• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Recent Content by LonelyFatGuy

  1. L

    Verruca

    The Bazuka patient information leaflet states: "Do not use the gel if you are diabetic or suffer from poor blood circulation to your hands or feet." Edited by mods to remove AI generated info
  2. L

    How long for Gliclazide to work, and what dose are you on...?

    Supposedly Gliclazide starts working 'within a few hours', according to the Google AI summary, so I thought my expectations of seeing some instant results today were semi-realistic, given that I took my first 30mg pill yesterday morning (Friday. It's the Modified Release version). Now Saturday...
  3. L

    Bouncing BG With Hypos

    What medication are you on that has you fighting hypos...?
  4. L

    Fixating on insulin is starting to annoy me!

    Maybe it does and I just haven't been told yet; they've been trying to get me do the 24hr blood pressure monitor thing recently because something is raised (they didn't specify in the text which exact marker, or by how much). I know it will be raised because of Testosterone Replacement Therapy...
  5. L

    Fixating on insulin is starting to annoy me!

    Do you know why you have raised RBC count, and how does that affect things...? Also, I don't understand the "changed the blood test I have" statement. It sounds like you are saying there is a different kind of test that you can take that takes into consideration your personal RBC count, and...
  6. L

    prickly feeling in fingers and toes after eating, is this always a bad sign ?

    I just noticed that your name is Fender Tele... Do you think you have any carpal tunnel or RSI from playing guitar...? I have various weird things that happen with my fingers and wrists that I would link more to years of guitar playing than the diabetes. Maybe holding your cutlery, or holding...
  7. L

    GP appt - need advice please

    I stopped taking Sitagliptin after a few weeks because it was making my post-meal readings worse, not better. Don't know why that would happen, but it did. I'm actually going to ask for Gliclazide or some other sulfonylurea, or even a meglitinide, because a side effect (hypos) that allows me...
  8. L

    Beau's Lines

    Only noticed yesterday that I have what I believe to be 'Beau's Lines' on both of my big toenails. Supposedly can be caused by diabetes. I know it might not be a question that anyone can answer, but would it be known at what kind of A1c these would start to appear...? I just got an A1c of...
  9. L

    Another unsatisfying appointment

    If that's true, wouldn't it support the argument of the OP for monthly tests...?
  10. L

    Effects of alcohol consumption on my blood glucose levels

    I would presume that aggrevating your liver has somehow prompted it to make more glucose...? Seems like the obvious answer.
  11. L

    Atorvastatin and Joint Pain

    I'm currently taking this for joint pain, and it seems to be working.
  12. L

    Diabetes Type 2 - Positives

    Suffered insomnia my whole life. Ever since diabetes showed up, I can sleep as long as I want.
  13. L

    Read the Riot Act by Doctor

    I'd like to know what the A1C actually is, and was for the last five years...?
  14. L

    Whey Protein lowering my BG

    Whey is a byproduct of the cheese making process. Then there's Casein, which I believe is created by further processing the whey. (you can think of Casein as a slow release version of Whey. It's thicker though, and hard to find a good brand) There are also protein powders made from peas...
  15. L

    Whey protein

    I made a thread about it. No one cared.
Back
Top