My main aim (which I achieve about 80% of the time) is to keep my level within single figures. Interestingly a high level at night does not always result in a high level in the morning whereas sometimes I have a fairly moderate level after my evening (any time from 6.30 - 9.30) meal but end up with a level in the morning that has not reduced much at all.