Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: 2 slices of cheese and one small banana
Lunch: 6 feta cheese olives
Snack: handful of cashews
Dinner: Steamed broccoli, 8 french fries, one bite of chicken and a couple forkfuls of corn

I do hope I posted this correctly, within the parameters of this thread.

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Pipp at the moment I am going with just my hba1c levels ... That is just for now ... I vary between 39 and 41 or 42 ... My numbers hba1c vary a bit .. They were 118 two years ago .. I have them done every 12 weeks ... And I am happy with them .
But I have been told to check with GP ... Re changes etc .. As I have family members with type 1 on one family side ...
So at the moment I am doing what I am doing ... Thanks for asking ... best wishes Kat
And @Pipp my diet changes ... Yes I am using the type 2 thread but I have and do what I call a medium to low carb diet .. I just tweek it myself as required ... Things change ..eating wise
Thank you kat. Impressive BG figures and HbA1c too.
I was asking because despite my signature I am rather afraid of putting many foods back on my menu. Still on diabetes register, so don't want to eat foods that will push levels up. Very encouraging to know that some people are able to stay below T2 levels with ' normal' food in their diets. I had to google Alpen, lol so think your version sounds nicer. Guess I should do that eat to my meter thing when i start to eat proper food again.

I expect it would just be a bit boring if I posted on here 'meal replacement shake' repeatedly. I will be watching for ideas.

K

Kat100

Thank you @Pipp It's just what works ... My numbers may change though ... I don't know the future .. I just do what I can here and now ... It seems to be working.... At the moment .. I am still on the register and won't be coming off it ... I don't just use diet ... But can now have Nairn oat biscuit on the odd day and I love a WW yougurt ...

@Pipp I would love a shake recepie ... My diet is just pretty much the same most days ... So any new ideas are great ...
For me this is a bit like a diary .. Sort of helps ...
Always nice to see what other people eat ... Hope you are able to adapt your diet as and when ... Best wishes Kat

Edited to say .. I love my Alpen mix ... Home made one x
I love making spelt bread as well , but use bread maker ... I only have a bit with my soup ...

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @Pipp It's just what works ... My numbers may change though ... I don't know the future .. I just do what I can here and now ... It seems to be working.... At the moment .. I am still on the register and won't be coming off it ... I don't just use diet ... But can now have Nairn oat biscuit on the odd day and I love a WW yougurt ...

@Pipp I would love a shake recepie ... My diet is just pretty much the same most days ... So any new ideas are great ...
For me this is a bit like a diary .. Sort of helps ...
Always nice to see what other people eat ... Hope you are able to adapt your diet as and when ... Best wishes Kat
Thank you kat.
A shake recipe consists of: 200 mls of water, 1 packet of meal replacement shake, open packet, mix with water, drink! :D
Hardly inspirational stuff but in the right circumstances works wonders.

K

Kat100

Thank you kat.
A shake recipe consists of: 200 mls of water, 1 packet of meal replacement shake, open packet, mix with water, drink! :D
Hardly inspirational stuff but in the right circumstances works wonders.
Brave .. You see that would scare me .. I would love to try ... Maybe I could in the summer , I would need your support ...
How many do you have in a day or a week ... Thanks Kat

Just read your work in progress ... Same here lol
You have done really well ...
I see where your coming from now ...

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would be
Brave .. You see that would scare me .. I would love to try ... Maybe I could in the summer , I would need your support ...
How many do you have in a day or a week ... Thanks Kat

Just read your work in progress ... Same here lol
You have done really well ...
I see where your coming from now ...
worried about derailing here, kat. There are lots of ND threads, but I would always emphasise that ND needs medical approval and supervision. I wonderful tool if used in right way by right people.

An example of my recent meals would be boring:

Breakfast: Shake that weight oatmeal, glass of water

Lunch: Shake that Weight caramel shake, glass of water

Dinner: baked broccoli, onion, green beans, glass of water

Supper: Shake that Weight vanilla shake, glass of water

Snacks: glasses of water.

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Small banana, small apple, tea was chicken and mushroom slice with mixed veg

K

Kat100

I would be

worried about derailing here, kat. There are lots of ND threads, but I would always emphasise that ND needs medical approval and supervision. I wonderful tool if used in right way by right people.

An example of my recent meals would be boring:

Breakfast: Shake that weight oatmeal, glass of water

Lunch: Shake that Weight caramel shake, glass of water

Dinner: baked broccoli, onion, green beans, glass of water

Supper: Shake that Weight vanilla shake, glass of water

Snacks: glasses of water.
Hi @Pipp it's a type 2 thread ..
So it's interesting ....
Not sure I could do it , but good for you , and all that you have achieved ...

Eating food again is going to be a challenge I can see that ... I mean more than the one meal a day instead of a shake ...
Oatmeal and caramel sound nice .... Kat

I don't think you have derailed .. It's your type 2 diet you have shared ... And thank you ....

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: 2 slices of cheese and one small banana
Lunch: 6 feta cheese olives
Snack: handful of cashews
Dinner: Steamed broccoli, 8 french fries, one bite of chicken and a couple forkfuls of corn

I do hope I posted this correctly, within the parameters of this thread.
Sounds fine to me... :)

S

Sable_Jan

Thank you @Kat100 and @Sable_Jan . I hope I am allowed to ask this, do your BG levels stay ok, as I am not sure whether the dried fruit would be a problem for me. I really need to consider these things as I change from VLCD.
Hi Pipp. No matter what I eat I always aim for a rise of no more than 2.0 at 2 hours post with an absolute Max of 7.8. So if my pre breakfast is high I reduce the amount of cereal. Normally around 70-80gs of my mix is OK for me eaten with soya milk taking me up about 1.5ish most days. My mixes do vary depending what I have at time of mixing but unlike Kat I mix a batch to fill a plastic cereal storer tub...... If you feel dried fruit wouldn't work for you either leave it out or try just a little by adding it separately at breakfast time at first to see......

Hope this helps :)

S

Sable_Jan

Hi @Pipp it's a type 2 thread ..
So it's interesting ....
Not sure I could do it , but good for you , and all that you have achieved ...

Eating food again is going to be a challenge I can see that ... I mean more than the one meal a day instead of a shake ...
Oatmeal and caramel sound nice .... Kat

I don't think you have derailed .. It's your type 2 diet you have shared ... And thank you ....
I agree with @Kat100 ........ Newcastle Diet or not its still what you have eaten today (well mostly drunk but sure we can stretch to that ;)

Vidusi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty
Porridge with soya milk and Splenda, lunch half a bowl of chips, mid afternoon toasted tea cake with butter and dinner homemade veggie chilli with quern and rice. Not a good day, rice sent my sugar up to 16, only 2 tablespoons full.

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast = 4 x shredded wheat with Canderel and semi skimmed milk
Dinner = to follow
Tea = follow

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
So far a bagel for breakfast...big mistake. BS 9.7 2 hours after. So bagels off the shopping list!

S

Sable_Jan

Usual porridge mix, soya milk and cashew butter for breakfast. Dinner probably celery, grapes and cheese again
Tea is planned to be a frittata followed by sugar free orange jelly and chocolate blancmange...maybe with a few dark choc chips sprinkled on top.....