Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think my lowest was a 4.1 and that was last month just before my last Hb test. I am a bit confused over the 4.6 and the 4.5 over the last two mornings though as depression hit Thurs night so I ate a lot of processed s*** Thurs night and all of Friday but my FBG is lower. How does that even work :confused: Oh well back on track today so tomorows reading will most probably be higher, go figure :)

Reactions: 3 people

Osming

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
14.5 this morning - Eeeek! Couldn't have been. Re-washed my hands then did it again - 12.5. Still felt it was wrong. Got new batteries this afternoon - 8.4 pre-dinner 2 hours ;later 7.3! going the right way again thank goodness! Can't afford to have a dodgy meter while carbing.

Reactions: 12 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Better to start a new thread and link to it from here? That way everyone can have the opportunity to follow the topic and see your advice.

That's a good idea @nomistheman. But I don't know how to do it. Anyway, I've already sent Viv a PM. Just pointed him to the food & nutrition forum tbh. Plus, the "What have you had to eat today" thread for meal ideas. All the info is there.

Nice to see you posting. Hope you're well hun. X

Reactions: 5 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning. Still not well. Picking up my antibiotics later on. A rather high 11.9 mmol/l today.

Reactions: 10 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
5.8 today -that's slightly up on last three days but still under 6 thanks to lchf diet and this forum. Now for breakfast then coastal walk, have a happy day everyone.

Reactions: 12 people

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
9.1 fasting today yesterday was a funny day started at 10 then 7.2 then 10.1

Reactions: 11 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Morning. Still not well. Picking up my antibiotics later on. A rather high 11.9 mmol/l today.

Oh dear eddie1968. You're having a rough time right now. I hope the Antibiotics kick in quickly & helps to settle your BG. X
BG this bright Saturday morning is 5.7, after a 2am low, which I had a Penguin Biscuit to treat. Dull, throbbing headache though. Really must drink more water. :meh: Good health everyone. Have a lovely day.

image.jpg

Reactions: 10 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
5.1 this morning, and that's after a hefty red wine session last night!

Reactions: 13 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting reading of 5.7 after a 5.4 at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 15 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.3 for me again this sunny morning.

Reactions: 11 people