Lidl High Protein Low Carb Rolls

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Gezzabelle @Brunneria @scottish-jim -now don't get alarmed at this but lidl uk is in profit thanks, mainly, to you 3 but don't forget their exposure to the UK is only a tiny exposure to their overall customer base and they are HUGE in Greece. What price a grexcit? Only saying. Be prepared. Spare freezer for sale £3,795 ono. Collection only.

Reactions: 6 people

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I sliced half of one into thins this morning and made eggy bread for breakfast, with some fried mushrooms, bacon and the rest of the egg made into scrambled egg - yum!

Reactions: 6 people

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had another successful raid this week. Loving the challenge :)

Mind you I did empty the shelf...

Reactions: 2 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bought my first two rolls yesterday. Just had 1/2 of one toasted with butter. The other 1 1/2 will go in the bin.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
It was squidgy and like eating rubber, with no taste of bread or any resemblance to bread at all. Utterly disgusting IMHO.

I don't miss bread enough to eat these I am afraid.

Haha thats just what I did....

Bought one and when lunch time came I got it out and it felt so heavy just like a soft house brick it was, it went straight in the bin and I had a sandwich with the multi seeded wholegrain loaf I usually buy.

But then I dont miss bread as I eat it every day, even when first diagnosed and unable to eat most breads I could still manage a couple of slices of Burgen quite easily and although I ate that most days for over a year I never really liked it that much but after losing 5 stone and with it most of my insulin resistance I found I was able to eat a wide variety of multi seeded and wholegrain breads.

My worst experience was when on holiday a couple of years after diagnosis when I thought id have a day off from diabetes and have a cream tea complete with a white scone which sent me straight into double figures and I slept for most of the afternoon afterwards!!

I still dont eat white or wholemeal bread but dont miss it as wholegrain and multi seeded breads tastes so much nicer.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If anyone comes across a lower carb bread without so many seed please let me know - I like the Lidl rolls but the huge number of seeds can cause problems when you have a stoma!

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had the other half as a toasted cheese thingie this morning, and it was a better experience.

i hour BG went to 6.8 after being 5.4 before, which is a bigger jump than yesterday.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had the other half as a toasted cheese thingie this morning, and it was a better experience.

i hour BG went to 6.8 after being 5.4 before, which is a bigger jump than yesterday.
Yesterday you only had half of one buttered....this result is with cheese which could account for the higher number maybe? I had similar rise the first time or two I had them but have them every day now with no bad results. Not every one gets the same results of course or likes the same things. They are just an alternative for anyone that misses bread and can tolerate them as most seem able to do :)

al_leister

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greedy Humans.....greedy animals I don't mind. I do like meat and fish but choose not to eat it!
Too many communications to check if already posted; does anybody know the carb count for these triangular treats?

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Too many communications to check if already posted; does anybody know the carb count for these triangular treats?
Nutrition Facts per 100g (100 g)
Energy 1121 kj
268 kcal
Protein 26.7 g
Carbohydrate 8.5 g
Sugar 0.5 g
Fat 13.4 g
Saturated Fat 0.4 g
Fibre 1.24 g
Sodium 990 mg.....................................I have one every day with crispy bacon and avocado and have a rise of about 1.4 which is not bad at all and most seem able to tolerate them easily :) The 1.4 rise includes the bacon and avocado and butter used for frying

learning2me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nutrition Facts per 100g (100 g)
Energy 1121 kj
268 kcal
Protein 26.7 g
Carbohydrate 8.5 g
Sugar 0.5 g
Fat 13.4 g
Saturated Fat 0.4 g
Fibre 1.24 g
Sodium 990 mg.....................................I have one every day with crispy bacon and avocado and have a rise of about 1.4 which is not bad at all and most seem able to tolerate them easily :) The 1.4 rise includes the bacon and avocado and butter used for frying
I just bought some of these for the first time, freshly made and delicious, BUT the lable underneath them said 28g Carbs?

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just bought some of these for the first time, freshly made and delicious, BUT the lable underneath them said 28g Carbs?
Noooo that's not correct. I eat them daily and they have no effect at all on my bg as do many others. They are low carb unless they have changed something we are unaware of. I hope you have got the right ones ...they should have been in the fresh bake section, loose in a basket and not packaged up in any way...triangular in shape and covered in seeds and very dark brown. The roll weighs a little over 100g btw and start with half of one first to see what happens...then progress to a whole one...it should make your bg go up more than 1.0 for the roll if you can tolerate them okay

learning2me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Noooo that's not correct. I eat them daily and they have no effect at all on my bg as do many others. They are low carb unless they have changed something we are unaware of. I hope you have got the right ones ...they should have been in the fresh bake section, loose in a basket and not packaged up in any way...triangular in shape and covered in seeds and very dark brown. The roll weighs a little over 100g btw and start with half of one first to see what happens...then progress to a whole one...it should make your bg go up more than 1.0 for the roll if you can tolerate them okay
Yes, they are certainly the right ones.
Can definitely recommend them, but just a bit concerned in case they have changed something.
Will have a look online and see if I can find any info.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, they are certainly the right ones.
Can definitely recommend them, but just a bit concerned in case they have changed something.
Will have a look online and see if I can find any info.
I have asked on the Lidl page to see if anyone can answer the question. They actually list the carb/protein content on there so would have thought it was still the same but best to check. If you have eaten one test your bg after 2 hours and see what's happened

learning2me

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have asked on the Lidl page to see if anyone can answer the question. They actually list the carb/protein content on there so would have thought it was still the same but best to check. If you have eaten one test your bg after 2 hours and see what's happened
I'm still waiting for my meter to arrive as I'm just starting out with this, so no idea what my BG is I'm afraid.
Hope they haven't changed anything!

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm still waiting for my meter to arrive as I'm just starting out with this, so no idea what my BG is I'm afraid.
Hope they haven't changed anything!
I will let you know if I hear anything from the Lidl group

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I am just back with a haul of ten! Will report any abnormal cheeseburger readings if they happen this evening.

Thanks for looking into this, guys :)