Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Confused with strong headaches:-(
Today I experimented with yet another "never again", namely Genius gluten free crumpets. 10 gr carbs each, rice flour and potato starch etc. First warning while eating was that they were absolutely delicious, better than what I ever had. So, had three said crumpets with beef, mozzarella, butter. After 10 min, hell broke lose, with flushing, strong headaches, confusion, tiredness. At one hour check, I read a scary 8.7 which after another hour plummeted to 4.2. I did a control both times with backup meter, and about similar.
Now I still have quite strong headaches, and feel sh*t:-/
Please can someone let me know what's going on, except for it looks I can't touch anything with even traces of wheat, rice and potatoes.
What in the world is this up and down?
Unfortunately I remember feeling the same all my life, even though I've been officially diagnosed 4 months ago.
Please if anyone has any advice.

Reactions: 7 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Today I experimented with yet another "never again", namely Genius gluten free crumpets. 10 gr carbs each, rice flour and potato starch etc. First warning while eating was that they were absolutely delicious, better than what I ever had. So, had three said crumpets with beef, mozzarella, butter. After 10 min, hell broke lose, with flushing, strong headaches, confusion, tiredness. At one hour check, I read a scary 8.7 which after another hour plummeted to 4.2. I did a control both times with backup meter, and about similar.
Please can someone let me know what's going on, except for it looks I can't touch anything with even traces of wheat, rice and potatoes.
Unfortunately I remember feeling the same all my life, even though I've been officially diagnosed 4 months ago.
Hello moshe' you need to treat your blood like a sick baby! Eat small constant regulated meals weighed and measured,and lchf .if you do that then things will settle down ,i am living proof of that!

Reactions: 13 people

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi Folks,
5.6 fasting at 8.00am :) as had a meal out last night. Stuck to chicken so no blinding headaches.

Reactions: 25 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello moshe' you need to treat your blood like a sick baby! Eat small constant regulated meals weighed and measured,and lchf .if you do that then things will settle down ,i am living proof of that!
Hi Clive, thank you ever so much. I always knew that diabetics must eat small, constant meals, but it looks I need to practically start doing that. I do LC, and will take it even more seriously, but the HF scares me a bit, as I have a higher LDL. I eat all fat that comes in meats, love the fatty bits, love olive oil, ff milk ang yogurts, would that qualify as HF? Much obliged for your time.

Reactions: 2 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other

What are the ingredients in those crumpets? Sounds highly suspicious?

I'm not sure but, have you considered reactive hypoglycaemia?

Just my initial thoughts.

Reactions: 6 people

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi MosheBenYehuda, nomistheman and oldman1954,

Thanks for your likes this is all very new to me having just been diagnosed 12 weeks ago Type 2 having not been really well for over a year with another chronic condition. So it is great to finally feel as if the fog is lifting and I have found the tips on the forum great help. I hope you are all well at the moment.

Reactions: 12 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
hI joyceGlasgow i have only been diagnosed t2 just over a month ago so still a lot to learn but they are a great bunch on this forum:)

Reactions: 8 people

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
bb 8.3
this morning 9.5

Reactions: 18 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thanks for your likes this is all very new to me having just been diagnosed 12 weeks ago Type 2 having not been really well for over a year with another chronic condition. So it is great to finally feel as if the fog is lifting and I have found the tips on the forum great help. I hope you are all well at the moment.
Hi Joyce and welcome! I myself been diagnosed in March, and been on this forum for just a couple of weeks, and I have received so much help and support:)

Reactions: 8 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What are the ingredients in those crumpets? Sounds highly suspicious?

I'm not sure but, have you considered reactive hypoglycaemia?

Just my initial thoughts.
Hi Nomis, thank you very much.
First, the ingredients were mainly rice flour and potato starch, but the "just" 10 gr carb per crumpet, tricked me really bad...
Second, I checked the RH and I seem to really fit the bill, as three hours after breakfast was still 4.7 which is unusually low for me.
BUT, as I look through my log, my results were nearly ALWAYS LOWER two hours after the meals, for example, let me give you some previous readings, mainly from before and after breakfast: 6.3/5.5, 6.5/5.4, 6.8/5.7, 6.5/5.2, and this morning 5.5/4.2 !!! Also a previous late night meal on the 24th June gave 6.2 before and 4.7 after:-/
I'll take the Diabetes.co.uk's advice on dealing with it, mainly the less than 3 hours between meals, which I still need to add to the LC, which shall become truly NO CARB, as I seem to react very bad at even small amounts. So far only Warburton's GF bread made mainly from tapioca flour seem to be the only carb containing food which doesn't cause truble, for now...
Thanks again for you time, Sir:)

Reactions: 5 people

Wildrover

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Joyce, A big welcome to the forum,

gary803

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being alone

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whoop whoop, just seen my Hba1c results on patient access, when I was first diagnosed it was 134 in feb now 4months later it is a much healthier 44 which equates to an average bs of 7.3, thank god for that, well pleased, now waiting for lft and cholesterol results then see gp in just over 12 days time, hopefully she will be as pleased as I am.

Reactions: 23 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whoop whoop, just seen my Hba1c results on patient access, when I was first diagnosed it was 134 in feb now 4months later it is a much healthier 44 which equates to an average bs of 7.3, thank god for that, well pleased, now waiting for lft and cholesterol results then see gp in just over 12 days time, hopefully she will be as pleased as I am.
Well done orchid5, all the very best :)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @MosheBenYehuda have a look at the Reactive Hypoglycemia thread as it sounds similar to the problems that @nosher8355 and @Brunneria have with their BS

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @MosheBenYehuda

Yes, RH sounds like a distinct possibility! have you found the RH threads yet? If you have been reading the forum for a while, you probably have. If not, I can give you some pointers to them.

Welcome. :)

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.