Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You both have to tell me how you do that !!! I love(d) shredded wheat. Send me the tolerance tablet if you could. :) One breakfast I would love to have again.

I am so envious of you both.

Mike

Reactions: 2 people

googlegoss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - bacon with 2 fried eggs and 1tsp brown sauce
Snack - cathedral city cheese mini and a ham rollup with cheese spread
Lunch - Tuna with full fat mayonnaise, more cheese lol and a few slices of beetroot
Snack - cathedral citycheese mini and a ham rollup with cheese spread
Dinner - Liver with onions, cauliflower and green beans

I know there looks a lot of cheese but am within my limits, the minis are individually wrapped 20g portions and I weighed the cheese for lunch which was 35g and then two cheese triangles for the ham rollups. I love cheese

Oh yes and half a bottle of red wine (my friend drinks the other half), lol

Reactions: 6 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast = 4 x shredded wheat with Canderel and semi skimmed milk
Dinner = to follow
Tea = follow
update
Bar-b dinner = 2 burgers on buns with lettuce and cheese slices + 3 x sausages on a bun + cold lager.
20150422_125646.jpg

Reactions: 6 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - Bran flakes with hazelnuts and almonds with ff milk
Snack - chocolate covered rice cake
Lunch - had a works conference so food was limited so had 1 beef sandwich, sausage roll, piece of quiche but left the base and most of the garnish which was lettuce and tomato oh and some fruit salad and a teeny bit of rocky road! Surprisingly enough my BS was 5.3 when I got home at 16.30 so hopefully not too much damage!
Dinner - out tonight so haven't a clue but will try to be good!!

Reactions: 4 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Today I have mostly eaten:
Yoghurt for breckie
Crispy bacon for lunch
Chicken salad for dinner
Supper not sure yet.

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

Porridge with soya milk and Splenda, lunch half a bowl of chips, mid afternoon toasted tea cake with butter and dinner homemade veggie chilli with quern and rice. Not a good day, rice sent my sugar up to 16, only 2 tablespoons full.
Hope you day improves tomorrow ... Are you veggie .. Re diet ...

K

Kat100

Breakfast my usual ... Always my homemade Alpen with unsweetened soya milk ..

Got home late .. So lunch ... Just the soup .. Homemade again
With a pear and some cheese to follow ..

Tonight ... A little rice ... With tufu cooked with spinach in coconut milk and turmeric ...

Evening now .. Hot choc and a Nairns oatmeal biscuit ... Very nice

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

Breakfast - Bran flakes with hazelnuts and almonds with ff milk
Snack - chocolate covered rice cake
Lunch - had a works conference so food was limited so had 1 beef sandwich, sausage roll, piece of quiche but left the base and most of the garnish which was lettuce and tomato oh and some fruit salad and a teeny bit of rocky road! Surprisingly enough my BS was 5.3 when I got home at 16.30 so hopefully not too much damage!
Dinner - out tonight so haven't a clue but will try to be good!!
I have some of those rice cakes they are ok in taste , and nice with the chocolate

K

Kat100

Breakfast - bacon with 2 fried eggs and 1tsp brown sauce
Snack - cathedral city cheese mini and a ham rollup with cheese spread
Lunch - Tuna with full fat mayonnaise, more cheese lol and a few slices of beetroot
Snack - cathedral citycheese mini and a ham rollup with cheese spread
Dinner - Liver with onions, cauliflower and green beans

I know there looks a lot of cheese but am within my limits, the minis are individually wrapped 20g portions and I weighed the cheese for lunch which was 35g and then two cheese triangles for the ham rollups. I love cheese

Oh yes and half a bottle of red wine (my friend drinks the other half), lol
Cheese is one of my favourites to ...

K

Kat100

You both have to tell me how you do that !!! I love(d) shredded wheat. Send me the tolerance tablet if you could. :) One breakfast I would love to have again.

I am so envious of you both.

Mike
It just works Mike ( for me ) not saying it will forever don't know the answer to that . I don't know the science ... Another member used to be good with science and food .. It was really interesting ..
For me low sugar was my main goal ... I do eat low carb meals as well ... But I tweak and change with portion control ... All diets really are interesting
And yes of course i have to exercise with my diet ... I need both ...

By the way I never ever ate shredded wheat ... Lol
Sorry you loved it so much .. Perhaps on day ... Or now and again .... Kat

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It just works Mike ( for me ) not saying it will forever don't know the answer to that . I don't know the science ... Another member used to be good with science and food .. It was really interesting ..
For me low sugar was my main goal ... I do eat low carb meals as well ... But I tweak and change with portion control ... All diets really are interesting
And yes of course i have to exercise with my diet ... I need both ...

By the way I never ever ate shredded wheat ... Lol
I don't think Shredded wheat would be my carb of choice either. Lol. But no accounting for taste.
Now if you were talking about a nice about a nice dark ale, that would be my dream carb.
However, today a mundane mix of :
Grilled mushroom with a thin shaving of parmesan; lots of water and lemon ginger tea; baked cauliflower green salad, boiled egg. As a special treat I am going to have sparkling mineral water and 2 walnuts.

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Tinned mackerel, cheese, some chopped red pepper and a little red onion.
Lunch: Half a tub of Sri-lankan soup and a slice of burgen.
Dinner: Lamb chops a little swede mash and some garlicy green beans.

And a naughty small handful of sugar free dark chocolate covered espresso beans!

Reactions: 5 people
K

Kat100

I don't think Shredded wheat would be my carb of choice either. Lol. But no accounting for taste.
Now if you were talking about a nice about a nice dark ale, that would be my dream carb.
However, today a mundane mix of :
Grilled mushroom with a thin shaving of parmesan; lots of water and lemon ginger tea; baked cauliflower green salad, boiled egg. As a special treat I am going to have sparkling mineral water and 2 walnuts.
Now I like all of those .. But not the ale ... I am a champagne girl once a year ... Ooo and no eggs for me ... Baked cauliflower yes lovely ...
Enjoy your treat :)

K

Kat100

Breakfast: Tinned mackerel, cheese, some chopped red pepper and a little red onion.
Lunch: Half a tub of Sri-lankan soup and a slice of burgen.
Dinner: Lamb chops a little swede mash and some garlicy green beans.

And a naughty small handful of sugar free dark chocolate covered espresso beans!
Hi Daks where did you get those beans ... Kat

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

Thanks for that :) I always get over things pretty quickly but we do remember and life goes on. As for sausages, buns and lager?

Sounds like the days when I was NOT diabetic

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

Thanks for that :) I always get over things pretty quickly but we do remember and life goes on. As for sausages, buns and lager?

Sounds like the days when I was NOT diabetic
Haha sounds like a meal,for a bbq .. Not for me a veggie though ...;) But the odd glass of Bolly well ...