Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
AJ - Neither your profile, nor signature give any clues about your meds these days, so I've lost track of the details, forgive me.

Was your toast with nutella a hypo treatment, your chosen breakfast, influenced by your 3.8 or just brekkers?

If you felt fine, then treated the 3.8, what was your rationale, bearing in mind you could have been 4.4, allowing for an upward tolerance of 15%.

Perhaps your body is just notching down a level, as a result of your longer term control? When my bloods were reducing they didn't creep down, they notched, for no apparent reason, except a cumulative period of control, and a certain amount of weight loss.

Metformin only now. The Nutella on the toast was the only breakfast change. My personal preference is to be above 4.8 & I function better around 5ish. Though, I do hear what you're saying. Sound advice as always @AndBreathe. Thank you.

PS: recently removed all personal information from profile & signature due to "unwanted attention" that had become rather unsettling & upsetting. Privacy settings changed now too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
This morning my BS was 18.5 at 9am and I had not eaten since 8pm last night.

Oh dear @BlueTwist. That does seem high. Are you feeling ok? Perhaps a call or a visit to your HCP is needed to review treatment and/or diet. I don't wish to speak out of turn, so please know I have only the best of intentions. Wishing you well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning, but I'm starting to think I do it all wrong as I always end up testing 30+ minutes after getting up.

Reactions: 16 people

BlueTwist

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Oh dear @BlueTwist. That does seem high. Are you feeling ok? Perhaps a call or a visit to your HCP is needed to review treatment and/or diet. I don't wish to speak out of turn, so please know I have only the best of intentions. Wishing you well.

It's been high for several months, often in the 20's. I am constantly tired from it. I've just started Bydureon this week, so hoping that along with the other meds I take and a change in diet will see it become lower! Thanks for your concern.

Reactions: 5 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It's been high for several months, often in the 20's. I am constantly tired from it. I've just started Bydureon this week, so hoping that along with the other meds I take and a change in diet will see it become lower! Thanks for your concern.

I hope the Bydureon helps you with those FBG numbers. You're the first person I've come across who's been prescribed this drug. I'd be very interested in hearing how you do on it, if you don't mind sharing your experience. Feel free to PM me. Best wishes.

Reactions: 4 people

BlueTwist

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I hope the Bydureon helps you with those FBG numbers. You're the first person I've come across who's been prescribed this drug. I'd be very interested in hearing how you do on it, if you don't mind sharing your experience. Feel free to PM me. Best wishes.

Thanks! With Victoza I got pain in my side which my GP thought was Gallstones, but it wasn't, a scan proved that. I've been on Bydureon two days, and no major side effects but have noticed a slight twinge in my side, same place as my Victoza experience! I really hope this does not get worse!

Reactions: 7 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Today it is 5.7 trying Burgen toast for breakfast (tip from forum poster)

Reactions: 14 people