Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

maisiepug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
idiots who think they know everything but they really know nothing
5.7 this morning, so a lot better than yesterday, can you send the sun here please, very foggy

Reactions: 22 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Hi Folks

I had a 6.0 this morning, then straight off for a blood test.

Been wrestling with a ballcock ever since.....

Reactions: 20 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi folks. BG 4.4 fasting this morning. I've recognised that my FBG level has been lower over the past few days, possibly due to having had a small glass of wine. I rarely drink, but had been bought a nice bottle of rose. Not a bad "side effect." :)

Hope you're ok after your hypo @loulou99782. X

image.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 20 people

jojo broadie

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
4.9 for me this morning, my first metformin free day.
Hi did you cut down on metformin so that you don't have to take them anymore.....I am trying to achieve this with my husband through the low carb high fat diet ....how long dud it rake you to become medication free

Reactions: 4 people

Gary1205

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi did you cut down on metformin so that you don't have to take them anymore.....I am trying to achieve this with my husband through the low carb high fat diet ....how long dud it rake you to become medication free
Hi jojo, my brief history T2 wise is in a thread in the success stories section entitled "Really Happy Right Now".
Happy for you to PM me if you want more detail.

Reactions: 4 people

oldnevada

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sugar, in all it's iterations.
5.7 mm/L this a.m. But that's with 2 slices of brown bread and olive oil I had at 1:30 a.m.

Reactions: 21 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 this morning after a bs of 6 at bedtime. Might be I'm not eating enough as didn't have much tea last night.

Reactions: 19 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Morning everyone. 4.2 fasting today. Definitely the wine contributing to lower FBG's. Guess it's worth knowing. Good health folks.

@JoyceGlasgow. Hope you're ok. 2.9 is low, even for you. Best wishes.

image.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 19 people