Linagliptin - Any experence of?

Robo42

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Since having to go on meds after 10 plus years diet controlled, I have so far been on Metformin, Metformin SR both bad stomach side effects. Then Glipizide not good either so been on Dapagliflozin but now recommended to come off as puts strain on kidneys, so its Linagliptin to try out.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I was on Sitagliptin for a couple of years and Linagliptin is in the same family of gliptins. My experience and other posts on the forum are that it gives few problems although the leaflet does warn of a few rare but serious side effects.

elaineglasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been on Linagliptin for about 6 months and I have no side affects whatsoever. I used to be on 500mg three times a day of Metformin and every day I was sick especially after brushing my teeth. It makes me gag. It also constantly made me run to the he toilet did terrible things to my stomach. The only way I could stop myself being on the toilet every hour was to take a dihydracodeine tablet and that helped. So I am much better on the Linagliptin.

Lornylou5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have 1000 Metformin and 100 Sitagliptin. A statin as well. My cholesterol is 3.5 and they want me to get it down to 3.
I vomit my food and my bowel is in crisis. I ache all over.