Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janie15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't know what my readings are any more as my doctor has removed testing strips from my prescription.

janie15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well they did, I have an issue with my legs currently so if they keep doing what they are doing I'll book to see the doctor next week.

Reactions: 4 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
well they did, I have an issue with my legs currently so if they keep doing what they are doing I'll book to see the doctor next week.
Book an appointment and tell them you need to be able to test your blood sugar to be able to control your diabetes

Reactions: 7 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I've been warned my test strip script won't be continuing much longer.

hanham97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have to as well.It's not what I want to but better safe than sorry.

Reactions: 7 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I conclude you ran the gauntlet, eating tropical fruit, didn't test, then don't have enough data to draw any conclusions. You can either repeat the food patterns, but test properly, or banish mango. I dare say it depends how much mango you may intend to eat moving forward.

I do sense a tone of disapproval :) - even if this wasn't meant.

I didn't eat any fruit for 4 months but I am not throwing away the gorgeous mangoes given to me to bring home. Once they are gone, they are gone. I am not trying to reintroduce fruit; this is an exception and one that makes me curious.

I had a very late breakfast today and at 12.30 my BG was 7.2. I then had some mango and then went for a walk and was back after an hour and a half. 2 hours after my mango my BG was 5.8.

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
G'day Sport

Cheers - yes very useful. Gatorade is the sponsor of the Brighton marathon so if you want it they hand it out as you go round. I was a bit concerned about the carb content and sugar in the gels they hand out so have been refining my strategy in my long runs.

Rearing to go and I have opted for High5 Zero tabs and High5 xtreme (with caffine) basically drop them in water (loads of water around the course) to make an electrolyte drink and 6 x 45g freezer bags of peanut butter - bite and squeeze and two 35g bags of pork scratchings (you get the oddest looks as you pass someone and offer them a porky). Yep - big fan of magnesium - made some oil last month and have some flakes and some baking soda ready for a bath after. So as ready as can be - just got to do it now!
Go Baruney... :)

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do sense a tone of disapproval :) - even if this wasn't meant.

I didn't eat any fruit for 4 months but I am not throwing away the gorgeous mangoes given to me to bring home. Once they are gone, they are gone. I am not trying to reintroduce fruit; this is an exception and one that makes me curious.

I had a very late breakfast today and at 12.30 my BG was 7.2. I then had some mango and then went for a walk and was back after an hour and a half. 2 hours after my mango my BG was 5.8.

Any disapproval you detected was that you know you hadn't tested adequately, and I felt you wanted somebody to say it was a great score. Of course, I could be wrong, but I'd rather not be disingenuous, as you asked.

Vis a vis this morning; did you recheck your post breakfast? What brought that on? Of course, at 7.2, you could have been falling rapidly, with the exercise then accelerating your digestion to help you cope with the carb. Many people find the can have x, y or z, provided they exercise within an hour or so. @cold ethyl is one such poster. I think she has peddle-pay-back down to a fine art!

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I've still not made that cake.....maybe tomorrow but I was thinking of trying my revised choc cake recipe...
Hope your sinuses soon clear......Olbas Oil on a tissue at bedtime?
Thank you... I went to the pharmacy today and they recommended taking a medication for breaking down the mucous first... I also have a large syringe for special salt-water for my nose :eek::eek: I am not looking forward to doing it one bit, I have to tell you...it looks vile, but I am assured that it will give long-lasting effects... I wonder how good I will be at it... I shall do it in the shower every day I think... My friend says she was in such terrible pain with infected sinuses that she stupidly took antibiotics, which helped for about a week... when it came back with a vengeance she did the salt thing and she has been clear ever since, without even a headache... I understand that diabetics are prone to sinus infections? I haven't researched it yet - the internet here has been a little erratic... I will look it up at some point ... or is it just low-carbing - we eat a lot of dairy I guess, and it's bad for creating mucous.... I don't when I'm in the UK because I can get all the lovely goat's things and the lactose-free things... :) Maybe that's why I'm suffering now....

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all

6.7 fasting. My readings in the last 2 weeks have been doing there best impression of a rubber ball. Oh well off to folkestone for the 5km parkrun. Weather - cold, wet, grey.
I hope you had a good run and your feet aren't sore.. :) Was the weather terrible?

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.9 this am after a 10.3 last night...no supper for me last night grrr :bigtears:
It is sooo frustrating.... Maybe you are harbouring a cold or something? :(

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.1 my lowest ever fasting reading this year :D:D. Insulatard is 8 units in a morning and I am trying to do 10 - 15 mins a day on exercise bike.
Fantastic... :) Makes you smile, doesn't it?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I don't know what my readings are any more as my doctor has removed testing strips from my prescription.
What? That's so naughty... make him put them back on... tell him you're eating to your meter and need them.... that's terrible... :(

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oops, nearly forgot my reading... 6 this morning... but I feel a bit better so maybe it'll be good tomorrow.. :)

Reactions: 14 people
Status
Not open for further replies.