Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
6.1 this morning a bit high from increased steroids. May have to add a couple of extra units and see what happens. Feeling a bit better this morning

I'm glad you're feeling better today. You certainly don't have an easy time with that chest. Keep well.

Reactions: 5 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.3 on a dull grey morning, but next post will be from Sunny Murcia Spain.

Keep well everyone and enjoy the weekend.

Reactions: 22 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a 6.2 fasting BG reading this morning after a 5.9 one at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 17 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
6.3 mmol / L this morning.
4.4 mmol / L at bed time.

Didn't sleep that well and morning test was late so, more than likely while cresting the wave of my dawn phenomenon.

That small piece of homemade white chocolate cheesecake

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1434699834.453125.jpg

probably didn't help either! ;)

Reactions: 20 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

5.5 fasting on a bright sunny day down here in saga central. Thursday's gone so safe to go to Aldi again.

Hba1c results back from the dn. 34 on the upside. Test strips stopped for t2 across the board at our surgery on the downside. She's decent enough for a dn. hands are tied blah blah, but will supply name of person who can authorise reversal of decision. I buy the majority of my own strips and have had a tub every other month. So coming up to a years diagnosis that's 6 tubs at £10 a tub of which I pay £8 making that a princely sum of £12.

Anyhow I know the nhs must look to cut costs but it's not about costs per se it's about the various (compartmentalised) budgets.

Work to do on weight and protein in the urine everything else normal.

Much work on the weight?
Good stuff with the 34.

Reactions: 10 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all 5.1 for me again today

Reactions: 23 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Morning troops

5.5 fasting on a bright sunny day down here in saga central. Thursday's gone so safe to go to Aldi again.

Hba1c results back from the dn. 34 on the upside. Test strips stopped for t2 across the board at our surgery on the downside. She's decent enough for a dn. hands are tied blah blah, but will supply name of person who can authorise reversal of decision. I buy the majority of my own strips and have had a tub every other month. So coming up to a years diagnosis that's 6 tubs at £10 a tub of which I pay £8 making that a princely sum of £12.

Anyhow I know the nhs must look to cut costs but it's not about costs per se it's about the various (compartmentalised) budgets.

Great HbA1c results!

Reactions: 7 people

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all :)

So I felt a bit low last night and broke my ND by having Fish, Chips and Peas for a late dinner. Regretting it now as I was 6.1 this morning. Time to pick myself up and get back on with it.

Reactions: 20 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

6 x 8 = 12? Or am I missing somethingf? :) I was never offered a meter or strips. Great HbA1c :D

Reactions: 2 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 mmol / L this morning.
4.4 mmol / L at bed time.

Didn't sleep that well and morning test was late so, more than likely while cresting the wave of my dawn phenomenon.

That small piece of homemade white chocolate cheesecake

View attachment 13741

probably didn't help either! ;)

Surely the point of morning fasting tests is to measure and dawn effect? Improving one's insulin sensitivity should hopefully suppress a morning BG spike? Maybe I am misinterpreting but you seem to be explaining that your reading should be lower because you tested at the wrong time (at the peak of a morning dawn effect spike)?

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A rubbish fasting 7.7 but better than yesterday's 9.1. Possible reasons but not excuses: very late meal last night, still on the antibiotics which have upset my digestion a little plus a busy week so little opportunity for exercise - already been out first thing this morning and recorded more steps and calories burned than the whole of yesterday. Am back to monitoring everything I eat as well. Two eggs and nothing else for breakfast...

Reactions: 17 people

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
7.5 but I did get an HbA1c of 5.7 so am pleased overall.

Reactions: 26 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Timewise you beat me easily, there is a two hour difference between us. 4.7 mmoles/l equals 84.6 mg/dl and according to the experts thats considered excellent. You started the day in great style, may the rest of the day also be great for you.
Thank you pasha I've been pulling some good ones out the box just lately your are always good as well.
Keep well stay safe my friend. JJ

Reactions: 10 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning, despite a late night (a very entertaining disaster movie featuring The Rock!)

Reactions: 16 people
Status
Not open for further replies.