What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

add

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine was 8.9:(

Last edited by a moderator:

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all on this sunny morning :)

4.0 this morning (04/06/15)

You know even though I am confident that my result will be acceptable I still get excited while waiting for my meter to count down to the reading. Then pleased when it is ok. Gives me a boost to start the day. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This morning I was 14.6 (Dawn phenomenon at it's best) haha that's a good result for me in the morning these days!

zbd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sat 5th June
:D
Wakened 4am, dry mouth, sweating, feeling generally unwell, blood sugar 5.5, half an hour later blood sugar 4.5, had 3 glucose sweets and 4 jelly babies, feeling better I went back to bed
Question:- is it normal to have a hypo with blood sugar at 5.5, given that this is what most folk on here seem to aspire to
:confused:

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Sat 5th June
:D
Wakened 4am, dry mouth, sweating, feeling generally unwell, blood sugar 5.5, half an hour later blood sugar 4.5, had 3 glucose sweets and 4 jelly babies, feeling better I went back to bed
Question:- is it normal to have a hypo with blood sugar at 5.5, given that this is what most folk on here seem to aspire to
:confused:
Hi zbd, until you " normalise" your bs and stay there for a few weeks your body thinks its trying to help by pushing back up to what it thinks is normal, you will get there, just take it steady and be consistant.