The SCREAM thread

N

NicolaB70

Just spent 10 bloody minutes writing a reply on that thread to find it's locked or whatever when I hit post reply! Arghhh. Maybe this should go on the scream thread!
Have now managed to reply on that thread!

Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It's quite cathartic to write it all down and get it off your chest :D especially when I'm being nosy and wondering what's up and what you just reported ;);)

Yes you are nosey, but all in the best possible taste ;) :p x

Reactions: 6 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's quite cathartic to write it all down and get it off your chest :D especially when I'm being nosy and wondering what's up and what you just reported ;);)
Yesssss...do tell....then we can all have a :arghh: on your behalf :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just spent 10 bloody minutes writing a reply on that thread to find it's locked or whatever when I hit post reply! Arghhh. Maybe this should go on the scream thread!
Have now managed to reply on that thread!

You have ?? :wideyed: thumbs up

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

Recipe in todays paper for "sugar free" apple crumble (actually apple and raspberry crumble but let's not split hairs) in the apples was 3 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp in the crumble mix. Honey is still sugar in another form. Same with the silly Davina McColl "sugar free" cooking book where the recipes had ridiculous quanties of maple syrup and honey :mad:

Reactions: 11 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Recipe in todays paper for "sugar free" apple crumble (actually apple and raspberry crumble but let's not split hairs) in the apples was 3 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp in the crumble mix. Honey is still sugar in another form. Same with the silly Davina McColl "sugar free" cooking book where the recipes had ridiculous quanties of maple syrup and honey :mad:

That's big Arrrggghhhhhhhhhhh :rolleyes::arghh:

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I guess if the recipes were using flour we could also argue that would break down to sugar too.

S

Sable_Jan

It IS low GI I guess but bet they were "normal" flour...

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Making stupid mistakes and failing to understand what I can and can't eat.....:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Reactions: 5 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's it :p( I'm still doing it after 26 years ) and some days I could just :arghh::banghead::arghh::banghead::arghh::banghead:
Lmao....glad I'm not alone then :)....we need a **sitting in the corner sucking my thumb emoticon**.....the hitting my head up the wall one just doesn't cover my frustration.......but it will do for now ....just when I thought I was making progress.......:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::arghh::arghh::arghh::(:confused::confused::confused::(

Reactions: 4 people

billyhill2

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I could kick myself for waiting so long before posting on here and asking for help. Is there a kick me up the backside smiley? The welcome I received has been and still is tremendous.
So the waiting deserves a scream :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
the welcome, an applause (no applause smiley) so I'll :singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing: praises instead

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I could kick myself for waiting so long before posting on here and asking for help. Is there a kick me up the backside smiley? The welcome I received has been and still is tremendous.
So the waiting deserves a scream :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
the welcome, an applause (no applause smiley) so I'll :singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing: praises instead
:hilarious::woot:

S

Sable_Jan

Making stupid mistakes and failing to understand what I can and can't eat.....:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
It's a steep learning curve at first and difficult to turn around previously held healthy eating beliefs.....whilst they hold true in many ways and for many people it has to be rethought for anyone diagnosed with (pre) diabetes. Lots of tweaking needed. Have patience with yourself x you WILL get there....

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

Welcome to the madhouse Billy.... :cool:;)

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Just got a delivered (thru box but not posted) letter to attend an interview for fly tipping ... Gave friend a load of boxes for moving house and think her landlord must e dumped the unused ones with rubbish when they cleared old flat out. Grrrrrrrrrr.
So if you ever give boxes away for moving don't leave your address on them....and half way thru writing this Bligh started digging compost pile out....nor worried abt that, just hope he's not started his paw bleeding again..

Reactions: 3 people