This year's flu injection

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Never would have that filth shot in my veins. Money making scam for big pharmaceutical.

Total agreement.

The reason diabetics are at higher risk from flu than non- diabetics is simply because their increased bg levels suppresses their immune system.

Provided we are able to maintain normal or near-normal bg levels, there is no need to inject such a questionable product.

The article below shows that last year's jab only benefited 3% of those injected, because the manufacturers chose to produce a product that protected against the wrong flu strain.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...versal-protection-against-virus-10469703.html

Last edited by a moderator:

hsalinas

My arm was very sore for a couple days and I felt under the weather for a couple days. I already have severe allergies but my stomach was more sensitive for a while as well and I'm not sure if they are related. The arm pain is typical anyways.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I just hope that people who have had adverse reactions do indeed report them to the MHRA website.

Its the only true way for the true analysis rlof reactions to be evaluated.

Fuggs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I prefer to u
Total agreement.

The reason diabetics are at higher risk from flu than non- diabetics is simply because their increased bg levels suppresses their immune system.

Provided we are able to maintain normal or near-normal bg levels, there is no need to inject such a questionable product.

The article below shows that last year's jab only benefited 3% of those injected, because the manufacturers chose to produce a product that protected against the wrong flu strain.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...versal-protection-against-virus-10469703.html
I prefer to up the antioxidants. D3,E,Q10, magnesium etc.etc.

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
Hi everyone, has anyone had any adverse reaction to this year's flu jab? I ask because since having mine nearly three weeks ago I have had severe shoulder and arm pain and have now developed what I can only describe as prickly pins and needles in my chest and right breast. Thanks Coco :grumpy:
Hi had mine last Wednesday and past two night have had pain at night in both shoulders with pins & needles not pleasant.

al_leister

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greedy Humans.....greedy animals I don't mind. I do like meat and fish but choose not to eat it!
To do or not to do; this is the question I ask myself every year.

Going for jab on Tuesday morning; never had a bad reaction since starting the programme three years ago but often wonder do I really need it as I am as fit as a vegetarian butcher’s dog!

Carol__Ann

Had an achy arm & shoulder that same day, which has continued, felt under the weather and then had a violent upset stomach which lasted 24hrs have developed a cold ( which is unusual for me) Was surprised to have any reaction don't usually suffer any.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Never would have that filth shot in my veins. Money making scam for big pharmaceutical. Had enough trouble getting rid of the mercury from amalgamated without getting more adjuvant rubbish.

Hiya. I'm just curious if there would be any circumstances where you would consider getting the jab done, say if you had a respiratory illness? Hypothetical I know but as I'm a T2 (apparently "cured" lol) with asthma, I wondered if you would have the same view if you had other health issues where you were advised to have the jab.

Ta in advance.

Reactions: 2 people

Kesh123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sauce. Fish
It basically gives me flu when I have it done! Haven't had it for 2 years now as it makes me feel so **** xo

Fuggs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya. I'm just curious if there would be any circumstances where you would consider getting the jab done, say if you had a respiratory illness? Hypothetical I know but as I'm a T2 (apparently "cured" lol) with asthma, I wondered if you would have the same view if you had other health issues where you were advised to have the jab.

Ta in advance.
No never. I have always resolved respiratory problems by nebulising with colloidal (proper) silver.

Belladonna68

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who are selfish, rude, self-centred, disloyal, dishonest, etc
Hi everyone, has anyone had any adverse reaction to this year's flu jab? I ask because since having mine nearly three weeks ago I have had severe shoulder and arm pain and have now developed what I can only describe as prickly pins and needles in my chest and right breast. Thanks Coco :grumpy:
I have been going out of my mind with worry!! I also had the jab about three weeks ago and the aching shoulder and arm still persist! I am an aerial gymnast so thought it was an injury and have been putting off doing anything about it in case they tell me I have to take a break (will lose loads of fitness if I take a break)! I did think it was the flu jab that did it initially, but it never occurred to me that it could last so long. I've just spent most of my day today trying to figure out what I might have done to injure myself. Sort of relieved by the possibility that it might not be an actual injury. However, if this is associated to the jab, where do we go from here?

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
No never. I have always resolved respiratory problems by nebulising with colloidal (proper) silver.

Nope, I've never had of that one before! Glad you have found something that works for you:)

peppermintT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

peppermintT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone

I had a nasty cold 4 days after this years flu jab. This also happened to me 2 years ago after the flu job. After I recovered from the cold - 5 days- I went down with another half a cold for another 5 days , which caused blocked nose all evening and until 11am.
I'd still rather have this sort of thing than the flu, but next year I shall be timing my flu jab carefully to allow the 5 days for a cold!

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
had the flue jab for years with no ill effects however this year i got a cold three days after having the jab might be coincidental but i am blaming the jab....laughs

Cil1512_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorance in the nhs
Hi ive never reacted but this year i had a sore arm for a few days with pain travelling up my shoulder into my neck and still have an awful cold i had my jab 2 weeks ago

minime

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I have. Had the jab two weeks ago and have developed a sinus infection and bad cold which I can't seem to shake off. Blood sugar 16.5 this morning and 17.5 before lunch despite correction doses of novorapid. This is the first time for years that Ive been ill after a flu jab apart from a sore arm for a few days. Could be coincidental, of course, but makes me wonder! My blood sugar control has been haywire. GP gave me some antibiotics for the sinus infection but feel really drained.

Fuggs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope, I've never had of that one before! Glad you have found something that works for you:)
Too many ramifications with anti biotic s etc for my liking.
They do so much more damage than they solve sometimes.