Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bedtime 4.6 after a day in london from 9.30am till home at midnight, eating out twice and drinks.
Fasting 5.7

Reactions: 18 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
7.3 mmol / L this morning.
6.2 mmol / L at bed time.

Bed time was over an hour past midnight! :O Late morning test - most probably past dawn phenomenon.

Reactions: 15 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning campers

5.5 fasting. Beautiful day in the new forest. 11 of us in a cottage for the week. Kids up at 4.30 this morning and a whole year's of weefergus' s wine rations already quaffed. Ouch.

Reactions: 16 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 am, per 4.9 post 5.6, breaded chicken and garlic, cabbage and peas, avocado. It's okay.

Reactions: 15 people

Scarlett2709

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine are between 6 and 8. I am newly diagnosed. I'm a bit confused though as when I took my glucose tolerance test my FBS was 8 but at my 2 hour test it was 4. I thought 4 was good. I'm still getting to grips with having Type 2 but have managed to lose a stone and 4 pounds since 1st April 2015.

Reactions: 17 people

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3.6 this morning - same as yesterday. Been getting a lot of readings below 4! which seems weird as I'm not on any medication but doing the Newcastle diet.

Maybe my meter is faulty!

Reactions: 18 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 6.1 this morning after a bedtime reading of 6.1.
Morning campers

5.5 fasting. Beautiful day in the new forest. 11 of us in a cottage for the week. Kids up at 4.30 this morning and a whole year's of weefergus' s wine rations already quaffed. Ouch.

I hope your head is not reminding you of all that quaffing!

Reactions: 10 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 this morning - only 4 hours sleep as an early start for the airport. Last night 5.5 before supper, had some of my daughter's chips, plus some cheese, 6.6 after two hours. Am wondering if my insulin resistance has improved but my baseline still needs work?

PS Remembered my meter :) Back on Tuesday.

Reactions: 17 people
Status
Not open for further replies.