1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. JAY1JAY1

JAY1JAY1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Porridge as don't get time to cook first thing 0400 hrs
    Turkey sandwich and banana for lunch
    And chicken salad with half a jacket potato for my evening meal

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

I'm sure Adrian could give us a clue .......

3. barbra

barbra Type 2 · Member

interesting seeing what everyone eats. had egg whites and mushrooms for breakfast with 2 tablesoons beans. lunch was cottage cheese and mixed leaves. and tonight for dinner had turkey with brocolli and green beans and some berries.

• Like Like x 4
  4. gillyhill

gillyhill Type 2 · Well-Known Member

A question on levels after meal. Colleague said a reading under 10 2 hours after a meal was OK. I disagreed. Opinions?

• Like Like x 2
  5. daddys1

daddys1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B - Yogurt thinned with cream, Sprinkled Granola & Flaxseed, 1/2 an apple, black tea
    Snack 1 x baby Bel
    L - 2 x ryvita thick spread Philli, Mackerel Fillet (hot, 2 mins Micro) 6/8 Olives lrg + 5 sm plum toms Black Tea
    Snack 2 Handfulls of Pecan's
    D - Rack Lamb (2 chops) teaspoon mint sauce, Swede, Cauli, 2 x 1/2 roasties, Gravy. 2 x glasses Merlot
    S - 2 x 70% squares choc

• Like Like x 2
  6. daddys1

daddys1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  7. gillyhill

Thanks Neil. Thought I was right

• Like Like x 6
  8. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

Single figures no matter when you test .... and the lower the better. That is the ultimate goal @gillyhill

Stay below 8s (preferable) and you're doing just fine and anything below 6s after meals is damned near perfect

• Like Like x 8
  9. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Last night for dinner I had Thai Fishcakes with salad for starter followed by pan fried fillet of sea bass with spinach and crushed new potatoes - although I couldn't eat all of the potatoes because I was full! 1hour after I was 9.1 but after 2 hours I was down to 7.3 -didn't test again because I went to bed but was 5.9 this morning.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

During the week I tend to have breakfast at 6.30 so these make a nice midmorning snack particularly as, even at 10g carbs per cake, they don't affect my BS too much.

• Like Like x 4
  11. gillyhill

Thanks Mike D. Need as much encouragement as I can get

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

Anytime at all :) That isn't just me talking .... it's the voices of some GREAT people on this board that pushed me to reaching goals I didn't think i could attain.

It's now up to me to do the same for new members. You're one of them and now you're one of us. You can do it. We will ALWAYS help out our mates.

Mike :)

• Like Like x 6
  13. gillyhill

Thanks Mike D. Had porridge for breakfast. Happy as bs 6.3 2 hours after :)

• Like Like x 4
  14. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

THAT is a great number ... you might have spiked at the one hour mark but we now don't know what that was. Porridge is not too good for many so you beat the odds. Try something different though and see what that does.

As I always say to new members .... "keep going'". Stay ahead of the game and only look back when you've won it. If you reckon you're battling there's always more within you than you could EVER believe you had. Great work !!!!

Mike

• Like Like x 4
  15. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

And me :D

• Like Like x 2
  16. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Always loved it jan , think I could have a diet of just cheese ... But I have to watch my cholesterol .:)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Always surprising what some of us can eat and what we can't.... That almond cake is gorgeous BUT my meter doesn't like it... My cereal mix it doesn't mind so much but I get away with it because oats and no sugar bran sticks is small in relation to nuts and seeds and I've always been ok with a but if dried fruit. It's the coconut flour that helps to thicken it and the cashew butter that just finishes the mmmmmm factor for me. Use soya milk and no sweetener at all
    And potion control....if my fasting is good, like today 4.7 I allow myself 90gs.....and reduce according

• Like Like x 4
    #77 Sable_Jan, Apr 23, 2015 at 12:05 PM
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  18. gillyhill

Porridge for breakfast..6.3 2 he's after...good?
    Banana, pear (both small) and light yoghurt for lunch. No plans yet for tea.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

There's a table of figures on the main website.... I thought it was 7.8 max but the levels are different for "type" and children ... I believe most people aim for "non diabetic" levels

20. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

7.3 is fine and cos you tested at one hour (not really necessary) and it showed that you were on the way down......

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook