Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

S

Sable_Jan

THAT is a great number ... you might have spiked at the one hour mark but we now don't know what that was. Porridge is not too good for many so you beat the odds. Try something different though and see what that does.

As I always say to new members .... "keep going'". Stay ahead of the game and only look back when you've won it. If you reckon you're battling there's always more within you than you could EVER believe you had. Great work !!!!

Mike
The one hour mark doesn't matter at all ... its the two hour that matters..... even non-diabetics spike at one hour, its natural... its the 2 hours that show how your body has coped with its input

Reactions: 2 people
C

catherinecherub

These are the NICE recommendations.

Blood glucose ranges for type 2 diabetes

• Before meals: 4 to 7 mmol/l
  • 2 hours after meals: under 8.5 mmol/l
Blood glucose ranges for type 1 diabetes (adults)
  • Before meals: 4 to 7 mmol/l
  • 2 hours after meals: under 9 mmol/l
Blood glucose ranges for type 1 diabetes (children)
  • Before meals: 4 to 8 mmol/l
  • 2 hours after meals: under 10 mmol/l
However, those that are able to, may wish to keep blood sugar levels below the NICE after meal targets.

S

Sable_Jan

THAT is a great number ... you might have spiked at the one hour mark but we now don't know what that was. Porridge is not too good for many so you beat the odds. Try something different though and see what that does.

As I always say to new members .... "keep going'". Stay ahead of the game and only look back when you've won it. If you reckon you're battling there's always more within you than you could EVER believe you had. Great work !!!!

Mike
but why change a winning formula unless you get bored with porridge..... especially with its cholesterol lowering properties

Reactions: 3 people

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
Breakfast this morning a 3 egg with double cream, cheese and mushroom omelette, cooked in butter with 2 rashers of bacon 1 Oopsie roll reading after 2 hours 7.8 amazing my best yet.

Reactions: 10 people
S

Sable_Jan

Right

After my usual breakfast I was a bit higher than usual which was strange especially after a lower fastin, must just have been the "mix" that poured out this morning.... but still well within range...

Dinner I think is cheese and celery again cos I'm hungry and don't fancy cooking now it being 2pm.... no grapes left.....
Tea will be a carvery roast with any luck.....
No snacks yet.... so far ;) Probably be nuts at bedtime though

Reactions: 5 people

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
yep, REALLY good :) happy you can eat it......
I am trying the LCHF diet I am amazed what I am allowed to eat! I just hope it helps my lose weight and gets my sugars down.

S

Sable_Jan

I am trying the LCHF diet I am amazed what I am allowed to eat! I just hope it helps my lose weight and gets my sugars down.
Hi Viv, in that case the best place to look is on the What have you eaten in the Low Carb section then as this is a place where Type 2s can record their food..... regardless of what type of diet they may be following ... hth

Reactions: 4 people

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Viv, in that case the best place to look is on the What have you eaten in the Low Carb section then as this is a place where Type 2s can record their food..... regardless of what type of diet they may be following ... hth
Thanks this is all new to me but with help from the people in the forum I am getting there.

gbswales

Small portion of Shreddies and small glass grapefruit juice took me from 5.6 to 13.9 in two hours despite taking 26 insulin. Other times the same would leave me below 6 after 2 hours!

C

catherinecherub

This thread is about what people have eaten, rather than what people think they should be eating and how many times and when they should test.

Just keep posting what you are eating on a daily basis If you want to include when and why different testing regimes are essential then please start a new thread.

As Admin has said in the opening post,
"Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Low carb contributions are of course welcomed, but please keep in mind that this is not the low carb diet section, and debates about diet should be kept out of this thread. Happy posting! ;)"

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I would like to apologise firstly for not completing my profile, I have now done this and unfortunately I am type 2 For which I take metformin! There is so much to learn I am really enjoying looking around and reading the forums. Also I would like to explain I am a male, in the UK the male is Vivian! The female is Vivien! Confusing I know but thats the way it is, so from a very sunny Wales have a good day.

Reactions: 7 people
C

catherinecherub

If people want to argue about who can and who cannot post in this thread then please do so via PM.

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Thanks Viv0147. I love it and it's so filling. Small pastie with veg for tea. Bad I know but has to be eaten. Not throwing it in the bin!!!

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Thanks Mike D. Tried bagel but that was much higher. Got sachets porridge and bagels in cupboards and I hate wasting food! ;) maybe try cereal

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
but why change a winning formula unless you get bored with porridge..... especially with its cholesterol lowering properties
I am bored with porridge. It is the meal replacement stuff, I am using, but tastes the same as porridge.
Try to make it interesting by adding cinnamon or nutmeg, but much prefer a full English breakfast. Which I will have as a treat at the weekend. Much prefer that sort of treat to anything sweet, or carb laden. So won't have toast with it, just extra bacon and sausage. Still dreaming as today has been
Oatmeal shake that weight made with water sprinkled with nutmeg
Veg soup
Shake that weight bar, coffee
Kale crisps
Broccoli and salmon
Lots of water drank throughout the day
Blood glucose is staying average 5.3 and weight is falling steadily.

Reactions: 8 people
K

Kat100

I am bored with porridge. It is the meal replacement stuff, I am using, but tastes the same as porridge.
Try to make it interesting by adding cinnamon or nutmeg, but much prefer a full English breakfast. Which I will have as a treat at the weekend. Much prefer that sort of treat to anything sweet, or carb laden. So won't have toast with it, just extra bacon and sausage. Still dreaming as today has been
Oatmeal shake that weight made with water sprinkled with nutmeg
Veg soup
Shake that weight bar, coffee
Kale crisps
Broccoli and salmon
Lots of water drank throughout the day
Blood glucose is staying average 5.3 and weight is falling steadily.
Enjoy that breakfast ...

K

Kat100

My normal routine breakfast ... Yes I sometimes add cinimon to ...

Lunch ... Salad and cheese roll and a pear ..

Tonight ... Chilli veggie style .. Small portion of rice ..

Later chocolate high %a couple of squares and may be a weight watcher yogurt ...