Eurovision song contest anyone?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It's a waste of time participating, due to the eastern bloc votes that nearly all vote for Russia. We do however pay £300k to participate!

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It's a waste of time participating, due to the eastern bloc votes that nearly all vote for Russia. We do however pay £300k to participate!
Money well spent!:D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I do believe Sweden have won and there was a common theme through most of the voting, a lot of non political voting trends.

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Off to my Euro pit now, to dream about the spectacular, thank god I didn't listen to that bloody Graham Norton! He does my head in!

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Off to my Euro pit now, to dream about the spectacular, thank god I didn't listen to that bloody Graham Norton! He does my head in!
He makes me appreciate stupid people. Gosh.. !! Another one for the scream thread !

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The Aussie did well, it went down well, kinda hope you can come back again!
Thought it was defo less political than normal, good message from Vienna, about how we should be more
Cooperation between the different countries. Building bridges. Like it!
Better than the near sighted views of the politicos in this country!

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
To be honest @nosher8355 , I hope we don't. Down here, it's a curiousity but great fun nonetheless. Who in the hell would vote for us?

Or you guys for that matter :)

Biased beyond belief

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @Mike D
Think you got the curiosity vote myself!;)

The popular and bookies favourite's did well last night.
The problem the brits have is the selection process is run by the BBC and not by someone who knows how to get a decent song and make it better,
They think a gimmicky song is better than an all rounded song, the public vote for it now, and despite that we have the second best popular music history, we have been absolutely naff lately.
You only have to listen to the message in the top two songs, they did it with passion and feeling, good composition and good stage production.
We did a twenties ditty that won't reach the top ten here and the vocals were shocking.

Anyway as you say, who would vote for us anyway?:banghead::eek::D

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looking at the British entry just now.. The video looks like they filmed it on the set of the Titanic.. ;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll set em up.. You knock em down. LOL :p

Doing a bit of research on the "band" throws up this... "Electro Velvet are comprised of a Mick Jagger impersonator and a woman who didn’t make it past the first round of BBC1 show The Voice, and Still in Love With You sounds like a nightmarish (and unnecessarily long) effort to fuse the DNA of Cotton Eye Joe, the 1994 song Doop by Doop and the collected works of Scatman John into a monstrous new form,"

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

We kind of crossed over while i was posting.. I found this.. Though It's not unusual to find artist impersonators on the original circuit.
There was once a Tom Jones tribute singer part timing in the Heavy metal band "Cloven hoof."...

"Electro Velvet are comprised of a Mick Jagger impersonator and a woman who didn’t make it past the first round of BBC1 show The Voice, and Still in Love With You sounds like a nightmarish (and unnecessarily long) effort to fuse the DNA of Cotton Eye Joe, the 1994 song Doop by Doop and the collected works of Scatman John into a monstrous new form,"

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We kind of crossed over while i was posting.. I found this.. Though It's not unusual to find artist impersonators on the original circuit.
There was once a Tom Jones tribute singer part timing in the Heavy metal band "Cloven hoof."...

"Electro Velvet are comprised of a Mick Jagger impersonator and a woman who didn’t make it past the first round of BBC1 show The Voice, and Still in Love With You sounds like a nightmarish (and unnecessarily long) effort to fuse the DNA of Cotton Eye Joe, the 1994 song Doop by Doop and the collected works of Scatman John into a monstrous new form,"

Don't, it just makes it worse!
Last night would be 'Electro Velvet' highpoint in their careers. And undoubtedly, their low point, can't believe how bad it was. I heard it again, just audio, it's shockingly bad, especially the vocals!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They should have teamed up the "original" MJ with a suitable counterpart..?

Reactions: 4 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, I'm late to the Eurovision party, but I have a theory why the UK doesn't win any more. We don't have to go through the semi finals, and that's bad for 2 reasons. One, the Beeb doesn't send a song competitive enough; two, people in the rest of Europe and beyond don't get to know and love our entry. Meh, I've thought about this too much!