What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Edgecop

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Feeling particularly tired this morning- 2 cups of coffee and a square of 90% cocoa have had no impact- at work now- any tips other than having a nap!

Rodders69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Feeling particularly tired this morning- 2 cups of coffee and a square of 90% cocoa have had no impact- at work now- any tips other than having a nap!
You need to have slow release carbs as opposed to a quick chocolate fix, try some breakfast biscuits which should help until lunchtime.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Was 6.5 before bed and 8.0 this morning.
Can someone explain why this happens and what I can do to bring it down please?
Its what we call a liver rush...our bodies inbuit mechanism for readying for the days activities by providing a shot of glucose so you have reserves of energy

Reactions: 4 people

NowClosed11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
9.7 bed at 12.7 took two units
Should be at 6.7 -
Pants
Can it change that much that fast for needs
Two weeks ago I was 1u to 3bg
Now seems I am 2u to 3bg and still not feeling hypos till near 2.1 mark

Reactions: 4 people

Edgecop

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trying to stick to LCHF routine so opted for some gluten free Oatcakes- 4.8g Carb per biscuit- was like eating cardboard- will make sure I have a lump of cheese tomorrow to enhance the experience!
Love Porridge- not an option in work or nearby so may look at some packs at supermarket tonight for back up

Reactions: 2 people

juliekem

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
I never seem to get mine below 8 - and I have been low carbing for months which caused me to GAIN weight! I have now gone onto a diet akin to the old slimming world red days (2 small portions of carb a day) with no appreciable affect on my blood glucose! I would LOVE to have got my fasting blood down to the 5s or even the 6s but it didn't happen. And before anyone comments - yes I did stick to it - I followed the Atkins Induction diet.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I was 6.9 this morning, which is quite a surprise because of the stress I'm under. My mum's still ill in hospital and the Office Manager where I'm working is being less than supportive. I'm doing a 1 week work trial and she's making me feel like a naughty schoolgirl grrr